Celtic Beat Barca in Champions League

Curtains

You can't congratulate a club on a fantastic win due to a banner that was raised in 2010 by one corner by a small section of fans that can't even spell? The banner which angered and embarrassed not only the club, manager and a large section of fans....

[url=http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/showthread.php?t=92295]http://www.talkcelti...ead.php?t=92295

The same small section of fans that the club and police are trying to remove from Celtic Park by arresting them and banning them on a regular basis...

[url=http://ultras-celtic.com/blog/?p=3659]http://ultras-celtic.com/blog/?p=3659

I'm also guessing every Liverpool fan is a murderer after Heysel, every Liverpool fan goes nicking wheels of cars wearing shell suits with a moustache so we must not congratulate them on any victory either.

I'm guessing every Man City fan sings about Munich.

I'm guessing all Forest fans spit, throw coins and have sex with their sisters.

I'm guessing all Derby fans sang about the death of Nigel Doughty.

Well I'm not going to let a small section of fans stop me from congratulating Celtic on a deserved win last night, congratulations Celtic.

Well for one thing this pic was in my facebook feed last night and i made the mistake of believing the photo was taken at the match so I'll hold up my hands to that, the rest of your post is beneath contempt and i ain't going to bother with it or you where i can help it.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no intent on a debate with you on my opinion, I know you'd happily do it for an extended period of time and I have long since given up on that sort of thing on the internet.

I stand by what I said, I would be highly surprised if I was the only user who believed this.

Yes, i can tell by all the posters rushing to agree with you.

And sky at 16%, but I would have thought that not one Celtic fan cared, the only stat they will look at is 2 goals to one.

Barcelona must be the unluckiest side in the world, they get injuries, the ref is always against them, are unable to score goals down to some weird forc field in the way and despite being the best side in the world, not only can they not manage to beat Chelsea, but they get beat by a team that has an ex Derby player in it, greatest team ever my a**e.

Barca will go down in the history books as the greatest club side ever.. Because they are.. All Barca haters just have to deal with it, a ridiculously unlucky defeat to Celtic happens in the same way they'd lose to relegated Santander and Hercules..

Only a Barca hater would say they didn't deserve to beat Chelsea or Celtic last night.. Only a fool would say that whoever wins deserves to win, that sort of view in football is painfull and would simply kill the game..

There are many ways to win at football.. Those that play anti-football can stick with the anti-football as we all know that over a longer period of times it doesn't get you anywhere.. Chelsea won with the incredible amount of luck last season, they were 2nd best to every team in the knockout stages and that happens perhaps once in a hundred seasons.. Over a more competitive league they finished 5th which shows anything can happen over one or two games..

Celtic winning last night was beautiful for them.. Up there with their greatest ever victory.. But it was just that, an incredibly flukey win that wouldn't happen again in 50 matches..

As for Barca, they are incredibly unlucky.. I can only count perhaps once or twice when I've seen them over the past 5 years and thought they were second best.. For a team to play over 200 games over their greatest period to only come away being 2nd best once or twice is incredible.. They are the best team ever, no other team is as dominant and this team will be remembered in 200 years time..

Barca haters.. Just bow..

Barca will go down in the history books as the greatest club side ever.. Because they are.. All Barca haters just have to deal with it, a ridiculously unlucky defeat to Celtic happens in the same way they'd lose to relegated Santander and Hercules..

Only a Barca hater would say they didn't deserve to beat Chelsea or Celtic last night.. Only a fool would say that whoever wins deserves to win, that sort of view in football is painfull and would simply kill the game..

There are many ways to win at football.. Those that play anti-football can stick with the anti-football as we all know that over a longer period of times it doesn't get you anywhere.. Chelsea won with the incredible amount of luck last season, they were 2nd best to every team in the knockout stages and that happens perhaps once in a hundred seasons.. Over a more competitive league they finished 5th which shows anything can happen over one or two games..

Celtic winning last night was beautiful for them.. Up there with their greatest ever victory.. But it was just that, an incredibly flukey win that wouldn't happen again in 50 matches..

As for Barca, they are incredibly unlucky.. I can only count perhaps once or twice when I've seen them over the past 5 years and thought they were second best.. For a team to play over 200 games over their greatest period to only come away being 2nd best once or twice is incredible.. They are the best team ever, no other team is as dominant and this team will be remembered in 200 years time..

I think you're missing the whole point fella. Football is the greatest game on the planet because of the intensity of the emotions it creates.

Celtic beating Barca is tremendous just because of the huge gulf in skill between the teams. Its what keeps football alive! Have you ever played Sunday league and walked off the pitch after beating the top team ? Can you feel the passion of those Celtic fans during the last few minutes?

Forget the cold, cynical view of the football purist and put yersen in that mad, crazy Celtic support when you've just beaten the best team in the world!

That's football. That's why we keep going through thick and thin....waiting for that Wanchope moment, that play off final win, Christies' penalty against Rotherham, Frannie Lee's goal at Man City, yes, even Bucko's last minute dodgy header against the gumps - you cannot put a price or a stat on THAT moment.

No true football fan could begrudge Celtic's moment against Barcelona.

Barca will go down in the history books as the greatest club side ever..

Barcelona are a great side. Of that there is no doubt. I do however have doubts as to their claim to be the greatest club side.

How do you measure that? Is it in terms of domestic success? Is it in terms of Champions league success?

They are certainly the side that passes the ball the most (although Swansea City recently had a bigger pass rate).

Has anyone actually said they hate Barcelona?

I have huge admiration for the club and absolutely love the way they play. I want them to win whenever I watch them because I like their style but I'm not blinkered enough to suggest they deserve to win every game.

The problem I have with the way they play is their lack of a plan B. They rarely go front to back quickly. They lack a big front man. They rarely cross the ball and therefore are a little one dimensional. Just because I can see this doesn't make me a Barcelona hater. On the contrary.

You are like so many of the typical English. You just want to knock things down. Your team Barcelona loses and you refuse to praise the opposition preferring to cite bad luck. Derby win and you still come up with more negatives than positives.

I'm beginning to find your posts a little one dimensional which is a shame as I used to enjoy reading them.

Barcelona coach Tito Villanova: "Congratulations to Celtic for the game, and to the Celtic fans for the spectacular role they play. We interpreted the game well, knew what we wanted to do, created many chances, but didn't finish well and their keeper was great I don't like to lose, but if we have to lose, let it be this way."

Iniesta: "A loss but we stay in the fight for the first spot. Isolated actions caused the game to slip away. Let's continue, guys!"

Xavi: "We tried everything but it wasn't to be, the ball didn't go in. There are two games left now, we depend on ourselves. The atmosphere was wonderful, the way the fans support their team... It's an example for all other teams"

Tello: "Painful defeat. We tried until the end but Celtic closed everything down very well."

Bartra: "You can't always win, defeat at Celtic Park, but this will make us stronger! Great football atmosphere"

Fair comments I'd say.

Can't stand either of the old the old firm , but fair play rode their luck (when you concede so many chances you do need some luck, as Alex Song did) at times and Celtic players have a lifetime memories and a decent chance to progress (gave them zero chance after the draw), still can't stand Lennon, good to see Forster in the England squad.

Oh, and come on Inverness!

You can't congratulate a club on a fantastic win due to a banner that was raised in 2010 by one corner by a small section of fans that can't even spell? The banner which angered and embarrassed not only the club, manager and a large section of fans....

http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/showthread.php?t=92295

The same small section of fans that the club and police are trying to remove from Celtic Park by arresting them and banning them on a regular basis...

http://ultras-celtic.com/blog/?p=3659

I'm also guessing every Liverpool fan is a murderer after Heysel, every Liverpool fan goes nicking wheels of cars wearing shell suits with a moustache so we must not congratulate them on any victory either.

I'm guessing every Man City fan sings about Munich.

I'm guessing all Forest fans spit, throw coins and have sex with their sisters.

I'm guessing all Derby fans sang about the death of Nigel Doughty.

Well I'm not going to let a small section of fans stop me from congratulating Celtic on a deserved win last night, congratulations Celtic.

You're putting forward a great argument. I think you might be right. Celtic do have lots of great football fans. Leeds and Liverpool too.

But within the football world it's the minority who's actions sort of 'represent' the club. So within football I despise Leeds and Celtic fans. Outside of football I could probably sit and have a pint with any of them. Except THE actual nobheads.

Same way Stoke are a team of thugs but Etherington has never bullied anyone in his life!

I hate Stoke anorl

The question I have for you Bris, is that if you believe the best team should always win, then why do you like football, and why do you care about Derby County, other than to wind-up "brain-dead" football fans? (By the way, what a fabulously uncondescending label for someone who doesn't agree with you).

If you're going to argue that the team that played the most attacking football should always win and deserve to win then you are effectively saying the underdogs should never win. Underdogs need luck, Bris. Football needs luck. Life needs luck. Without luck, everything repeats itself and its boring.

Football measures goals scored, nothing else. Celtic scored more goals than Barcelona. Football is entirely based on scoring goals. Celtic won because they scored more goals. If you want to invent a sport which simply awards victory to the team that plays best in your opinion, then you can do that. But football is entirely about sticking the ball in the net and nothing else. It doesn't matter how you play, after 90 minutes, the only stats that count for anything are the goals.

And I believe I can say that without being some Neanderthal that champions hoofing anti-football.

And sky at 16%, but I would have thought that not one Celtic fan cared, the only stat they will look at is 2 goals to one.

Barcelona must be the unluckiest side in the world, they get injuries, the ref is always against them, are unable to score goals down to some weird forc field in the way and despite being the best side in the world, not only can they not manage to beat Chelsea, but they get beat by a team that has an ex Derby player in it, greatest team ever my a**e.

Sorry, but Brazil 1970 team must have lost to some pretty sh1te teams in their time too. No team has ever been invincible.

Barca are an incredible team, but they can still lose. They are a team of human beings, and while football teams are made of humans, this will happen.

If you watch Barce regularly I think it would be hard to claim there's been a better team. They are the benchmark of this generation.

You're putting forward a great argument. I think you might be right. Celtic do have lots of great football fans. Leeds and Liverpool too.

But within the football world it's the minority who's actions sort of 'represent' the club. So within football I despise Leeds and Celtic fans. Outside of football I could probably sit and have a pint with any of them. Except THE actual nobheads.

Same way Stoke are a team of thugs but Etherington has never bullied anyone in his life!

I hate Stoke anorl

I know, it just bugs me that's all the ignorance of some people to look beyond the minority when if you actually spend 5 minutes to look into it you will see it's not all fans. (Not aimed directly at Derbien above).

I kept seeing on Twitter that night about anti poppy banners against Barca, turns out it was all based that picture above from 2010, it's still being pushed around on there today amazingly along with the story that Celtic (the club) are anti poppy when they have probably donated more than most of the clubs in Britain including Derby.

The question I have for you Bris, is that if you believe the best team should always win, then why do you like football, and why do you care about Derby County, other than to wind-up "brain-dead" football fans? (By the way, what a fabulously uncondescending label for someone who doesn't agree with you).

If you're going to argue that the team that played the most attacking football should always win and deserve to win then you are effectively saying the underdogs should never win. Underdogs need luck, Bris. Football needs luck. Life needs luck. Without luck, everything repeats itself and its boring.

Football measures goals scored, nothing else. Celtic scored more goals than Barcelona. Football is entirely based on scoring goals. Celtic won because they scored more goals. If you want to invent a sport which simply awards victory to the team that plays best in your opinion, then you can do that. But football is entirely about sticking the ball in the net and nothing else. It doesn't matter how you play, after 90 minutes, the only stats that count for anything are the goals.

And I believe I can say that without being some Neanderthal that champions hoofing anti-football.

Continuing from that, I'd like to know Bris's thoughts on the FA Cup...

Sorry, but Brazil 1970 team must have lost to some pretty sh1te teams in their time too. No team has ever been invincible.

Barca are an incredible team, but they can still lose. They are a team of human beings, and while football teams are made of humans, this will happen.

If you watch Barce regularly I think it would be hard to claim there's been a better team. They are the benchmark of this generation.

Disagree I'm afraid, they are poor at the back, football is not all about attacking play. Arsenal went a whole season without getting beat in the league, did the 70's brazil team not win the World Cup by destroying everything that was in front of them, man utd winning the treble, Barcelona may have been up there a couple of years ago but not now, they are a good team, but they are not invincible, far from it, Celtic nearly drew with them, then beat them, Chelsea last season knocked them out, and they didn't even win their domestic league last year.

Archived