Notts florest v The Mighty Rams

ladyram

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We beat newcastle on TV when we were in the prem. And then drew with them when they were in the Championship. We beat Man Utd in the cup on TV. The season later we beat Pompey on TV. And last year we beat Forest on TV.

They are all the ones I can remember off the top of my head. But there are more. So shut up, you all sound stupid.

Genuine question here, would you play Hughes in this game? I'm not so sure.

Was thinking about that last night.

Nigel could be hammered either way.

Play Hughes on the idea both teams have been playing football, it turns into the usuall 'dare not lose get it away from our goal' direct game of physical nature and Hughes gets bullied.

What was Nigel thinking playing an in-experienced kid in a fiery derby

Play Tyson who has been excellent in these games (for the baddies ofcourse) numerous times and he's his nervous self....

Tyson over Hughes!!! Hughes would of been fine! Both teams tried to play the football they have played this season!

I dunno. I'd play a 5 man midfield. Ward needs to play on the left for this game. Hughes central and encouraged to get close to that free role.

But bring Tyson/Robinson on BEFORE Hughes is dead on his legs!!!

I would personally leave Hughes out, such a talented player but don't know how he will react on saturday - Ward on the wing and Tyson/Theo upfront... give their defence a handful, sammon looks like he'll be too strong for their slight defenders and non of them are overally quick so bit of pace will hurt them too.

Sounds good to me Ambitous.

But if we lose there will be calls for your resignation.

"he left out our most talented midfielder!!"

Yeah, unless we win Clough will not catch a break at all... leave hughes in 'he is far too lightweight for these types of games' and take him out 'he left out our most talented midfielder' who'd want to be a football manager and it will be the same people shouting it 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

When/where else is Hughes going to get big game experience? Of course he should play. You'd think a young lad would jump at the chance to play in the East Mids Derby. Young Sterling made his first start against Man City for Liverpool and he did alright.

3-3

Sammon first scorer.

and to be fair similar questions were asked about Hendrick last season.

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Jeff+Hendrick+Nottingham+Forest+v+Derby+County+YCR2HR-x7XXl

Clough got it wrong?

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Jeff+Hendrick+Nottingham+Forest+v+Derby+County+Hj2hw8OJjG4l

Clough got it very right!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

When/where else is Hughes going to get big game experience? Of course he should play. You'd think a young lad would jump at the chance to play in the East Mids Derby. Young Sterling made his first start against Man City for Liverpool and he did alright.

3-3

Sammon first scorer.

Good point well made

and to be fair similar questions were asked about Hendrick last season.

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Jeff+Hendrick+Nottingham+Forest+v+Derby+County+YCR2HR-x7XXl

Clough got it wrong?

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Jeff+Hendrick+Nottingham+Forest+v+Derby+County+Hj2hw8OJjG4l

Clough got it very right!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

What a way to put things right, eh.

I think Hughes has shown enough already to prove he's got a steady head and can play in any of the games on the fixture list, regardless of the opposition and what it means to the club.

In build up to Sundays game I thought I would make a match preview, since this week is going to be focused mainly on Sunday, I have little concentration to work so this makes better use of my time. The game between Derby and Forest will be a lot closer than last season, Forest weren’t up to scratch and their negative game plan was laughable, forest fans embarrassed by their displays and rightfully so, it was easy for Derby to notch up the double although it nearly didn’t happen like that. The first game between the two sides was the eye opener, forest started really badly and their preseason ambitions of promotion looked more like delusions of grandeur. The first minute produced a red card and a penalty in the home teams favour, perhaps the bit of luck they needed to get their season kick started, however, they were frustrated and showed so little creativity or quality to break a 10 man Derby down who eventually went on to win the game with 10 men for the majority of the play. The second game at Pride Park was in the favour of Derby, whilst Forest had picked up a little bit before they played their park the bus and long ball style it meant that for a lot of the game it was tedious to watch, derby sat in the forest half knocking the ball around and struggled to make opportunities count, whilst forest barely managed a shot on goal. The last minute heroics by sir jake buxton was a great way to win the game – the loveable centre back, honest, hard working and head on everything type of defender being the difference between the two sides was the icing on the cake. This season the Forest side has been invested in, it looks stronger in the midfield and forward positions but brittle at the back, Derby being in a similar boat whilst on paper Derby have the better defence, the open style of football played by Clough has cost in goals, individual mistakes and laps of concentration has meant that a clean sheet hasn’t been completed this season. Forest started strongly and now seemingly dropping off the pace, a few question marks over recent performances have coincided with them finally losing their first game, after a couple of games of rescue missions which have seen them turn losses into draws. There is very little between the two teams, they’re looking to play similar football and doubt that playing style for both teams will be compromised which means both teams will have to endure long periods of the other team having the ball. Derby have excelled in this category this season, creating chances and playing with the ball on the floor is a strong point for Derby, The team work ethic can be untouched by no other side I have seen for a long time, very much able to work and play as a team. The bad points for Derby are plain to see though, for use of a better term ‘a soft underbelly’ we’re not taking our chances, we allow teams too much time and we don’t have enough crunch in our team and allow players to run at us which has caused us problems. Forest, obviously from a purely opposition point of view have athleticism in their midfield (er, andy reid aside) they have players who can create something out of nothing, off their day these are classed as luxury players and Derby will hope that is the case on Sunday. Individually forest have the more expensive, the more lucrative and more attractive players with more experience and on paper people will back the experience over the young side who work hard. Little battles all over the pitch will be key, especially in midfield where both teams strength lies and that is where the game will be won or lost. The lack of speed upfront for Forest is a relief where in the past we have been riddled by the pace forest have had at their possession and at the back it’ difficult to see how Ayala will cope with Sammon, we’ve seen Ayala get bullied time and time again, and whilst Sammon may not be a fox in the box striker, the sheer power and brute force in Sammon will cause problems upfront as he has done since he has been here, could argue he should have had a lot more goals, and yes he should but it’s down to his movement and size he gets so many chances, he also creates chances and works hard for the team. I am fairly confident about Sunday as a Derby fan, I think Forest will allow us to play to our strengths and we will hopefully be able to showcase our talents, we have ways we can hurt them, but, not forgetting that they have players that can hit the top corner from 30 yards it won’t be a predictable game but none the less – Predicition Forest 1 – 2 Derby

Archived