Williams should be banned for several matches.

ramblur

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm stunned people think that was intentional! To have the nerve to do something like that you'd have to be a real filthy player. Joey Barton wouldn't even do that.

Just how close to RVP was he? That ball would have sailed up in to the air if his head wasn't in the way. Don't get me wrong, Williams wasn't thinking sensibly, but do you think sensibly an hour in to a heated game like that?

I'm stunned you think it wasn't intentional but that's why we love football, differing opions and all that.

Compliments of the season to you anyway, always enjoy reading your contribution. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Actually, stunned is a bit strong, don't want people thinking I'm reading an internet forum and dribbling my coffee onto the keyboard. I actually just mildly disagree.

Just think it's a pretty serious accusation to make and we always see players boot the ball just after the ref blew the whistle. It was irresponsible but I'm far from sure he meant it and I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, especially seeing as he's not a dirty player...it just doesn't fit in with his character and would be pretty strange for him to suddenly do that.

But yaaay it's christmas, and we're all alive, me included despite once taking a blow of the football to the head, and I wish you a merry Christmas too and look forward to your contributions in the new year 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I'm stunned people think that was intentional! To have the nerve to do something like that you'd have to be a real filthy player. Joey Barton wouldn't even do that.

Just how close to RVP was he? That ball would have sailed up in to the air if his head wasn't in the way. Don't get me wrong, Williams wasn't thinking sensibly, but do you think sensibly an hour in to a heated game like that?

Bunny,Bunny,I was going to let it go until I read this.When I saw the incident for a second time,the first thing I looked at was how Williams addressed the ball.If he had been an attacker facing goal,he would have been hitting that ball low into the net (in the case of the incident,in such a way as to avoid missing RVP's head).I've seen some remarkable free kicks,but I've yet to see one that travels just above the deck,and then suddenly takes off like a jump jet (which seems to be what you're suggesting would have happened in the absence of 'the head'.).

I've a feeling this has resolved down (for some,probably not you) into how much posters dislike SAF/United/RVP.I don't like the first 2 one bit,but it doesn't stop me assessing the incident purely on its merits.

Bunny,Bunny,I was going to let it go until I read this.When I saw the incident for a second time,the first thing I looked at was how Williams addressed the ball.If he had been an attacker facing goal,he would have been hitting that ball low into the net (in the case of the incident,in such a way as to avoid missing RVP's head).I've seen some remarkable free kicks,but I've yet to see one that travels just above the deck,and then suddenly takes off like a jump jet (which seems to be what you're suggesting would have happened in the absence of 'the head'.).

I've a feeling this has resolved down (for some,probably not you) into how much posters dislike SAF/United/RVP.I don't like the first 2 one bit,but it doesn't stop me assessing the incident purely on its merits.

In slow motion it looks intentional but it happened to fast in real life, I don't think much of it. To me, the ball looks like it's heading up, well it did at the time anyway when I first saw it.

I do hope it will be looked in to by people who have more of an idea about it than anyone on here, but for now I like to give the benefit of the doubt to Williams and also RVP, because his reaction was understandable. I'm also not too keen on getting a football whacked at my head.

What doesn't help is Sir Alex's over-the-top comments which have blown the incident out of all proportion. The worst Van Persie was ever going to get from that was mild concussion or a bit of a saw neck.

It also seems very strange to me that a player like Williams would suddenly decide to do something that drastic at that time in the match when it was so out of character - he had few motives to actually do it, which must be one of the first things to look for.

In slow motion it looks intentional but it happened to fast in real life, I don't think much of it. To me, the ball looks like it's heading up, well it did at the time anyway when I first saw it.

I do hope it will be looked in to by people who have more of an idea about it than anyone on here, but for now I like to give the benefit of the doubt to Williams and also RVP, because his reaction was understandable. I'm also not too keen on getting a football whacked at my head.

What doesn't help is Sir Alex's over-the-top comments which have blown the incident out of all proportion. The worst Van Persie was ever going to get from that was mild concussion or a bit of a saw neck.

It also seems very strange to me that a player like Williams would suddenly decide to do something that drastic at that time in the match when it was so out of character - he had few motives to actually do it, which must be one of the first things to look for.

Perhaps he really dislikes RVP! He was very lucky his head was in the position it was-that ball was hit with tremendous force and it was lucky his neck wasn't damaged.I was hit on the forehead whilst a teenager,and I can assure you concussion is no fun.I got no attention and carried on afternoon lessons,feeling dreadfull.It got worse later that evening.

Archived