Sarah Milligan

Boycie

Apparently there is something called the "Black Comedy Awards" and Gina Yashere won it...f**king hilarious. I almost have to put a cushion to my face if a female comedian walks on, its often too painful to watch. I swear there must be a North Korea style audience selection when we see the crowd shots of blokes howling with their partners, it just doesn't make any sense...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Victoria Wood and Sandi Togsvig are the only exceptions I can think of in the comedy stakes. However, there's a fair few crap male comedians earning a good living right now. Manford, Bishop and Whitehall heading the list.

Don't forget McIntyre.

McIntyre is indeed a phony. Like Russell Howard he tells stories about life episodes which reek of insincerity. For some reason this appeals to his (mainly female) audience. He tells girls jokes and so should be counted as a female comedian.

Apparently there is something called the "Black Comedy Awards" and Gina Yashere won it...f**king hilarious. I almost have to put a cushion to my face if a female comedian walks on, its often too painful to watch. I swear there must be a North Korea style audience selection when we see the crowd shots of blokes howling with their partners, it just doesn't make any sense...

You're half right, they do get the crowd to applaud as loudly as possible at random intervals on many TV shows. Probably the most entertaining aspect of the show for some people?

Victoria Wood and Sandi Togsvig are the only exceptions I can think of in the comedy stakes. However, there's a fair few crap male comedians earning a good living right now. Manford, Bishop and Whitehall heading the list.

Sandi Togsvig is very funny imo, I should have made the exception. I really like her on QI, I think she is up there with Fry in the intelligence stakes, hang on her every word I do.

Then there's that Indian woman and Nigerian woman who keep telling jokes based on racial stereotypes. Yes, you're from Nigeria...... Welcome to England??

Write new material ffs! Lenny Henry did it years ago and is probably in Butlins doing it to an empty room now.

Miranda Hart(?) is on everything! I blame Lee Mack and Take Me Out for her

I'm not a fan of comedians who's only joke is to play on the fact they're from somewhere people from London think is ghastly,

John Bishop is the worst.

Jimmy Carr, Sean Lock and Richard Ayoade are the best comedians working in Britain today.

I have time for Mitchell and Webb too.

I'm not a fan of comedians who's only joke is to play on the fact they're from somewhere people from London think is ghastly,

John Bishop is the worst.

Jimmy Carr, Sean Lock and Richard Ayoade are the best comedians working in Britain today.

I have time for Mitchell and Webb too.

Have to agree with Richard Ayoade. Did you see him presenting Never Mind The Buzzcocks? Absolutely hilarious stuff.

Archived