Albentosa

Cardifframs

Uni mate? He was on our floor for 3 weeks and then I never saw him again... 

I think you're under-rating the value to new parents of having family and friends around... A nanny is great for the kids BUT it's a very different relationship for the parents than it is for the kid... They need a friend NOT an employee...

I don't think I am. It's ideal but not vital, certainly when you have the money they do to employ nannies. I think you're underestimating the role of a good nanny.

And please also bear in mind that Albentosa can afford to fly over to Spain whenever he wants, maybe even in his own plane. It really isn't that far away at all when you're on a footballers wage. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeh but it's not about nannies is it... It's about having friends and family around to help...

It's all very well saying that 'money can provide an answer to everything'... but it's just not true... they both took the decision that moving to derby was a good decision and something interesting for them... but then it turned out that they couldn't adapt to it and realised they needed to be closer to family/home/Spain... Happens all the time... back in the day we had a lad on our floor in first year of Uni who didn't like being so far from home and he was only 2 hours away!

I agree. They don't say "Money can't bring you happiness" for nothing. It's all the other stuff that makes up the lifestyle you had and the one you have now such as family/friends/culture/climate/language that define if you are happy or not in new surroundings. Of course that will all be amplified when there's a child to consider as well.

The move back to Spain looks like being the best solution for all concerned. We won't make a loss on him & it looks like keeping him around wouldn't have done him or the club any good long term.

All the best to him.

Still to this day not able to understand how bendover can thrive in the Spanish premier, but suffer in the championship.

I know there's a language barrier and its a different country bla bla but that shouldn't affect footballing ability in such a way, he's a very highly rated footballer overseas who at times appeared out of his depth last season. I remember watching the game against Wolves and just thinking how poor he looked.

I would have thought he would be in his element in the championship, a definite step down in terms of difficulty and intensity of the Spanish league. But he spent most of the time here getting put on his arse by average strikers! Was hoping he would kick on this season but it wasn't meant to be...

I would have thought he would be in his element in the championship, a definite step down in terms of difficulty and intensity of the Spanish league.

I don't think you can say the championship is a step down in terms of intensity from La Liga.  A step down in terms of quality no doubt, probably several steps!  But the Championship presented him with a different type of football, played at a different tempo, and maybe this change of style was partially responsible for his disappointing performances in a Derby shirt. It's possible he could have adapted in time, but who knows. Back at Malaga it seems he'll pick off from where he left off at Eibar. Goodluck to him.

I don't think you can say the championship is a step down in terms of intensity from La Liga.  A step down in terms of quality no doubt, probably several steps!  But the Championship presented him with a different type of football, played at a different tempo, and maybe this change of style was partially responsible for his disappointing performances in a Derby shirt. It's possible he could have adapted in time, but who knows. Back at Malaga it seems he'll pick off from where he left off at Eibar. Goodluck to him.

listen here lowgate, over my dead body is the Spanish league less intense.

listen here lowgate, over my dead body is the Spanish league less intense

I guess it depends on how you define footballing 'intensity'.  I'm thinking of how long Spanish defenders may be given on the ball, as well as the frequency of dead balls and crosses delivered into the box. I presume you have different criteria. 

I don't think I am. It's ideal but not vital, certainly when you have the money they do to employ nannies. I think you're underestimating the role of a good nanny.

And please also bear in mind that Albentosa can afford to fly over to Spain whenever he wants, maybe even in his own plane. It really isn't that far away at all when you're on a footballers wage. 

I can see that going well for a footballer... "Hey gaffer, I know we have training every day and a game most weekends... but I'm just gonna head home to Spain for a few days... Okay? Byyyyyyeeeeeee"

I guess it depends on how you define footballing 'intensity'.  I'm thinking of how long Spanish defenders may be given on the ball, as well as the frequency of dead balls and crosses delivered into the box. I presume you have different criteria. 

The criterion used in my example was comparing Real vs Barca to Derby vs Blackburn.

The criterion used in my example was comparing Real vs Barca to Derby vs Blackburn.

Naaa in All seriousness i watch highlights of the Spanish games weekly, and in general i have found the whole feel for the game to be more intense. Speeds of the Build up play to goals/ Passing/  Movement off the ball etc.

Saying that, i only see the main highlights of the matches, so i don't have much of a leg to stand on lol.

Ah well that's where you are going wrong then.  Real vs Barca being one of the most bitter and intense rivalries in world football, is hardly typical of the intensity of La Liga in general. I think that point is beyond dispute.

I can see that going well for a footballer... "Hey gaffer, I know we have training every day and a game most weekends... but I'm just gonna head home to Spain for a few days... Okay? Byyyyyyeeeeeee"

Yes when you have a lot of money you can do that. It only takes 2 hours. Get your own jet and it's like driving from Derby to York. He could go a couple of times a week no problem. 

He'd spend a few days wages in fuel, but I reckon he'll be in £10 k a week if not more.

Ah well that's where you are going wrong then.  Real vs Barca being one of the most bitter and intense rivalries in world football, is hardly typical of the intensity of La Liga in general. I think that point is beyond dispute.

That post was tongue in cheek good sir. :)

Yes when you have a lot of money you can do that. It only takes 2 hours. Get your own jet and it's like driving from Derby to York. He could go a couple of times a week no problem. 

He'd spend a few days wages in fuel, but I reckon he'll be in £10 k a week if not more.

Dude... Even a cheap private jet (one which will get you to Spain and back once a week) is like £10m minimum... Footballer's make a LOT but not THAT much... Plus fuel AND paying a full time Pilot?

Alternatively you could rent a private jet... at (thanks google) approx £2k per hour... Think a single trip to Spain and back would do for his weekly wage...

PLUS what kind of life is that? A miserable one... HENCE moving back and being right back on not being happy here...

Lets be honest about this, the bloke had played well in la liga for half a season. How many players have half a good season in the prem but then not carried it on and fell away never to be seen again? This isn't someone who has spent hoscareer in the top flight he had been in the lower divisions which are not that strong. For whatever reason be it he wasn't good enough, he missed his family or the food tasted different it didn't work here so instead of letting it drag on all parties have gone their separate ways. 

Dude... Even a cheap private jet (one which will get you to Spain and back once a week) is like £10m minimum... Footballer's make a LOT but not THAT much... Plus fuel AND paying a full time Pilot?

Alternatively you could rent a private jet... at (thanks google) approx £2k per hour... Think a single trip to Spain and back would do for his weekly wage...

PLUS what kind of life is that? A miserable one... HENCE moving back and being right back on not being happy here...

Ah I thought they were to buy not rent but the point still stands. How much is your batwing? If I felt it was absolutely necessary to drive from Derby to York once a week  or equivalent distance because I missed my parents so much I would not be remotely miserable  about it, especially when I considered the thousands of pounds that were piling up in my bank account. I would have to remind myself that I'm a grown man though, maybe splash some water over my face and tell myself to snap out of it.

Seriously, what's with the woe is Raul routine? He can go if he wants, I'm not stopping him. But he came to do a job and made a hash of it. He was a failure. And as far as we're aware it's no ones fault but his.

Archived