Can we reclaim that magic?

dx7778

Chinese, japanese, korean football will never be as big as English football, never ever. They simply dont have the history.

Back to the original question, Derby will never break into the top 4, well, certainly not in anyone on heres life time.

Not saying it can be as big, just saying if Asians start taking more notice of their own football that's going to be a massive problem for the big clubs. There's billions of them. Probably ten times more United fans live in Beijing than Manchester. Do they support United because of their history? Because it's enshrined in their culture? No, it's because they have money to burn and want a little bit of Western culture now they have the freedom. But their support doesn't extend beyond buying a shirt and watching the matches on the box. They'll dump United as quickly as they took them up.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Duracell you mention the Bundesliga as something of a role model for other leagues to go by.. It's exactly the same, the powerhouses are the powerhouses and they'll always be in contention for trophies.. Those in midtable and below have no chance..

Over the past 19 seasons only 6 clubs have won the league.. Bayern and Dortmund have won the league 15 times out of the last 19 seasons.. That's worse than Man Utd and Arsenal.. In everyleague the powerhouses remain the powerhouses and they win everything because they simply have the most money..

I doubt anyone will challenge Dortmund or Bayern over the next 10 years also.. Seeing as Dortmund bought 3rd place Borussia M'Gladbachs best player for $20mil+ it's the same as City/Utd buying Arsenals best players.. Schalke also regularly lose top players to Bayern etc.

There's still plenty of joy in football without winning the Premiership.

We could realistically get promoted within 2/3 years.

Finish 16th in the PL and cause some upsets

Finish midtable for a couple of years. Trips to Spurs and Everton much better than trips to Burnley and Watford. Sign exciting Eranio's and Wanchope's

Flirt with Europe. Get a trip to Valencia, Porto, Benfica, Lazio....

Not an impossible dream. Only as impossible as it was for Stoke and Swansea. Fulham.

I could live with that. Actually might be better than squeezing past another stranger from down London way who's come for your next easy win for a PL title.

Keeps me going.

Finish midtable for a couple of years. Trips to Spurs and Everton much better than trips to Burnley and Watford. Sign exciting Eranio's and Wanchope's

Not an impossible dream. Only as impossible as it was for Stoke and Swansea. Fulham.

I could live with that. Actually might be better than squeezing past another stranger from down London way who's come for your next easy win for a PL title.

Keeps me going.

I want this to happen so bad.

Keeps me going.

A bit off topic but. If we did get to the Prem do you think NC would buy the likes of a modern day Eranio, Stimac, Wanchope or Baiano?

Would love it to be the case, I would love to see a quality flair player strutting his stuff at PP, but can't see it myself.

Guys hate to say it but lets stick to the topic shall we?

What would u want derby to keep doing for it to be in PL in the next 2 years and stay there?

What are the best things the this club has done in the last 4 years and do you think clough has laid foundations for a good future for this club?

Guys hate to say it but lets stick to the topic shall we?

What would u want derby to keep doing for it to be in PL in the next 2 years and stay there?

What are the best things the this club has done in the last 4 years and do you think clough has laid foundations for a good future for this club?

No, lets dream....it's a lot more fun..

To get into the hell of division 1 in two years, will be a big big ask, one that I am not sure we will be able to acheive with the current management team and squad....but....who wants to go up there anyway...? Not me, they can keep it.

the best thing the club has done in the last four years.....probably stick up the staute outside.....and I hope it is on good foundations, we don't want it falling down and hurting someone do we..?

No, lets dream....it's a lot more fun..

To get into the hell of division 1 in two years, will be a big big ask, one that I am not sure we will be able to acheive with the current management team and squad....but....who wants to go up there anyway...? Not me, they can keep it.

the best thing the club has done in the last four years.....probably stick up the staute outside.....and I hope it is on good foundations, we don't want it falling down and hurting someone do we..?

Really? Think abt it. A 3 bil Deal with sky for 2013-14 season. 650 Mil viewers worldwide, 45 mil per Club just in television revenues itself. Guaranteed attendences of 30K and above. Huge sponserhip revenues, Even if you are relagated its a Guranteed 11.5 Mil per year as parachute payments for 4 years with revisions of that cost every 3 years?

What have we spent this season as transfers? 3 mil and we are feeling that these are good bargain buys which has made the team stronger. Think of what happens if you have 10-15 mil as transfer fees and with the record of clough identifying talent with just a shoe string budget.

Its just a huge financial windfall that derby will have just to be in the PL. Thats where we need to be, championship might be exciting but the PL is the most sought after league in the world to be in.

We need to be thier and anyone thinking that they are happy being in championship is kind of being pessimistic abt themselves.

This thread is to find out how to get there and be there, What has gone right and what needs to be done asap.

Fluck it or get in PL the hard way, This has to happen. In a way the forest takeover has set some mini shockwaves here and urgency has crept in. If this season forest do get promoted or atleast go into the playoffs while derby remain 15th and below, Fans will not like it one bit. I see derby trying to fluck it this season else give a big time push next season.

If they create a superleague then I'll watch that.. And I'm not ashamed in any way to admit it.. I watch football and I like to see good football, I really would lose interest if they started replacing top high-profile footballers with mediocre NPC games.. I'd rather watch Sevilla play Valencia anyday of the week than Leicester play Blackpool for exapmple..

Have you ever seen a non-league football match? Did it make you vomit?

People claim the bubble will burst.. It won't, it seriously won't...

Don't tell me - you used to work in the banking industry didn't you? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

[url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Lethal-Portuguese-striker-Eusebio-Benfica-pals/story-16871721-detail/story.html]http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Lethal-Portuguese-striker-Eusebio-Benfica-pals/story-16871721-detail/story.html

Sorry couldnt post the full stuff in here but wanted to know

• if it is ever possible to reclaim that aura the rams had in the 70's. Also to be more constructive in discussion what possible ways in the current scenario will you suggest changes in the approach the club should take.

• We can also discuss about what went wrong or right in the last 4 years and what you could expect in the remainder of clough's contract till 2013.

• What would you do if you were given 5 years to possibly try and be as close to success as the team in the 70's did?

[*]Lets look at it in a 5 year basis instead of instant success like splashing cash to bring in players.

[*]The current players, How good are they to be part of a 5 year plan.

Not possible unless there is a massive revolution in football or a complete collapse of the system. Even then we're way behind the 'rest of the pack'. It would need a miracle.

In the last 4 years they've wasted far too much on mediocre players. Even now after another cull we have 3 (4?) players surplus to requirements draining the resources, and the season has hardly started, give it a few months and there'll be another boat load we've fell out with.

Put faith in the youngsters and actually paythem what their perrformances deserve, not use them as cheaper replacements or cash in on them first chance we get.

You won't get anywhere in football today without splashing the cash, and even then it's not guaranteed.

They arent good enough, they're average/mediocre players for this division. None of them are even good enough for the bottom of the Prem, never mind trying to break into the top half. If by some miracle we were promoted we'd need a complete squad just to survive.

Archived