James Bailey

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These paper rumours are great lol.

We have sold and paid of dross that we did not want. Hulse and Commons would not have signed again for the money we were offering and they were offered more money at QPR and Celtic.

Moxey went last season because Clough said for football reason if so then fair enough (personal opinion he started well in his career however was very prone to yellow and red cards)

Clough however has not gone and sold directly a player who is in the first squad. Before you say Moxey him and Roberts were not first choice last yr you never knew who was going to play left back in each game. Bailey has been first choice when fit and deservedly first choice. If he was sold it would be sad news but sold for £250k the board had best hide and would for me really be the final nail in the coffin.

I can't see him leaving personally.

he isn't our most influential player, he is like a clock, consistant but doesn't do anything of note. We could find a replacement for less than a million.

I am an admirer of those of different opinions to me. Diversity makes the world go round, and the only reason why humanity has advanced as far as it has is that as a species, each individual sees the world differently.

However, on this occasion, I can not actually believe you are talking about James Bailey.

Doesn't do anything of note? Apart from oustanding passes and vital interceptions, maybe not.

Consistent!?! Is there a more hot-and-cold player in our squad?

Sorry, YR, but that post has well and truely baffled me. I can see why some fans don't rate him but you haven't described the same player I watch.

There is no way we could buy anywhere near the same standard of player for 250k. He isn't going to be a prem player any time soon but he is more than competent at this level. We are not looking to sell him- and certainly not for less than we bought him for!

There is no way we could buy anywhere near the same standard of player for 250k. He isn't going to be a prem player any time soon but he is more than competent at this level. We are not looking to sell him- and certainly not for less than we bought him for!

How much did we pay for him? It's been a while and I can't find it anywhere...

How much did we pay for him? It's been a while and I can't find it anywhere...

800k for him and Bray, could rise to 1.6million though.. at the time I was perplexed by the signing thought we'd paid well over the odds, now if you wanted to buy both bids would have to start well above the 5million mark, more towards the 6, for me personally.

Bailey is a player that is always going to split opinion, much like Bryson but I think both when they work a partnership together is going to be brilliant for our strikers, both are good at reading the game and they win the ball in the middle enough, could be more but, enough at the minute... Bryson buzzes around like a blue arsed fly, making little passes, always creating an option and keeping the ball moving (very understated job) and Bailey is one that as someone rightfully pointed out, picks the passes, moves the ball outwide and tries to catch the opposition defense static, in the hope people can run through.

Both have downfalls, Bryson is a player that if the midfield are losing the battle, and he isn't get the ball received to feet, he will become transparent because he'll become over-run by the midfield, for me doesn't have that grab the game by it's balls attribute that can change a game, and Bailey is when he is slow, when he telegraphs passes or his passes just go off target, his main attribute is knocking the ball around, if he has an off day... we lose the ball in midfield.

5-6 mil? I like them both to be honest but if someone came in with an offer over a mil for either of them I think the club would snap their arm off and I don't blame them. There are no players worth anywhere near that kind of money in the champ and if they are they aren't in the champ for long!

5-6 mil? I like them both to be honest but if someone came in with an offer over a mil for either of them I think the club would snap their arm off and I don't blame them. There are no players worth anywhere near that kind of money in the champ and if they are they aren't in the champ for long!

I don't think the club would snap their arms off though, really don't and the valuation for players in this division is rising, to such a level that our prised assets should have a high price tag, if news came out that Derby had sold Brayford and Bailey for a million each, I would be speechlessly disappointed with the club but it would never happen, never... what did Clough say about Brayford in pre season... I wouldn't be worried about any of our 'key' players leaving, and I haven't been since the americans got here.

[size=3]

The 23-year-old signed a new three-year contract with the Rams over the summer and Clough insists he is not looking to sell.

[/size]

[size=3]

Responding to the speculation, Clough said: "Are they? Is that all, £3million? We are looking to build with young players throughout the squad and John is part of that.

[/size]

I am an admirer of those of different opinions to me. Diversity makes the world go round, and the only reason why humanity has advanced as far as it has is that as a species, each individual sees the world differently.

However, on this occasion, I can not actually believe you are talking about James Bailey.

Doesn't do anything of note? Apart from oustanding passes and vital interceptions, maybe not.

Consistent!?! Is there a more hot-and-cold player in our squad?

Sorry, YR, but that post has well and truely baffled me. I can see why some fans don't rate him but you haven't described the same player I watch.

he doesn't pass hollywood style, he has flair in his passing but hardly outstanding, and yes he does make interceptions like all good midfielders. There are players who have bigger off and on days than bailey, like I say he isn't our most influential player, nor our most creative. He is usually a 6/10 when i have seen him, sometimes a 7or even an 8 on a good day. The valuation ambitious gives is in relation to his name I think. Brayford yes 2.5-3 million, but bailey likeI say 1-1.5 million is enough.

I don't think the club would snap their arms off though, really don't and the valuation for players in this division is rising, to such a level that our prised assets should have a high price tag, if news came out that Derby had sold Brayford and Bailey for a million each, I would be speechlessly disappointed with the club but it would never happen, never... what did Clough say about Brayford in pre season... I wouldn't be worried about any of our 'key' players leaving, and I haven't been since the americans got here.

The 23-year-old signed a new three-year contract with the Rams over the summer and Clough insists he is not looking to sell.

[size=3]Responding to the speculation, Clough said: "Are they? Is that all, £3million? We are looking to build with young players throughout the squad and John is part of that.[/size]

Don't get me wrong, I would be delighted if we keep hold of the both of them for many seasons to come. Also I don't think that we are selling club anymore (its been a while) but if an offer came in for either of them at around a million it would be very difficult to turn down- I know that they have age on their on their side but Barker and Shacks cost around that figure. With Billy Sharp maybe going for around 3 mil, that is exceptional in the champ and only players with a high profile command that kind of fee- .

he doesn't pass hollywood style, he has flair in his passing but hardly outstanding, and yes he does make interceptions like all good midfielders. There are players who have bigger off and on days than bailey, like I say he isn't our most influential player, nor our most creative. He is usually a 6/10 when i have seen him, sometimes a 7or even an 8 on a good day. The valuation ambitious gives is in relation to his name I think. Brayford yes 2.5-3 million, but bailey likeI say 1-1.5 million is enough.

Maybe it is my valuations that are out then- I am surprised that you quoted so high mate, 2,5 for Brayford? I think that 1.8 could probably buy them both, Don't get me wrong they are good players at this level but not outstanding, if we hold out for those kinds of fees we will have them at the club for ever- ah, nice plan, if we inflate their value they will never leave mwah mwah mwha! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Archived