Stefan Galinski

Bristol Ram

He was at Corby for about 3 months I think. He seems to have done well there, but seems like he is not in Clough's plans. Seems like he disappointed in the Pre season friendlies last summer, because he got completely overlooked in the U21 league this season. He was not included in the last U21 squad teamsheet when Derby played I think Sheffield Wednesday U21s at the end of December, even though he had finished his loan.

He might be heading back to Corby on loan.

[url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Galinski-open-loan-spell-Corby/story-17565392-detail/story.html]http://www.thisisder...tail/story.html

"With the loan window being shut until January 1, it means I can't go anywhere," he said. "I will have a month of not doing much and that is disappointing because the Christmas period is a busy time and I wanted to be part of that with Corby.

"If I am going to go anywhere in January, I need to keep myself fit and that is what I will be doing.

"I think the chances of me coming back to Corby are good. The gaffer has already been in contact with Derby.

"Hopefully, we can put something in place for January."

Thanks for that,Stimacked.As an exile,I really appreciate your input on our youngsters.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gone - contract cancelled

[url=http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/duos-contracts-cancelled-589098.aspx]http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/duos-contracts-cancelled-589098.aspx

Galinski & Richards move on to pastures new.

Derby County have cancelled the contract of central defender Stefan Galinski and attacker Kane Richards by mutual agreement.

The Academy graduates, who signed professional terms last summer, were due to be out of contract at the end of the season – but an agreement has been reached to cancel their deals early.

Galinski, the Rams’ former youth team captain, failed to make a first-team appearance for the Club and spent three months on loan at Blue Square North side Corby Town earlier in the campaign – while forward Richards spent time on loan at Matlock Town earlier this season and also failed to make a first-team outing.

Derby County would like to take the opportunity to wish Stefan and Kane well in their future careers.

Both 19 years old and both haen't been close to a start for the first team, with Keogh, O'Brien, Gjokaj, Lelan and then Buxton and Barker in front of Galanski (who IMO wasn't a great player anyway) it's no surprise they've gone.

Good luck to them for the future

Kane Richards I thought was decent, i'm sure he'll find a good club. I can see Galinski playing below conference level if I am being honest.

Bit harsh, both are quality players, hence Clough and the management saw something in both if these, but I don't know 100% but I have heard rumours that this Galinski will be at a similar sized club to us? Don't know what truth there is in this however but All the best to the lad because he seemed a real hardworking lad and same goes to Richards, even though I've heard nothing of him as to where he may go? Like I said I hope they both don't fall into non-league. Shame if that was to happen.

Bit harsh, both are quality players, hence Clough and the management saw something in both if these, but I don't know 100% but I have heard rumours that this Galinski will be at a similar sized club to us? Don't know what truth there is in this however but All the best to the lad because he seemed a real hardworking lad and same goes to Richards, even though I've heard nothing of him as to where he may go? Like I said I hope they both don't fall into non-league. Shame if that was to happen.

Watched Galinksi a few times and thought he was very poor, Lelan not much better (if better) Dylan Hayes is also quite poor, as are a few other defenders in the youth team - no point in covering up for players who are never going to make the grade.

I am surprised at Richards, he certainly looked one of our more talented young players - thought he was edging ahead of Kwame who seems to have dropped off, guess we'll see.

we signed Gjokaj, Hoganson, Freeman, Naylor...etc because the management knew we were weak in that area.

I don't think he is a fan because that's who I've heard he's off? U21's maybe? Clough clearly saw something in him, just not maybe flourished like they may of hoped.

Ambitious, do you really think he's that bad? To be fair he can't be if Cloughs judgement was to give him a professional deal? Just probably not lived up to it yet, doesn't say he might not elsewhere.

I don't think he is a fan because that's who I've heard he's off? U21's maybe? Clough clearly saw something in him, just not maybe flourished like they may of hoped.

Ambitious, do you really think he's that bad? To be fair he can't be if Cloughs judgement was to give him a professional deal? Just probably not lived up to it yet, doesn't say he might not elsewhere.

He is a Sheffield Wednesday fan, so that's why he follows them. He does have ability and is a good player, but just didnt get given a proper chance at Derby.

Well, it hasn't worked out for these guys at DC, thems the unlucky breaks life chucks at you. Wish them both the best of luck whichever club they go to.

So he goes to a prems youth side and we get 0 compensation and terminate his contract? Surely its a trial?

All the best to him, rated this lad and heard lovely things about him. Ones clubs loss is another ones gain I guess. Shame we couldn't of had got money though if he has signed there

@Galinski1993: Carn't wait for tomorrow nights big game against Norwich ! #debut #potters

Stoke U21's

Think Nigel got rid of him for poor spelling...

So he goes to a prems youth side and we get 0 compensation and terminate his contract? Surely its a trial?

Prem teams have more room to do this... they can take on 15 young defenders and hope 1 is good... and they don't have them knocking on the door demanding first team football til they're 21/22... whereas we probably have half the number of young defenders and with our policy of playing youngsters they'll be knocking on the door at 18...

That a guy who isn't good enough for our u-21s side goes straight into the stoke u-21s side shows our youth academy has some exciting prospects...

And I've always respected the way Nigel tires to help out the players not in his plans... Could have left him kicking his heels on the u-21s bench all season and instead Nigel's been honest, said he's not gonna get games, and let the guy go find a new club...

I've watched him, thought he was poor - just because his gone to stoke doesn't change his ability just means they've heard a young player is looking for a club and took him on.

If he ever plays for Stoke I'll eat my own **** on national TV and let the queen give me head for desert. As I said, perhaps if he applies himself and works hard then he'll play in league 2 one day but he just doesn't have that much ability IMO

Archived