Sheffield Wednesday v Derby County

Hucknall Ram

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's me birthday on Saturday so we better bloody win for once.

"Massive" 1-2 Rams

(Antonio) (Wardy x2)

We dominated them at home and really,really should have won.

I thought we dominated the first 40 minutes or so and could have been out of sight.. But once they got their equaliser, a goal out of nothing, it was all them in the second half and deservedly got the draw..

Dave Jones agrees too as does the BBC reporter..

Sheffield Wednesday manager Dave Jones:

"It's a learning curve for us and I think we were just finding out what it was all about but we know now.

"Once we got our foot on it and started to play we looked a different team and it was relentless in the second half.

"They were hanging on with everything they had and their keeper made two unbelievable saves."

It was similar to our performance away at Huddersfield... The only difference being that Sheff Wed got the equaliser whilst we didn't.. Despite not creating a host of chances, Wednesday definately bossed the 2nd half and they only needed one good chance to equalise because we had given up looking for a 3rd and just on a 2-1 lead..

I just hope now that NC realises how draws are pointless in the NPC and everytime we draw a game we're throwing away 2 points.. I'd rather see us lose chasing a winner than hang on for a draw as draws are no good to us now!

I thought we dominated the first 40 minutes or so and could have been out of sight.. But once they got their equaliser, a goal out of nothing, it was all them in the second half and deservedly got the draw..

Dave Jones agrees too as does the BBC reporter..

Sheffield Wednesday manager Dave Jones:

"It's a learning curve for us and I think we were just finding out what it was all about but we know now.

"Once we got our foot on it and started to play we looked a different team and it was relentless in the second half.

"They were hanging on with everything they had and their keeper made two unbelievable saves."

It was similar to our performance away at Huddersfield... The only difference being that Sheff Wed got the equaliser whilst we didn't.. Despite not creating a host of chances, Wednesday definately bossed the 2nd half and they only needed one good chance to equalise because we had given up looking for a 3rd and just on a 2-1 lead..

I just hope now that NC realises how draws are pointless in the NPC and everytime we draw a game we're throwing away 2 points.. I'd rather see us lose chasing a winner than hang on for a draw as draws are no good to us now!

I should have said we dominated them AT FIRST. We were really poor as soon as they scored, but we should have kept some composure and continued competing. Definitely Cloughs fault that day, I can only begin to imagine what he was saying at half time, whatever it was,it really didn't work.

I should have said we dominated them AT FIRST. We were really poor as soon as they scored, but we should have kept some composure and continued competing. Definitely Cloughs fault that day, I can only begin to imagine what he was saying at half time, whatever it was,it really didn't work.

In a way it could have been the final wake up call for NC that sitting back, especially at home, is not the correct way to play..

Since then I don't remember too many games where we've sat back protecting a lead at home..

Hope you have a good bday buddy

[size=3]scoring on his debut against [/size][url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wycombe_Wanderers_F.C.]Wycombe Wanderers[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miguel_Llera#cite_note-9][9][size=3] but also picking up a head injury which led him to wear a helmet for the next few games, similar to that of [/size][url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_F.C.]Chelsea[size=3]'s [/size][url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petr_%C4%8Cech]Petr Čech[size=3]; [/size]

His first goal for us wasn't against Wycombe. But yeah it was some kind of injury, a bad gash I think, to his head, and he's worn the helmet ever since.

I think the other "benefit" of that second half mauling was that it was clear that we needed someone up front who could take some pressure off. Enter Sammon two days later. Not everyone's cup of tea but a great man for the team.

Archived