Derby v Leeds

mjmck

Hi folks,

Im over from Ireland for my first game in years, first at Pride Park anyway.

Where is good for a pre match pint ?

also, where is good for post match pint ?

any current chants greatfully accepted also.

Tks,

Bomber

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby town centre, there are no pubs in the industrial estate

You're right, there's only The Harvester, Hungry Horse, Frankie & Bennies & the bar at Power Soccer. But none of these admit away fans, especially meat headed Red Dogs so I can understand the confusion...

MJ - Best to drink in town as Dawny says due to the above mentioned places being rammed (geddit!!!) before kick off

cheers guys !

any good chants at the mo ?

presumably there will be some centred on Leeds ?

Against Leeds you usually get;

Dambusters, with the "we all fookin hate Leeds!!" finale.

"we all hate Leeds scum" repeat until they get fed up of singing "We all love Leeds"

"I hate nottingham forest, I hate Leicester too, They're ****!!! I hate Leeds Uniiiiited, but Derby I love you!!"

"you dirty yorkshire b*****ds" repeat.

"your not famous

Your not famous

Your not famous any more"

You get those constantly throughout the game. Then you might get a couple of others but they aren't frequent like 'in your Yorkshire slums' etc.

All pretty easy going. You won't be stood there wondering what the words are. The usual pro Derby stuff is simple.

Hope enjoy it.

But don't leave thinking Pride Park is noisy every week lol.

You're right, there's only The Harvester, Hungry Horse, Frankie & Bennies & the bar at Power Soccer. But none of these admit away fans, especially meat headed Red Dogs so I can understand the confusion...

MJ - Best to drink in town as Dawny says due to the above mentioned places being rammed (geddit!!!) before kick off

You call those pubs? Blasphemy!!!

There are some fantastic pubs in the city centre. The Brunswick Inn is one I love to go to and I hear good things of the Brewery Tap, which is on this season's Bucket List.

So basically three restaurants and .. I dont know what Power Soccer is

You call those pubs? Blasphemy!!!

There are some fantastic pubs in the city centre. The Brunswick Inn is one I love to go to and I hear good things of the Brewery Tap, which is on this season's Bucket List.

They serve booze so that's close enough for me. Judging by your selection your a bit more erm 'old school' shall we say ;-)

Is the atmosphere recognizably much better in the Derby v Leeds game? Always knew it was a derby, but is it much different?

It's about the same as the end of the 2-2 draw against you guys 3 years or so ago.

It's as good as a game could be when

a) not an occasion

b.) not a traditional rivalry (they don't really give a toss about us)

I love it.

It's about the same as the end of the 2-2 draw against you guys 3 years or so ago.

It's as good as a game could be when

a) not an occasion

b.) not a traditional rivalry (they don't really give a toss about us)

I love it.

Going mad thinking we somehow got 3 points against the team that broke my heart 6-7 years ago then turning around and seeing DJ Campbell wasn't fun.

Thanks anyway. Not sure if I'm going to go, cause I can't get to the Forest game. :/

Hardly a 'derby'..but we have 'history', with the dirty, seat throwing ****s

Haha, similar to every team against Leeds then 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

So basically three restaurants and .. I dont know what Power Soccer is

Not sure what the point is here dawnie. There are 4 or 5 pub/restaurants within a 5 minute walk of the ground. they all let footie fans in on match days and make their money the rest of the time from food sales.

10 to 15 minute walk finds 7 or 8 pubs round the train station area, and a 20 minute walk takes you into beer heaven. Derby city centre, recognised nationally as the best city for real ale in the country.

A lot of away fans enjoy their trips to Derby, I suppose I can understand why the Gumps don't though...

Archived