Whats your thoughts on Sam Rush?

Derby born & bred

No you don't speak for me which is why it would be better to say that it is yourself that is angry with the investors/board, rather than saying it is 'Derby fans' in general.

Without turning this into another financial thread, I challenge you to name anyone else out there that has the £40 to £50 million available to match the funds that the investors have spent on acquiring and running the club.

Back to topic, I hope Rush isn't given a hard time and our fans understand that he is a paid employee of the club who will be working to guidelines from a level above him.

Just goto Forbes g star, type in billionaires and you will find many people with that money.

I guess your question was more along with that money willing to invest, but I don't see this revelent either, if the owners gave the club today to someone with 20 m to invest, would we not be better off?

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just goto Forbes g star, type in billionaires and you will find many people with that money.

I guess your question was more along with that money willing to invest, but I don't see this revelent either, if the owners gave the club today to someone with 20 m to invest, would we not be better off?

Well I'm guessing the owners would at least want their money back, so are we not looking for someone with circa £70 million to throw at a club?

My original point was made about the comment of Derby fans not liking a long term plan and lack of investment.

Well there are some figures of what may be required to give the Derby fans what they want and I haven't yet heard of a big queue of people forming with the £70 million ready and waiting!

I'd say.....agents are almost universally loathed as parasitic hangers on who have driven up the cost of player wages and almost bankrupted the game whilst dealing in back handers and brown envelopes.......why should we trust you with the keys to the safe?

Back to topic again.

I would like to ask does the board have a rigid strategy? If so, what is it? Or is it a flexible strategy depending on how the football side of things are going.

I would also like to ask what the end game is for the investors? Would they sell us at a certain price or do they want to get us to the Premier League with the intention of making us a profitable business?

I would also like to ask what process is undertaken for valuing players both incoming and outgoing.

Well I'm guessing the owners would at least want their money back, so are we not looking for someone with circa £70 million to throw at a club?

My original point was made about the comment of Derby fans not liking a long term plan and lack of investment.

Well there are some figures of what may be required to give the Derby fans what they want and I haven't yet heard of a big queue of people forming with the £70 million ready and waiting!

Strange u are quick to pull people up for quoting the majority of derby fans, yet u are happy to guess what the owners want, of course I take it back if u know and have spoken to them :-)

Strange u are quick to pull people up for quoting the majority of derby fans, yet u are happy to guess what the owners want, of course I take it back if u know and have spoken to them :-)

Just an educated guess following them allegedly turning down an offer from PG already.

Plus there is a bit of a difference between speaking for 5 or 6 people, rather than 30 or 40 thousand, especially when it is clear that opinion is split.

Just an educated guess following them allegedly turning down an offer from PG already.

Plus there is a bit of a difference between speaking for 5 or 6 people, rather than 30 or 40 thousand, especially when it is clear that opinion is split.

Well I thought the board denied ever having the bid, plus I don't think any figures were quoted, so as many assumptions as talking about all derby fans.

I so agree that no one would buy us though if they want all their money back, not that anyone is interested just that it would not make any sense to pay a higher figure than what was paid in the first instance for a club that is not worth anywhere near that figure

Well I thought the board denied ever having the bid, plus I don't think any figures were quoted, so as many assumptions as talking about all derby fans.

I so agree that no one would buy us though if they want all their money back, not that anyone is interested just that it would not make any sense to pay a higher figure than what was paid in the first instance for a club that is not worth anywhere near that figure

Not really. Assuming that investors don't want to lose money is common sense. Speaking on behalf of thousands of people who you know don't all share the same view isn't.

All depends what value you put on the ground as to what the club is worth

No you don't speak for me which is why it would be better to say that it is yourself that is angry with the investors/board, rather than saying it is 'Derby fans' in general.

Without turning this into another financial thread, I challenge you to name anyone else out there that has the £40 to £50 million available to match the funds that the investors have spent on acquiring and running the club.

Back to topic, I hope Rush isn't given a hard time and our fans understand that he is a paid employee of the club who will be working to guidelines from a level above him.

I never said "Derby fans in general" I said I speak to hundreds of Derby fans every week and they all have the same opinion, they dont see where GSE or the owners are taking us and dont know why they are still here.

YOU CHALLENGE ME!!! oh dear please stop that, your not making yourself look very good on here with stupid "I CHALLENGE YOU threats are you?????

I would like to think(i dont know) but would think there is plenty of businesses/companies in the U.K. and around the world who would look at Derby County as a sound investment if run correctly and not by people who only know about football the American way.

Yes back on topic think thats a good idea.

Well, I think promotion will scare the hell out of our owners and they will then be prepared to sell us on for a profit.

That will leave us in limbo again, and we will again suffer.

I have thought this for a long time and this is why i think they are happy with us hovering about mid table Championship and would **** their pants if we made it into the Prem. How do you know we will be left in limbo? we might actually get a Wigan type owner who sees the potential in the club, you never know mate.

Not really. Assuming that investors don't want to lose money is common sense. Speaking on behalf of thousands of people who you know don't all share the same view isn't.

All depends what value you put on the ground as to what the club is worth

Who are you talking on behalf off then mate???? becasue you come across like you represent all the derby fans with your opinions, were as i have said i speak to lots every week who all have the same opinion and thats where are we going with this GSE and the owners.

Apparently PG did make the bid, but could not find all the owners who had shares in DCFC as it split up like a Italian Pizza...joking apart he tried to contact all the owners but they were scattered all over the world and of course we know what Glick & Apleby said as they did not want to sell when they were and still are getting a nice wage for running our Championship club after 5 yrs now.

I think he knows damn well what he has let himself into and think there could be stormy clouds ahead.

As for the comment about dont speak as if your talking about every Derby fan in their thousands, well I understand I probably dont speak for you my freind, but the hundreds of Derby fans I speak to week in week out all have the same opinion and anger towards the board and the owners with lack of investment and lack of ambition to take the club forward. Sorry if this is not your opinion,but I dont speak for you do i?

Do you work at PP then? I'm just wondering how come you get to speak to hundreds of fans every week?

and I don't mean to be rude by not adressing you by name, but typing out the full bit is a tad much and abbreviating it to DB&B to me says Dinner, Bed & Breakfast. Sorry 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Apparently PG did make the bid, but could not find all the owners who had shares in DCFC as it split up like a Italian Pizza...joking apart he tried to contact all the owners but they were scattered all over the world and of course we know what Glick & Apleby said as they did not want to sell when they were and still are getting a nice wage for running our Championship club after 5 yrs now.

appleby and couldnt decide on their own not to sell they are/were only 2 people with shares. Not still confusing GSE with our owners?

Who are you talking on behalf off then mate???? becasue you come across like you represent all the derby fans with your opinions, were as i have said i speak to lots every week who all have the same opinion and thats where are we going with this GSE and the owners.

really? Dont recall any hint of "derby fans think..." in his posts. I read it as heres what I think/assume,

Archived