Red dog game-fingers crossed this time!

MuespachRam

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll come and help clear the snow - I'm not going to the match - I get too nervous and don't enjoy it (sad aren't I!!)

I'll then bury myself in the snow,until the final whistle.

we will be arriving in Derby at 22:00 on Friday..... if there is any snow I am going to clear it all myself!!!

Are you getting from Manchester to Derby via train? That might be ok, but if you've got a coach or something, you might want to make a couple of detour plans just in case Woodhead Pass and the M62 are shut?

Are you getting from Manchester to Derby via train? That might be ok, but if you've got a coach or something, you might want to make a couple of detour plans just in case Woodhead Pass and the M62 are shut?

We have got a coach booked from Manchester to Derby.... I have just been speaking with them, they are still hopefull....

seriously....this cannot be happening again....

If Woodhead's shut, maybe you could go via Stockport, get on the A6 and come down via Leek & Ashbourne? Watch out though, it gets a bit icy down there. Don't fret too much, they know it's coming, so will be ready for it.

Plus, I know Derby council have got new cameras everywhere monitoring road conditions and they tell them when to put the grit down, so I'd guess PP will be a main focus point.

The paths around the stadium are OK at the moment, although the A52 footbridges are a bit dodgy in places (I cycle over one most days).

If Woodhead's shut, maybe you could go via Stockport, get on the A6 and come down via Leek & Ashbourne? Watch out though, it gets a bit icy down there. Don't fret too much, they know it's coming, so will be ready for it.

Plus, I know Derby council have got new cameras everywhere monitoring road conditions and they tell them when to put the grit down, so I'd guess PP will be a main focus point.

You think that makes a difference??????

Stockport and A6 will take you to Buxton - avoid that if possible.

Also I would avoid Leek and Asbourne.

Best route (and quickest) will probably be M6 to Stoke then A50.

Three days of snow forcast for Thursday, Friday and Saturday - heavy on Friday.

I think they will postpone it if by Friday lunchtime things are looking dicey. I seem to remember TG confirming that it was going ahead on the morning of the game, only to announce the postponement a few hours later. That was silly - far better to err on the side of caution and call it off with 24 hours to go.

The main problem last year was that there was a slow reaction to the snow from the council, this year they have been vastly improved.

I cant see this game being called off. (Famous last words)

Vastly improved with a massive budget cut? Impressive management if that's true.

The paths around the stadium are OK at the moment, although the A52 footbridges are a bit dodgy in places (I cycle over one most days).

Just trying to suggest alternate routes that's all, jeez.

we always used either A6 through Buxton or A52 through Leek and Ashbourne when we lived in Stockport - even in bad weather - and they were always clear and most people used M6 so little traffic.

Surprisingly quicker than M6 too compared to the one time we used it

Archived