Derby County v Birmingham City

CumbrianRam

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sammon was f*cking awful, i'll give him credit for his second goal though cos that was a good finish.

Good win, 2 poor sides, should have been far more comfortable cos they were useless.

It was a scuffed finish.. He completely miss hit it..

The last 2 goals in the game were nice goals.. The 3 before that were all poor and easily avoidable..

I agree with the 2 poor sides.. Roberts, Hughes and Bryson played well.. Tyson when he came on looked lively..

Coutts was dire and kept giving the ball away and breaking down our attacks.. Sammon was poor with the ball at his feet, Theo couldn't hit a barn door and our CBs looked shakey in the 2nd half.. Keogh IMO was poor.

Legolas looks like a star.

Also at the start in the second half there was an 8 minute period 47-55 where both teams didn't string together more than 4 passes.. It was constant hoof and the goalkeepers had more touches than any of the outfield players..

I finally saw Legs bowl the ball out.. He rolled it to Brayford, Brayford then passed it back to Legs and then Hoooooooooooooooof... Is this the so called decent passing football people were talking about?

2 excellent passes by Hughes and Jacobs for our 3rd goal.. Tyson actually took that away from Sammon who was just behind him.. He could have easily been our first hat-trick scorer in years

Thank feck!

Absolutely domiated the first half and should really have been out of sight, despite not having many clear cut chances.

Thought Sammon worked really hard and brought Brayford and Coutts in to it well in the first half, lots of running at defenders. First was a gimme but took the second well - hope this is the start of something for him.

The right side of the pitch is the strongest part of our squad in my opinion. Coutts and Brayford link up so well together and Brayford seems to know when to overlap and when to let Coutts bomb on. I rate Coutts highly from what I've seen so far, he was giving the ball away far too much when he first joined but he seems careful with the ball now, and will hold off making a pass until he's sure it's right.

Buxton was slack for the Lovenkrands header, he's great in the air but his positional sense is badly lacking. Perhaps bringing O'Brien in is a sign that he might come back in the starting 11 when he's fit and has games under his belt. Thought Roberts played okay today but it's clear competition is needed at left back, he looks exhausted.

Good win against a decent team who I think will end up in the top half. Probably most importantly it was good to stop the rot and avoid going on our annual losing streak.

Christ sticky bum bum time second half...... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' /> but we looked as though we could score at will 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />

Unless it went to Theo poor sod had a nightmare of a game 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

It was a scuffed finish.. He completely miss hit it..

The last 2 goals in the game were nice goals.. The 3 before that were all poor and easily avoidable..

I agree with the 2 poor sides.. Roberts, Hughes and Bryson played well.. Tyson when he came on looked lively..

Coutts was dire and kept giving the ball away and breaking down our attacks.. Sammon was poor with the ball at his feet, Theo couldn't hit a barn door and our CBs looked shakey in the 2nd half.. Keogh IMO was poor.

Legolas looks like a star.

I thought Jacobs played well.

I dont know what stars look like.

Archived