Will Grigg

inter politics

Can someone clarify for me:

Because he is out of contract in the summer we can sign a pre contract agreement when there are 3 months left on his contract?

I am not sure on the ruling. I heard that if there is a foreign player you can sign a pre contract with 6 months on their contract remaining and then if they are british you have to wait til 3 months??

No... I'm pretty sure they changed the rules over last summer (or maybe just before then?)... You can't make an approach until the end of the players season now...

Dave Martin was alright, we just bought him then immediately stopped using wingers

I feel a bit bad that he'd fit quite nicely into our formation now...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[size=3]"With six months or less remaining on an existing contract for players aged 23 or older, they are free to negotiate with other clubs and sign a pre-contract agreement, indicating their ability to move to their intended club on a [/size][url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosman_ruling]Bosman[size=3] transfer once the next transfer window opens."[/size]

[size=3]Taken from the Oracle that is Wikipedia.[/size]

[size=3]Will Grigg is 21 so compensation would be required. Basically exactly the same as the Jacobs deal from Northampton. [/size]

[size=3]"With six months or less remaining on an existing contract for players aged 23 or older, they are free to negotiate with other clubs and sign a pre-contract agreement, indicating their ability to move to their intended club on a [/size][url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosman_ruling]Bosman[size=3] transfer once the next transfer window opens."[/size]

[size=3]Taken from the Oracle that is Wikipedia.[/size]

[size=3]Will Grigg is 21 so compensation would be required. Basically exactly the same as the Jacobs deal from Northampton. [/size]

Yeh, that still applies to players from other countries, but I have a feeling that the FA put something in to stop clubs doing it within the English game...

I reckon Albert would know...

• 5 months later...

Archived