Derby County v Tranmere Rovers

Day

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was just getting it in there nice and early just in case, don't want to come across a sore loser if we win.

And I went for a defeat because we always under estimate lower league clubs in the club, Tranmere will be no push overs

Tranmere are top of their league and won't want to give this up without a scrap. I remember the Crewe match.

Will be interesting to see how Clough sets the team up. No doubt we'll go all out to win, as we're at home, but will he stick with the same side that turned Boro over, or will Ward, Bryson and Roberts (assuming they're all fit) go straight back into the side?

Personally, I'd stick with yesterday's side and go for it.

3-1 is my prediction. We'll go 3-0 up with goals from Sammon, Jacobs and Hughes, before Clough gives the young lads a go, bringing Hoganson, Doyle and Gjokaj on for the remainder and moving Freeman up the pitch. Their goal will be a Gjokaj OG, nothing personal against the lad, but I haven't predicted an own goal yet, so there 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> . Let's just say an inswinging corner that'll deflect off his shin.

Perhaps, anyway. Should be a decent game, and a good chance to get into the next round!

Will be good to see a Tranmere side so far looking destined for promotion, they will be looking to see if they can match us in preparation for next season.

However I wouldn't bet against us at home.. away would be a different story and wouldn't fancy us if it went to a replay.

3-1 Derby, Tyson, Hughes and Keogh. Max Power for them.

4-2 Derby.

I'd be tempted to rest Sammon, and give Theo some game time. Otherwise, I'd be tempted to leave it all well alone. Ward, Bryson, Roberts and anyone else with a knock can have the afternoon off. Be nice to win a cup game for change.

I'm going to suggest a hard-fought 2-1 victory for Derby.

And seeing as I've just worked out what 'FGS' stands for, I'll suggest FGS will be some Tranmere bloke and we fight our way back into it.

I honestly had a different interpretation on what 'FGS' meant, especially in conjunction with Theo. There's a bloke in the North Stand just in front of me who's always shouting "For God's Sake, Robinson..."

6-0 Derby, easy.

Doyle and Bennet up front, Hughes and Bryson restedFreeman LB O'Connor CB. Hopefully a couple of youngsters play.

Clough wants a cup run so i doubt there'll be many changes, he should rest Hughes though.

Can imagine the team being something like:

Legzdins

Brayford

Keogh

O'Brien

Freeman

Coutts

Hendrick

Hughes/Bryson if fit - think Hughes needs a rest

Bavies

Sammon

Jacobs

Bench

Fielding + lots of kids

Thats our first choice eleven at the moment. Do you not think he will freshen it up? At least give likes of Fielding and O'Connor a go. If not Tyson/Theo as well.

Archived