Dear Uncle Mel, please DON'T undo Sam's hard work.

Mostyn6

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, philmycock said:

Why is everyone assuming SR knows how to run a successful football club?

I’ve no idea. I’m hoping it’s not because people think that relationships have got better and recruitment has improved over the past few years.

some good points 

and take on board 

1 hour ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Sam Rush was doing what was considered 'good work' before we had heard of Mel Morris.  He was prominent (because that was his job at the time) at a time when the club was showing improvement on the pitch and was very good from a PR perspective (e.g. extending Shaun Barker's contract, regular fan meets).  It is unfair to label this all of Sam Rush's good work I suppose because the owners will have played a part in key decisions.  I think the key point is that Sam Rush was accountable for what he did, Mel Morris is not and therefore - and I steal something I have started to see on here a lot - there are no checks and balances.  Sam Rush reported into people above him and he seemed very good at his job - lets not forget there was rumour we would have him poached by a bigger club.

It may just be that one of Mel Morris's bigger mistakes is suppressing Sam Rush's effectiveness.

Some good points,

But did Sam rush extend Shaun barkers contract or was it chairman at time of speaking.

what I'm saying I suppose is that the chief exec, be it Sam rush or any other chief exec doesn't make those decisions, he/they merely executes them.

they deal with football administration and agents to my knowledge they don't make the big decisions like who to hand contracts to, they negotiate them with the agents when told to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

I have NO proof whatsoever behind this theory, but I think Mel has taken a step back, asked Sam Rush "What would you do?", Sam probably responded "I would've kept McClaren".

Well done to Mel, nobody can say your ego is ruining this club when you make a decision like this.

Thanks Uncle Mel.

9 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I have NO proof whatsoever behind this theory, but I think Mel has taken a step back, asked Sam Rush "What would you do?", Sam probably responded "I would've kept McClaren".

Well done to Mel, nobody can say your ego is ruining this club when you make a decision like this.

Thanks Uncle Mel.

Absolutely

42 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Thanks Uncle Mel.

It seemed like Sam Rush was answering a lot of questions this time as opposed to Morris? 

4 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Thanks Uncle Mel.

It shows an enormous set of gonads from Mel.

If it fails, it's on him for the re-appointment, never go back etc.

If it works, smart arses will point out we could have been in the same position 2 years ago if he hadn't got rid in the 1st place.

He can't win, but luckily we can, and by putting himself behind Derby County in the importance stakes, he's shown his interests come 2nd to the club's. 

Archived