Celtic Beat Barca in Champions League

Curtains

Childish? Honestly I am starting to really dislike reading this forum. What you guys are doing, in particular sageisback has come to the point it is nothing short of cyber bullying. I mean at what point are you going to stop provoking fights with the guy? You do it for a laugh and I can't think of it as anything other than frightening that you have formed this gang. It's pathetic.

What sage said.

And if you don't like the forum. Don't read it.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please guys and gals, if you don't like any member of this forum, or just their views on certain subjects, please select the ignore feature in your control panel.

It seems to be that there's baiting and biting going off between certain members. Please try to rise above it.

We will not be happy if we lose members because of constant repeated vendettas.

How anyone can say Celtic deserved to win simply on a windup.. A team parked on the edge of their own box for 90 minutes and only had 3 shots compared to the other team doing the only attacking and having 20 plus shots..

Saying those sorts of things is the same as saying people get what they deserve in life.. It's not as cut dry as that and only ****** think that way..

How anyone can suggest sitting on the edge of the 18 yard line pumping the ball and barely getting out of their own half isn't anti-football is ridiculous.. Celtic won because they were lucky nothing else.. They didn't excell in any area and they were dominated all over the pitch.. I hope they go through and draw Valenica or Malaga in the next round..

I'm glad for Commons though.. He'd never get nights like this playing for a drab midtable NPC side.. Those that said Celtic was a step-down clearly doesn't understand football..

Barca will regroup.. They're favourites for the CL and La LIga and will clinch both if they stay injury free and avoid ridiculous bad luck like tonight and Chelsea.. The most disappointing thing of all is the way in which clubs now try and copy the Inter tactics of 2010.. Parking the bus on the edge of your own box is anti-football and more and more teams are doing it to Barca and Real Madrid...

Why the constant knocking of Derby County? To come out with what you do are you surprised that others have a go back?

For goodness sake..........................

I have no intent on a debate with you on my opinion, I know you'd happily do it for an extended period of time and I have long since given up on that sort of thing on the internet.

I stand by what I said, I would be highly surprised if I was the only user who believed this.

Normally I'd say congratulations to any Scottish team beating Barcelona however for this they can **** off.http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ewG4dtKAYgw/TNe7V8JWhaI/AAAAAAAAAks/wEggE_-U0BI/s1600/527768638

You can't congratulate a club on a fantastic win due to a banner that was raised in 2010 by one corner by a small section of fans that can't even spell? The banner which angered and embarrassed not only the club, manager and a large section of fans....

http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/showthread.php?t=92295

The same small section of fans that the club and police are trying to remove from Celtic Park by arresting them and banning them on a regular basis...

http://ultras-celtic.com/blog/?p=3659

I'm also guessing every Liverpool fan is a murderer after Heysel, every Liverpool fan goes nicking wheels of cars wearing shell suits with a moustache so we must not congratulate them on any victory either.

I'm guessing every Man City fan sings about Munich.

I'm guessing all Forest fans spit, throw coins and have sex with their sisters.

I'm guessing all Derby fans sang about the death of Nigel Doughty.

Well I'm not going to let a small section of fans stop me from congratulating Celtic on a deserved win last night, congratulations Celtic.

You can't congratulate a club on a fantastic win due to a banner that was raised in 2010 by one corner by a small section of fans that can't even spell? The banner which angered and embarrassed not only the club, manager and a large section of fans....

http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/showthread.php?t=92295

The same small section of fans that the club and police are trying to remove from Celtic Park by arresting them and banning them on a regular basis...

http://ultras-celtic.com/blog/?p=3659

I'm also guessing every Liverpool fan is a murderer after Heysel, every Liverpool fan goes nicking wheels of cars wearing shell suits with a moustache so we must not congratulate them on any victory either.

I'm guessing every Man City fan sings about Munich.

I'm guessing all Forest fans spit, throw coins and have sex with their sisters.

I'm guessing all Derby fans sang about the death of Nigel Doughty.

Well I'm not going to let a small section of fans stop me from congratulating Celtic on a deserved win last night, congratulations Celtic.

That small section must have some long arms given how big the banners are, and must have had a rather large beer belly when stuffing then up their jumpers and smuggling them past Stewarts.

That small section must have some long arms given how big the banners are, and must have had a rather large beer belly when stuffing then up their jumpers and smuggling them past Stewarts.

One lower tier corner out of the whole of Celtic Park is a very small section, the same as the South East corner at Pride Park. No banners were seen anywhere else in the ground.

The British Army has always had some glorious Scottish regiments in it such as the Black Watch, Gordon Highlanders and Scots Guards, so the crazy thing with this silly minority is that in the last almost 100 years there must have been thousands of Celtic fans who have been killed or had their lives ravaged fighting for this country. They should be honouring them not insulting their fellow fans. I am pleased that Celtic and the rest of the SPL will be wearing Poppies on their shirts this weekend.

Back to the football, despite the overwhelming possession that Barca had, Celtic thoroughly deserved their win. Brilliantly organised defensively and snapped their chances up.

No, he missed a penalty in the first half which should have gone Barcas way and a few niggly fouls which were unfortunate.. Song was terrible all night and perhaps could have gone with some sloppy challenges but that would have been extremely harsh.. As for Mascherano that wasn't a foul, if anything he was being tugged by the Celtic striker..

Come of it Bris, Song definitely should have been sent off, and Mascherano probably should have as well, although i only saw that incident once. If that was a Celtic player against a Barca player you would be saying the same as well.

I dont like to see Barca lose and agree that Celtic were very anti football, for Chelsea it was inexcusable, for Celtic, they dont have much choice. Celtic didnt deserve anything, but you often get what you dont deserve in all walks of life.

Barca's goal was such beatiful football as well, if only the initial shot had gone in.

I dont think it is anti football what so ever, if I had a sh!te squad to pick from with 5 of the better ***** players missing and I was playing the best footballing team in the world I wouldn't try and beat them at what there the best in the world at, you would go all out to make set pieces count and then defend for your lives at every other oputunity - Well done Celtic

Atmosphere was incredible as well must of played a part even if only very slight!!!

What Celtic should have done is played all out attack and let barca win for the good of football.

Great win by the Hoops, it was there night but Barca didnt have the cutting edge. Also it looks like we have a keeper to actually challange Joe Hart, he has been brilliant in both games

Tell me Bris. Did you think we deserved to win at Wembley against West Brom??? They were the better side for 85 minutes of the game, hit the woodwork and could've had two penalites. We played anti football that day too. Did the fact we weren't the better side stop you from celebrating???

Did it fook!!!

Tell me Bris. Did you think we deserved to win at Wembley against West Brom??? They were the better side for 85 minutes of the game, hit the woodwork and could've had two penalites. We played anti football that day too. Did the fact we weren't the better side stop you from celebrating???

Did it fook!!!

have to disagree with you there....we played well that day, and i can never remeber thinking we were ever in any danger of losing the game.

as for Celtic and whoever else getting 10 men behind the ball, so what, its a game, play to win.

No, he missed a penalty in the first half which should have gone Barcas way and a few niggly fouls which were unfortunate.. Song was terrible all night and perhaps could have gone with some sloppy challenges but that would have been extremely harsh.. As for Mascherano that wasn't a foul, if anything he was being tugged by the Celtic striker..

I do really like looking out for your posts, you are so funny. Thank you for brightening up my day with your light hearted view on football. I assume you not being serious with your views!!!

How anyone can say Celtic deserved to win simply on a windup.. A team parked on the edge of their own box for 90 minutes and only had 3 shots compared to the other team doing the only attacking and having 20 plus shots..

Saying those sorts of things is the same as saying people get what they deserve in life.. It's not as cut dry as that and only ****** think that way..

How anyone can suggest sitting on the edge of the 18 yard line pumping the ball and barely getting out of their own half isn't anti-football is ridiculous.. Celtic won because they were lucky nothing else.. They didn't excell in any area and they were dominated all over the pitch.. I hope they go through and draw Valenica or Malaga in the next round..

I'm glad for Commons though.. He'd never get nights like this playing for a drab midtable NPC side.. Those that said Celtic was a step-down clearly doesn't understand football..

Barca will regroup.. They're favourites for the CL and La LIga and will clinch both if they stay injury free and avoid ridiculous bad luck like tonight and Chelsea.. The most disappointing thing of all is the way in which clubs now try and copy the Inter tactics of 2010.. Parking the bus on the edge of your own box is anti-football and more and more teams are doing it to Barca and Real Madrid...

So in 2 games against Celtic then Barca must have had over 50 shots and scored 3 goals...and you say they are the best team ever?

have to disagree with you there....we played well that day, and i can never remeber thinking we were ever in any danger of losing the game.

as for Celtic and whoever else getting 10 men behind the ball, so what, its a game, play to win.

I'm not saying for a second that West Brom lay seige to our goal and had Bywater flying round like a gibbon to keep shot after shot out but on another day we could've been on the end of a tonking had things not gone our way. I've watched the game many times and when you're sober and not caught up in the atmosphere you have a different perspective on that game...

I was just wanting to point out to our dear friend Bris that the best team doesn't always win but that doesn't make it any less of an accomplishment for the winners and their fans. At the end of the day, the team who scores more goals than the opposition win the game, no matter how unjustly they do it...

Sorry about the lazy link but this piece has three interesting aspects to it.

1). The atmosphere generated with no standing area's.

2). The support the togetherness gave the team.

3). The comment about those who claim "anti-football" against Celtic being "utterly immature".

[url=http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/desmond-kane/celtic-passion-play-inspired-unique-set-fans-111832417.html]http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/desmond-kane/celtic-passion-play-inspired-unique-set-fans-111832417.html

I'm no Celtic fan but we could learn a thing or two about support from them that's for sure.

Archived