Gareth Roberts - Replacement when the time comes

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can someone play right back and not left back? Doesn't do fifa's ultimate team any good mind, but he could definitely play there... Also hoganson and o'connor here! We'll see though, one thing is for sure... Gareth Roberts is going to be difficult to replace!

Dear me.....thats the most depressing thing i've read in ages.

Isit? It's not as if we have had the best left backs in recent years, you confident of finding someone better?

Give me a Gareth Roberts over McEverley, Moxey, Lewis, Camara, Wright, etc etc anyday.

He's nothing special but he's very good at his job. We haven't had a left back we could have said that about in the last 5/6 years really.

Isit? It's not as if we have had the best left backs in recent years, you confident of finding someone better?

Give me a Gareth Roberts over McEverley, Moxey, Lewis, Camara, Wright, etc etc anyday.

He's nothing special but he's very good at his job. We haven't had a left back we could have said that about in the last 5/6 years really.

Sir Alan Wright was much, MUCH better than the rest mentioned - he was just too old when he came to us, could easily tell he was a premier league class act! won the premier league with Blackburn remember... shame he never played for England.

Alan WRIGHT WRIGHT WRIGHT!!

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41448000/jpg/_41448054_wright203

but on topic, anyone thinking that finding a left back as good as our gaz is an easy job have another thing coming - how many better left backs are there in the division? I'm struggling to think of many.

I guess the problem is all mine....

when i think of good fullbacks i think john robson, david nish, steve buckley, chris powell......admittedly there has been much dross but that doesn't make GR anything to remember.

Would i pay to watch gareth roberts play football?....er no.

Its just that he happens to be on the pitch.

I hope that when we do replace him it is with someone much better who can cross the half way line, shoot, cross, tackle, not look like he might sht himself if the ball comes to him. No offence gareth.

A left sided john brayford to assist wardy would be huge boost.

But thats just stating the obvious isnt it?

I reckon we are four players from being not a bad side.

And left back is surely getting to be top of the list now.

as for who is better in this division...well Ben Mee was better for Burnley...a real threat at set pieces too.

Pity we missed cresswell from tranmere to ipswich or dixon from dundee utd to huddersfield, both of whom we were linked with at the time.

Archived