Sheikh Shaggers Banter

Leicester Ram

I hear that too, but these are closer to the Premiership than your young potentials? Jenas will play Premiership Football again too,

HOPE its with us? Lansbury? has more chance than say Buxton?

How are they any closer? I don't understand that point - these are players that have played in the best marketed division in the world and deemed not good enough, these are not hidden gems. They are players that have been put into the top flight in front of huge on looking crowds and proved themselves not good enough.

You keep mentioning Buxton, our 27 year old centre half - no he will never play in the premier league, he isn't good enough, a lot of our players are not good enough, a lot of your players are not good enough.

as I previously said...

Lascalles, Hughes and Bennett. These are players that can become established premier league players.

The rest just aren't good enough and won't simple as, it's as cut throat as that.

If you've played at that level, and you're not playing at the level anymore it's because you aren't good enough - there is no such thing as 'lack of chances' it's clutching at straws especially at premier league standard. I think lower leagues you can see players not reaching potential because who they're playing with, happens at this level too - in the premiership it's a completely different industry - you have the stage to showcase your ability and if you're playing in the championship at the end of it, there is very good reason!

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm one for you never say never school of football thought,

So Brayford? Keogh? and Bryson? for Derby, you can see where we're going with this though, Cox? Jenas, Lansbury? and the others?

Derby have done really well stripping the deadwood out and bringing in lower league and young players, and fair play, the bit I struggle with is, they are better? was last year with Greening Derbyshire and Miller and crew led by SM but not this season, we're on total different pages.

We should be Top Six, and if not failure?, you should be Midtable if not failure?

I think that is fair!

Cox, Jenas and Lansbury are premier league rejects. You can't claim them as having the quality needed if they were sold into the championship where they get regular football. I thought Lansbury might do well, looks as if this is his level though. Jenas had a decent career on the subs bench up there. Cox is a WBA reject.

We've bought in players from the lower leagues that have a a good record against your so called premiership class, I think mid table is about right for both clubs and anything more is an over achievement.

We're always on totally different pages, you've got the Forest Fever which is always ideas above your stations. Derby, mostly, have a balanced idea about where we are and where we want to be and how long it's going to take.

I think that's fair.

Ain't good enough?

So Holt and Perch are good enough?

I think in Jenas alone, he has been good enough, has a long premiership career, played for England too, so not good enough because he has had a couple of horrific injuries.... He could be good enough again for sure. THATS JENAS REASON.

Also we should know footballers sometimes suit different systems, different enviroments different bosses, etc etc, Grant Holt left Forest deemed not good enough, to Shrewsbury now?

We have signed good players, sort of inbetween Championship/Premiership ability, and we can all aspire for the young uns, I feel McGugan Majewski would do well in Premiership.

I've watched the Norwich and Swansea rides with disapointment because we should have done that, and there are many players in Premiership that have leeped above our clubs.

So I feel we have on paper far better players, and if we get it right could be very very good. Hard bit getting it right!

Ain't good enough?

So Holt and Perch are good enough?

I think in Jenas alone, he has been good enough, has a long premiership career, played for England too, so not good enough because he has had a couple of horrific injuries.... He could be good enough again for sure. THATS JENAS REASON.

Also we should know footballers sometimes suit different systems, different enviroments different bosses, etc etc, Grant Holt left Forest deemed not good enough, to Shrewsbury now?

We have signed good players, sort of inbetween Championship/Premiership ability, and we can all aspire for the young uns, I feel McGugan Majewski would do well in Premiership.

I've watched the Norwich and Swansea rides with disapointment because we should have done that, and there are many players in Premiership that have leeped above our clubs.

So I feel we have on paper far better players, and if we get it right could be very very good. Hard bit getting it right!

to simplify...

if good enough, why are they not playing in the premiership now?

you're trying to explain why a footballer is upto a standard that he has rejected by and deemed not good enough to play at.

In Jenas case, Spurs are paying him to play elsewhere he is that useless to them, and no other premiership club wanted him but why? if as you say, he is good enough to be an established premier league player.

I don't get how you can say lascelles, Bennett and Hughes all have futures in the premier league but Lansbury who is capped at under 21 level doesn't have a future in the prem!?

If Hughes is destined for the premier league why did he sign a contract with derby, same with lascelles.

I bet Lansbury had interest from prem clubs but at this stage in his career you want game time and that's why he's dropped to the championship.

Injured? needs games, perhaps he wants us promoted? loves Nottingham? needs games? Xmas at home?

LOL Injured?

So a premier league club didn't go in for Jenas because Jenas loves nottingham... ah, well that was nice of them.

I think, Injuries have ruined him... even when fit, he isn't as good as he was, not that he was ever an outstanding player anyway - an established premier league player, yes but nothing more and now riddled with injuries is nothing more than a decent championship player at best.

This is why premier league clubs didn't touch him, and he came down to the championship.

Again another negative Derby fan, he has been injured and from 3 or 4 appearances as sub, is only capable of Championship football? and can never recover, loves Nottingham was tongue in cheek, how do we know?.

And there is not one player that has played for Derby, even Forest, that has performed at his level for how many years?

If he ain't got a chance of Premiership performances again, then I'm afraid after our list, onto yours there is simply NONE!

You just hate Forest anything to do with Forest, bottom line! 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Yeah but maul fell down into that pit thing holding it.

What will really f**k Elvis' head up is the fact Maul was then brought back to life by Force sensitive witches and given mechanical spider like legs so he could continue hunting down Jedis!!!

Saying that he's already struggling to grasp the very simple idea that if Cox, Jenas, Lansbury et al were good enough to play in the Premiership, they'd still be playing in the Premiership, with Premiership teams... 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Again another negative Derby fan, he has been injured and from 3 or 4 appearances as sub, is only capable of Championship football? and can never recover, loves Nottingham was tongue in cheek, how do we know?.

And there is not one player that has played for Derby, even Forest, that has performed at his level for how many years?

If he ain't got a chance of Premiership performances again, then I'm afraid after our list, onto yours there is simply NONE!

You just hate Forest anything to do with Forest, bottom line! 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Tom Huddlestone?

and I don't hate Forest, I'm not into actually bickering about who supports the bigger side, especially when I guess we're both bonded to our respective side because of it's where we was born, I don't support Derby because I think we're a massive, fantastic, incredible team to support - its the club I was brought up to support.

My comments are aimed generally, Derby, Forest, Leeds, Leicester...etc when people who support championship sides and claim their side is full of premier league quality, it makes me sick to my back teeth! It's because it's ******** - players who are good enough to be established in a higher division DO NOT apply their trade at this level UNLESS for a huge financial reason.

Nolan at Newcastle and West Ham earning high end premier league wages for instance, but he was down here doing that because he couldn't get high end premier league money, playing middle of the road premiership clubs - he did however find a financially superior championship side and milk them for a year playing lesser football.

I don't let bias effect my trail of thought, I just don't like reading quite clear ******** about fans making apologies for players that aren't good enough for that level, luckily for you, you don't need him to be at that level anyway - you're a championship side and playing championship football, sounds like he can manage that much - therefore for you, he's competing at the level you want him to.

Archived