Danny Fox

North_Stand_Ram

I severly doubt this will happen - more down to the sources than the funds.

But if true, exactly what we need. This would give us attacking threat on both sides of the pitch. Roberts has done a good job but it's probably time to look at transitioning someone in to that position.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be an awesome signing! Great left back would be a much better improvement on Roberts! Don't know why people are saying only if Brayford goes? I thought Clough wanted an 'attack minded' team, so surely that would be better having two attacking full backs? There'd be no improvement if we replace Brayford with a right back equivalent of Roberts, and then bought in Fox, especially when the Brayford-Coutts is excellent when both are on song! Fox and Jacobs would just be as equally as good!

Would cost a few bob, but still got 6 or 7 good years left in him, got a contract until 2015, but with a new Southampton manager wanting to bring in his own players, most of which will be foriegn, we may be able to sneak him for under a million, but I can't see Clough spending that sort of money on a left back.

good point abouts new saints boss. Saints full of players who've just got promoted. ideal club to raid whilst in flux. adkins had bought in lots of new players too so should be plenty to choose.

I'm scared of new left backs.

I remember coming back from Ireland, chatting to a bunch of Celtic fans who were on the same ferry and the conversation came round to our new signing, Mo Camara.

"Och, he's incredible" they said.

Never a truer word said in jest - I couldn't believe he was a footballer once I saw him.

Maybe you missed the end bit cos of the accent?

'Incredible', in the strictest sense of the word, means neither good nor bad. It means 'unbelievable' or 'not believable'. It's one of those adjectives that simply means whatever anyone wants it to mean.

'Incredible', in the strictest sense of the word, means neither good nor bad. It means 'unbelievable' or 'not believable'. It's one of those adjectives that simply means whatever anyone wants it to mean.

Really? Well thank you for the english lesson...

*walks away shaking head in bemusement*

I'm scared of new left backs.

I remember coming back from Ireland, chatting to a bunch of Celtic fans who were on the same ferry and the conversation came round to our new signing, Mo Camara.

"Och, he's incredible" they said.

Never a truer word said in jest - I couldn't believe he was a footballer once I saw him.

Here's another Celtic fans view of good ol' Mo!

[size=1]

[size=4]

So farewell then Mo Camara

Celtic's worst ever left back?

That would make you worse

Than Brian Whittaker

But you were.[/size][/size]

[size=1]

[size=4]

Hosanna, joy, rapture; we are finally rid of the hapless Mo Camara, as poor a left back as we've seen in that blighted position in recent years.[/size][/size]

[size=1]

[size=4]

It's not usual form in this column to give a departing player a bit of a kicking - even Magnus Hedman got off lightly - so we'll tone it down a bit, but with the best will in the world this guy should never have been allowed anywhere near a Celtic squad.[/size][/size]

[size=1]

[size=4]

Signed by Gordon Strachan last year (although the deal was apparently instigated by Martin O'Neill) Camara went straight into the first team for the Champions League qualifying tie in Bratislava. A legend was born.[/size][/size]

[size=1]

[size=4]

Mark opponents, tackle, read the offside line, cross the ball: a few of the attributes of a competent defender that were seemingly beyond Mo's capabilities.[/size][/size]

[size=1]

[size=4]

In his first league home game against Dundee United he overlapped down the wing and ran the ball straight out of play twice in the first half. We literally hadn't seen anything like it for years.[/size][/size]

[size=1]

[size=4]

Defensively he was a calling card to the opposition to come and have a go down his flank; marking was a task carried out at about four yards distance in Mo's coaching manual while tackling is only something that correctly positioned defenders have to worry about, so there was no need for Mo to worry about that.[/size][/size]

[size=1]

[size=4]

His sympathisers pointed to his debut at Ibrox as evidence that he wasn't completely useless and while none of their goals came through him the idea that he had coped admirably didn't hold up to any kind of examination - he was still more of a liability than an asset.[/size][/size]

[size=1]

[size=4]

The fact that he was part of a Celtic team that locked Rangers out twice is hugely amusing. The fact That he now has an SPL medal on his wall is kind of depressing.[/size][/size]

[size=1]

[size=4]

He never scored for Celtic and never even came close. He set up a few goals, but will sadly be remembered, if at all, more for breaking down many a promising Celtic move.[/size][/size]

[size=1]

[size=4]

My heart felt thanks to Derby for taking him.[/size][/size]

[size=1]

[size=4]

AB MURDOCH[/size][/size]

[size=1]

[size=4]

Isn't there a crazy stat about him that we never lost a game he played in?[/size][/size]

Really? Well thank you for the english lesson...

*walks away shaking head in bemusement*

Sometimes words have many meanings, and sometimes their meaning evolves over time through usage.

I don't see this happening.

But.

Please let it be true, please let it be true, please let it be true,......

Loan with a view to him being our annual £Barker type fee signing in the summer. KEEP Brayford and have a pair of attacking full backs. Balance and everything, attacking threat from both wings. MWHAHAHAHhahahahah. I need my medication now nurse.

Why do people get excited over stories like these. Danny Fox is absolute dog *****.

He's a proven championship player in what is commonly agreed to be one of our weaker positions. Who would get you excited where there's a shred of a chance of it actually happening?

I'd guess Fox will be on a very decent wage. Look at his clubs. Celtic to Burnley (who signed him while they were in the PL) and then a move to Southampton. He's made over 100apps for Burnley and Saints....

The transfer fees would also perhaps suggest he's been in demand?

I very much doubt we would be willing to pay him two thirds of what he's earning right now.

He isn't on 4-10k is he?

Archived