Attendances

davenportram

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I think the pricing is all over the price. I had a friend and his kids visiting us this weekend and they paid £28 for adult tickets yesterday. Then on the advertising boards they are doing Brighton tickets for £18!

Surely it's better to get more people in the ground or are we ready to listen to "your grounds too big for you" for the next 7 months. Let's get more people in, the atmosphere is so poor at the moment!

05/06 - 20th

06/07 - 3rd (promoted)

07/08 - 20th (relegated)

08/09 - 18th

09/10 - 14th

10/11 - 19th

11/12 - 12th

A couple of seasons of 8th would do wonders . Also despite finishing 12th last season was a losing season. I think either by finishing position or by winning more than we lose people will eagerly convince themselves next season could be THE season.

How many of us thought this season would be THE season?

We're all really, really bored. I know I desperately look for signs we're getting somewhere. It's not easy is it. Will Hughes, FFP etc. It's desperate.

If they keep playing goal music I'll start asking Huckers to get me a Hucknall season ticket.

The demand based pricing just seems to have put all the prices up.

It seems that they set a minimum price which the tickets will not go below, but that price seems to be the old face value. If this system were to function properly then any unsold tickets should be below £10 by the day before the game. The problem with that is it would annoy season ticket holders and result in fans waiting until the last minute to but their tickets. It seems to me that the demand based pricing is a fundamentaly flawed idea.

DCFC cannot put their prices up at a time when the team is average at best and many fans have seen their incomes fall. Because they have, the gates have fallen. To get them back up the team needs to win more matches or the club need to sign a couple of 'box office' players or they need to reduce the prices.

It strikes me it is a combination of things.

1 - The football and general feeling at the club has been mid table mediocrity for some years now.

2 - There is an economic downtown at the moment, and crowds, apart from in the Premier league, are down across the board.

3 - The demand based ticketing makes it very confusing to know what price you are likely to pay.at any given moement you walk into the ticket office. Just make it simple - £15 North and South Stands, £20 East Stand, £25 West Stand. It's not rocket science.

4 - They seem to be forcing fans down the online purchase route which not everyone is comfortable with.

5 - They charge an additional £3 to pay on the day.

All these factors make it less likely for floaters to want to make the effort.

I paid £32 for yesterday in the south east corner 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

That's a reasonably good night out or a pair of trainers...

That actually made my eyes pop out of my head...

I'm going to watch football and it feels like i'm being brought out of pocket.. It's atrocious.. So much money.

If i did'nt have a season ticket the only games i'd go to would be the one's where we are in the cup and it's like a fiver 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

05/06 - 20th

06/07 - 3rd (promoted)

07/08 - 20th (relegated)

08/09 - 18th

09/10 - 14th

10/11 - 19th

11/12 - 12th

A couple of seasons of 8th would do wonders . Also despite finishing 12th last season was a losing season. I think either by finishing position or by winning more than we lose people will eagerly convince themselves next season could be THE season.

How many of us thought this season would be THE season?

We're all really, really bored. I know I desperately look for signs we're getting somewhere. It's not easy is it. Will Hughes, FFP etc. It's desperate.

If they keep playing goal music I'll start asking Huckers to get me a Hucknall season ticket.

only £100 if you are Interested lol.

We've been crap for the last 4 seasons and attendances have shown that. Money is obviously another issue, but if we were in the Prem, we'd be sold out week-in week-out. Goes to show who the loyal fans are.

Bit harsh maybe dude.

People prioritise. Save for new car/tele/holiday/drum set or watch Derby fight for promotion/play Man United/finish 14th etc.

Finishing nowhere, people don't feel like they're missing much. If money is tight they might pick and choose games when the can afford them rather than spend £800 on a couple of season tickets and make do with that car or tele for 6 more months

It's those that say in the pub "why waste your money on that *****" but are there for the Forest game and so on that I'd call disloyal. Some can afford it and choose not to bother until "players start trying". Crap fans.

Bit harsh maybe dude.

People prioritise. Save for new car/tele/holiday/drum set or watch Derby fight for promotion/play Man United/finish 14th etc.

Finishing nowhere, people don't feel like they're missing much. If money is tight they might pick and choose games when the can afford them rather than spend £800 on a couple of season tickets and make do with that car or tele for 6 more months

It's those that say in the pub "why waste your money on that *****" but are there for the Forest game and so on that I'd call disloyal. Some can afford it and choose not to bother until "players start trying". Crap fans.

I don't think it' harsh. I'm only saying they aren't loyal. It's not like I'm insulting anyone.

Archived