season ticket prices

Geriatram

Fair enough but as pointed out there are approximately 600 other disabled fans. They can't be that bothered about price increases or surely the matter would have been discussed between the group and the club?

And to say that Sam Rush didn't attend their meeting last night is pretty much irrelevant knowing that prices had already been leaked.

Who said anything about Sam Rush attending or not attending? I said that there was no representation at all from Derby County, which hardly portrays them as a club who care about a significant group of their fan base. For goodness sake, stop trying to take everything I say and twist my words to misrepresent what I am actually saying. That's about 5 times now.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who said anything about Sam Rush attending or not attending? I said that there was no representation at all from Derby County, which hardly portrays them as a club who care about a significant group of their fan base. For goodness sake, stop trying to take everything I say and twist my words to misrepresent what I am actually saying. That's about 5 times now.

Ok sorry I should have said Derby County and not Sam Rush.

You chose to gloss over the rest of the post I notice.

Ok sorry I should have said Derby County and not Sam Rush.

You chose to gloss over the rest of the post I notice.

I cannot comment about any communication between the club and disabled fans' groups because I wasn't party to any discussions. Was it by letter, or was it on the renewal form? Was it only on disabled fans' forms? I don't recall seeing it on mine, but I don't choose to declare myself as disabled. Did it categorically state that disabled fans would have to pay more than double? Was it 'hidden' in the small print? Were disabled fans told that their car parking facilities would be hiked from £60 to £150?

Answer me those questions and I will give you a more measured response.

I cannot comment about any communication between the club and disabled fans' groups because I wasn't party to any discussions. Was it by letter, or was it on the renewal form? Was it only on disabled fans' forms? I don't recall seeing it on mine, but I don't choose to declare myself as disabled. Did it categorically state that disabled fans would have to pay more than double? Was it 'hidden' in the small print? Were disabled fans told that their car parking facilities would be hiked from £60 to £150?

Answer me those questions and I will give you a more measured response.

I only quoted what I read from the club website, which was also backed up by another poster on here.

Anyway, I realise I am coming across as an argumentative, heartless bar steward so I will declare myself out

To suggest that disabled season ticket holders were told 12 to 18 months ago and have been informed as things have developed is a complete and utter fabrication. If anyone can prove otherwise, please show me the meeting date, the letter or the specific communication or consultation that is being refered to. Derby County employ a Disability Liason Officer, who has informally and unofficially made reference to the subject in recent months with no specific detail, but I can assure you that no such formal communication has occurred. You would have thought a basic common decency would have been to discuss intentions in an open and honest manner. Unfortunately the first detail has been when season ticket packs dropped through the letter box.

I believe that the fact that disabled supporters are completely barred from any opportunity to purchase any of the 'New' CAT E season tickets says rather a lot about what Derby County think of disabled supporters. The more I think about it, I believe that Derby County with this act, have put back the concept of 'inclusion' and social integration of disadvantaged and disfranchised groups within our communities by 30 yrs.

It's a bit like the government shouting from the roof tops about the Paralympics and how valued disabled people are within our society, then closing down Remploy - a national Institution of protected and sheltered employment for disabled adults.

Shame on you Derby County !.

To suggest that disabled season ticket holders were told 12 to 18 months ago and have been informed as things have developed is a complete and utter fabrication. If anyone can prove otherwise, please show me the meeting date, the letter or the specific communication or consultation that is being refered to. Derby County employ a Disability Liason Officer, who has informally and unofficially made reference to the subject in recent months with no specific detail, but I can assure you that no such formal communication has occurred. You would have thought a basic common decency would have been to discuss intentions in an open and honest manner. Unfortunately the first detail has been when season ticket packs dropped through the letter box.

I believe that the fact that disabled supporters are completely barred from any opportunity to purchase any of the 'New' CAT E season tickets says rather a lot about what Derby County think of disabled supporters. The more I think about it, I believe that Derby County with this act, have put back the concept of 'inclusion' and social integration of disadvantaged and disfranchised groups within our communities by 30 yrs.

It's a bit like the government shouting from the roof tops about the Paralympics and how valued disabled people are within our society, then closing down Remploy - a national Institution of protected and sheltered employment for disabled adults.

Check your private messages, soothsayer.

At the top of the page there is a little envelope symbol.

Hi all, Regarding the season ticket price increase for disabled supporters we were all made aware this was going to happen 12 months ago so it is nothing new. However my only gripe is that my son and daughter who have Downs Syndrome are now going to have to pay the full adult rate, they are only children at heart and possibly functioning between 9 and 11 yrs of age and this will never improve. They can't go anywhere on their own due to their vulnerability. We do get a carer seat allocated to them both and we are always very well received. I appreciate I will have to pay his extra money as they do not have the funds and there is no way I would stop them both going as they would not understand the reasons. I for one will be renewing over the next few days .

the details say they wil pay their appropriate age band doesnt it?d so should be paying kids rates

0-12 in range from £50 - £175 so you should save money

i know of at least one disabled fan who was told about 12 months ago because my dad told me about it.

Hi guys at the moment it is not looking as though I am going to renew. Not for footballing reasons!!!!! I think this club are going places as and I have made that point clear on this forum.

But I am hopefully, permitting I get in, off to University.

Therefore I do not think it will be cost beneficial to get a season ticket. This would be my first season without one since forever 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Just wondered if anyone on the forum has been to University, or anything like that. Are you normally really busy on saturdays or would there be time to fit in a derby game every other week?? cheers

the details say they wil pay their appropriate age band doesnt it?d so should be paying kids rates

0-12 in range from £50 - £175 so you should save money

I think you need to read that post again, davenportram, VERY carefully.

Edit:

I see that you did. My bad.

Archived