Loan signings????

Cardifframs

How about being realistic that other clubs are in a far stronger position to secure a play off spot. Use the next 17 games to give Bennett, Freeman, Hoganson some game time and see what they can do. Look at the impact Hughes made, did anyone expect that? Bennett could start banging them in.

Wait for the summer and hit the promotion dreams reset button.

It's alright saying go out and improve the squad now but we haven't got a clue who's actually available out there, maybe just maybe there isn't anyone in our price range available that can improve us. Crazy I know.

Which is different to not bringing somone in because we cant improve the team, if NC is saying they are looking for loan signings at least he hasnt got his head buried in the sand that we cant get better.

Why wait until the summer though, if the deal is right why not bring them in, will we have more money in the summer, does the league only last until you are safe, then play youngsters to bed them in ?

We are 9th 6 points off 6th, and what you are saying is sod it, why bother trying to improve lets be happy with what we got. Maybe the club should just do half season tickets, for the first six months, because it seems that some fans are happy that we hit the promotion dreams reset button in a league that anything can happen.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about being realistic that other clubs are in a far stronger position to secure a play off spot. Use the next 17 games to give Bennett, Freeman, Hoganson some game time and see what they can do. Look at the impact Hughes made, did anyone expect that? Bennett could start banging them in.

Wait for the summer and hit the promotion dreams reset button.

It's alright saying go out and improve the squad now but we haven't got a clue who's actually available out there, maybe just maybe there isn't anyone in our price range available that can improve us. Crazy I know.

Agree - with the exception of loaning players in for next season and seeing what they can do. I know that this is probably going to mean a lesser reputable player coming in, but hopefully we could find a gem.

but as you say depends on availability.

No I'm not implying by signing anyone we would win our next 4 games or if not we will lose. I'm just amazed that so many people are so happy with our very average side and are happy with what we have. I don't see the harm in trying to add more quality now if its available. There are a lot of points to play for. Or shall we just not bother with this season now

Again, you're saying if we don't bring anyone in we're not bothering with the rest of the season.

Maybe it's more a hinderence bringing someone new in and integrating them only to go after a couple of months. We've got an average squad in an extremely average league - nothing is stopping us stringing a few wins together other than our own consistency.

Which is different to not bringing somone in because we cant improve the team, if NC is saying they are looking for loan signings at least he hasnt got his head buried in the sand that we cant get better.

Why wait until the summer though, if the deal is right why not bring them in, will we have more money in the summer, does the league only last until you are safe, then play youngsters to bed them in ?

We are 9th 6 points off 6th, and what you are saying is sod it, why bother trying to improve lets be happy with what we got. Maybe the club should just do half season tickets, for the first six months, because it seems that some fans are happy that we hit the promotion dreams reset button in a league that anything can happen.

Of course if someone becomes available then go for it, should always be looking and seeing who is available but at the same time I'm not going to be disappointed at this stage of the season if we don't bring anyone in. We've got a full squad with plenty of options and touch wood few injury problems.

I think this is the ideal time to get the kids out there more, I'm not suggesting we start with half a team of kids and totally give up, maybe give Hoganson or Freeman a few games at left back and bring Bennett on in earlier in the second half. LB keeps getting mentioned but we could have 2 that can do a job already,

Why wait till the last few games when the season really is over.

Again, you're saying if we don't bring anyone in we're not bothering with the rest of the season.

Maybe it's more a hinderence bringing someone new in and integrating them only to go after a couple of months. We've got an average squad in an extremely average league - nothing is stopping us stringing a few wins together other than our own consistency.

Where did I say if we don't bring anyone in we aren't bothered with this season? I'm referring to the forget the play offs comment when we are a whole 6 points off. I'm just so amazed by so many people saying how happy they are with what we have when I believe you should always look to improve.

TobyWanKenobi

I'm curious as to who these loan signing are that peope think will take us from being just off the playoffs as we are, to apparently top of the world.

It looks very much like we will be ahead of where we finished last season. Anyone would think that is a bad thing...

Of course if someone becomes available then go for it, should always be looking and seeing who is available but at the same time I'm not going to be disappointed at this stage of the season if we don't bring anyone in. We've got a full squad with plenty of options and touch wood few injury problems.

I think this is the ideal time to get the kids out there more, I'm not suggesting we start with half a team of kids and totally give up, maybe give Hoganson or Freeman a few games at left back and bring Bennett on in earlier in the second half. LB keeps getting mentioned but we could have 2 that can do a job already,

Why wait till the last few games when the season really is over.

I pay for tickets to see us "try" to win every game, I would be dissapointed to see youngsters played at this time of the season, when in theory there is still something to play for, unless they are better than the players they are replacing. The coaching staff see them in U21's, training, if they dont know if they can fill the void by now then i would be seriously worried.

We will just have to disagree on this, because I want to see players out there that are the best that we have got, not just in case they maybe they can save us a few pound at the risk of losing a game.

I'm curious as to who these loan signing are that peope think will take us from being just off the playoffs as we are, to apparently top of the world.

It looks very much like we will be ahead of where we finished last season. Anyone would think that is a bad thing...

No one has said that these loan signings will take us to the top of the world just that the team an be improved upon. So clearly buxton or roberts cant be improved upon for example. Oh I forgot as long as you do better than the season before its a major achievement.

TobyWanKenobi

No one has said that these loan signings will take us to the top of the world just that the team an be improved upon. So clearly buxton or roberts cant be improved upon for example. Oh I forgot as long as you do better than the season before its a major achievement.

If you improve finishing position every season, eventually you will be at the top. Why is that point lost on some?

I notice that you mentoned no actual names to improve the side, merely mentioning one Derby player who is up for retirement soon, and one player who is not a regular starter. Congratz man.

There is room for improvement, but it is hardly urgent.

emj is right - we need to improve further. some of that is achievable through improving the performances of the players we have already. I believe we also need some better players in areas already highlighted by other posters.

that's surely every team's aim at every level isn't it?

TobyWanKenobi

that's surely every team's aim at every level isn't it?

To get temporary players to temporarily suppliment the team? Probably not.

If you improve finishing position every season, eventually you will be at the top. Why is that point lost on some?

I notice that you mentoned no actual names to improve the side, merely mentioning one Derby player who is up for retirement soon, and one player who is not a regular starter. Congratz man.

Buxton is first choice when fit. They are just to examples of the top of my head as they are the weakest two positions currently for me. Well I don't know who is available as I do not work in football or can't pick up the phone and call other managers and ask.

Because some posters dont want us to get promoted, the PL is a nasty world where once we only got a few points, and should we go up there again, the same thing might happen again.

Why should we risk bringing someone in that might improve us as a mid table championship side, we dont need to get better, we are good at home, and winning away would upset the balance, your thought are in danger of giving G-Star / AA, palpations, next thing you will be suggesting that we should be trying to get into the top 6, his world would implode. Please check what you are suggesting in future.

It's called being realistic about where we are at.

Lets be honest when have loan signings ever really done anything for us?

How about trying to bring a few more of the youngsters through instead of just bringing loans in and unsettling the squad.

Its ok taking your sly digs but try and add something to the debate like who you think needs replacing and who is available and within our financial bracket.

Since when have we improved every year ?

Your plan appears to be flawed.

I find the suggestion by some that there's no room for improvement bizarre.

Perhaps there is an assumption that there are not better players available (we simply don't know who is available).

Perhaps it's hero worship of the mid-table players we have.

Peculiar.

I've yet to see anyone say there is no room for improvement.

Loan signings unsettle a squad, would you disagree with that?

Who do you think is playing so bad that it is worth unsettling the squad for?

Will be more than happy to see loan signings come in if they are with a view to a permanent move.

Archived