Have we got to Sell before we can Buy

Curtains

1 minute ago, curtains said:

I can't see us scoring a lot of goals with the squad we have.

I am underwhelmed at the moment. 

As long as we score more than the other team that is all that matters to win the game. We have had a couple of seasons where we were scoring regularly but were a little soft at the back due to over eagerness, last season for the most part we were at the other end of the spectrum, felt defensively solid, for the most part but sacrificed a lot of our attacking eagerness. With Pearson hopefully he can find that balance where we look like we can score as and when we need to but with the resilience that felt like we were missing under Mac.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Confident we have the right coaching staff to get the most out of the players we already have?  Yes...

Well we will soon see. 

But don't forget all the teams think that because that's why they appointed their coach of choice. 

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

Different between confidence, pragmatism and doom-mongering.

That's your opinion. 

But what are you basing your confidence on .

There is  2 teams in every game trying to win them just like last season and the seasons before .

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

That's your opinion. 

There is  2 teams in every game trying to win them just like last season and the seasons before .

I'm not confident of anything, I'm pragmatic.

Whereas you are doom-mongering, only to several pages later then say "we will soon see" as if it's a qualifier for not actually doom-mongering.

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

That's your opinion. 

2 teams in every game trying to win them just like last season and the seasons before .

Well that's been the case since the game was invented.  Are you saying the deployment of more talented players by more talented coaches has no bearing on the result?

I like your method Curtains, slate everything that happens at Derby County Football Club so when it doesn't reach it's ultimate goal, you're proven to be right.  Very clever...

Just now, Srg said:

I'm not confident of anything, I'm pragmatic.

Whereas you are doom-mongering, only to several pages later then say "we will soon see" as if it's a qualifier for not actually doom-mongering.

What is doom - mongering 

3 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Well that's been the case since the game was invented.  Are you saying the deployment of more talented players by more talented coaches has no bearing on the result?

I like your method Curtains, slate everything that happens at Derby County Football Club so when it doesn't reach it's ultimate goal, you're proven to be right.  Very clever...

Maybe DCFC don't want my support at games then. 

Maybe I can have a view but still support the team on match day though .

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Maybe DCFC don't want my support at games then. 

Maybe I can have a view but still support the team on match day though .

One of the dictionary definitions of Support is - "to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because youwant him, her, or it to succeed:"

Pi**ing & moaning about everything is hardly being supportive...

25 minutes ago, curtains said:

I can't see us scoring a lot of goals with the squad we have.

I am underwhelmed at the moment. 

There's goals throughout the team. It's up to Pearson to get the best out of everyone and if he does, we'll be fine for goals.

Martin - 15+ goals in each of his last 3 seasons.

Bent - Scored 10 in 15 when he got a regular run of games due to Martin's injury.

Ince - Hit double figures in each of his last 2 seasons for us.

Russell - Hit double figures last season.

Blackman - Although not a consistent scorer throughout his career, he showed that he has the ability last season for Reading.

Bryson - Scored 16 goals in the 13-14 season. Unlikely he'll hit anywhere near that again, but he can chip in with some.

Johnson - 15 goals for Norwich the season before he joined us so he has it in him.

Butterfield - Scored 8 last season despite regularly being benched.

It obviously won't work out like this, but maybe we'll get 25+ goals from Martin and Bent, 25+ goals from Ince, Blackman, Russell, Weimann and Razza and 20+ goals from the group of centre mids we have, Bryson, Johnson, Butterfield, Hendrick, Hughes and Thorne and we've got at least 70 goals there. We were only 6 goals behind the top scorers last season despite most of the forward players under performing by their usual standards.

Archived