time for roberts to go?

shannonjade

Roberts is absolutely fine, people get taken in by the fact he looks nothing like a proffesional footballer.

He was awful yesterday but he's been as good defensively as any of our back four and when he was injured, we really missed him.

One of the reasons I don't rate Tom Ince is that he really couldn't work out how to deal with Roberts. He ended up switching wings with Matt Philips.

His main weakness isn't his pace, as he has worked around it and gets by. It's his complete lack of attacking threat that lets us down on that side.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But Keogh and OB went for the same ball and neither got a decent header on it despite Cox not even challenging.

I can't remember the build up but I'd guess OB was either the wrong side of Cox or OB would of been fine if Keogh hadn't of abandoned the centre of the goal and gone to challenge OB.

It was really down to those two. The cross should of been dealt with.

But Keogh and OB went for the same ball and neither got a decent header on it despite Cox not even challenging.

I can't remember the build up but I'd guess OB was either the wrong side of Cox or OB would of been fine if Keogh hadn't of abandoned the centre of the goal and gone to challenge OB.

It was really down to those two. The cross should of been dealt with.

Should have. Knabby Crackers will be furious.

So what are you saying? Was he at fault or not? Is he **** or steady enough? Make your mind up.

My mind is made up.

Imo Roberts is pretty ****, BUT steady ENOUGH for this level/the level we are aiming for (midtable championship).

I consider the championship to be a pretty poor league. I also consider Roberts to be worse than the average championship defender. Thus I think he's 'pretty ****'.

He will put the effort in, has 15 years experience, and can clear a ball. Thus I think he is 'steady enough'.

Along with O'Brien he's the weakest player in our team, and our team is average at best.

Archived