Derby County v Bournemouth

PrivateDerby

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bournemouth will be a completely different proposition to Bolton. Just heard Mac on Rams Player saying he regards them as one of the most difficult opponents this season. I totally agree. They play football, have an astute manager and VERY fast forwards.

On our game we are better than anyone BUT we will need to be right on our game. Possibly a need for Mascarell in place of Johnnie boy purely for the mobility. In Mac I trust however.

..........................................Grant.........................................

Christie..............Keogh.................Whitbread.............Forsyth

.......................................Mascarell.....................................

.............Bryson................................................Hughes

Ward..................................Martin.............................Ibe

Subs: Roos - Russell - Eustace - Shotton - Best - Naylor.

Not a bad side & bench for saying we have Dawkins, Thorne, Hendrick & Coutts out.

If want to be in this Rams team you have to play really well and not relax otherwise the Genius with the Brolly will be sending your replacement on. Great squad ethic and desire to pull in the same direction will take Derby on a very long unbeaten run barring missing three good goal scoring chances and diabolical refereeing.

Until Bucko gets fit, this is the team but Bryson will not want Hendrick breathing down his neck for his place. Bad news for opposition teams with so many capable players trying to get off the Rams' bench and prove a point when you have been chasing the Rams' first eleven around for 60 mins. You play a different game when you know that you are only going to get 60 minutes. If Bryson goes off after 60 mins and Hendrick comes at you for the last 30 mins it may feel like a bad day at the office. First time that Derby had a second eleven so near to the standard of the first eleven. Could Derby's second eleven avoid relegation from the Chapionship if no major injuries? I think that maybe they could with a bit of recourse to the U21s

If This team scored five against any of about fifteen teams in this league no Derby fan would be shocked by it. So much attacking potential especially In last 30 mins of games. Derby look very fit now and full of confidence. They simply expect to win their matches. They know they will get chances. Issue is will they put them away?

This one will not be easy persay, but we are clearly the more quality side and should get the win.  Bournemouth form in their last five is: D,L,D,W,W,.  So they are starting to play a little bit better, and getting some confidence I am sure as well. Right now they sit at 14th in the table on 12 points. Granted, those wins came against Wigan and Cardiff who have been poor so far this season.

When looking at their squad, it is quite obvious who their best player is. Callum Wilson.  He has bagged five goals so far this season, and is a very good young player with tremendous pace.  I would say he is just as fast as Ibe, or even faster when he gets going.  Defintely one we have to mark and keep an eye on.  Another threat they have is Kermogant to go with Wilson.  Although he does not have quite the speed Wilson does, he is deceptive at times and has some skill.  And like him or hate him, Howe has worked wonders with the Cherries and they seem to play really well as a team.

In regards to the starting xi, not any changes really should be made for the most par except one.  Only one I would not mind seeing is Omar for Eustace because he has better pace to keep up with Wilson and Kermogant. However, if Mac does go with John that will be fine too. Hendrick is a possibility to be on the bench as well for this one, but do not see him playing.

With all this being said, I will be dissapointed with anything less than a win, but we have to play with enthusiasm all 90 minutes or Bournemouth could surprise and take a point back home.

i think we'll be unbeaten til christmas

As much as I would like to believe the same thing, I see no way that happens tbh. We will play Wolves, Watford,Boro, and Norwich between now and Christmas.  Not saying it is impossible, but I just do not see it.  With that being said, with our current form and if we can keep it up I can see us being on top of the table by then or very much neck to neck with Norwich in second. We will see.

For us to lose a home game this season it's going to take an extremely poor display or a controversial decision from the referee.

That's not speaking in an arrogant way, just pointing out that we are one of the division's best footballing sides who are naturally going to dominate at home.

As bad as that Ipswich home display was, we weren't actually 'that bad' and we certainly had our chances to score more goals. I wouldn't be surprised if that's as poor as we play at home all season.

Having said all that, watch Bournemouth come to town and roll us over 0-2 in a similar manner to us at Bolton today.

Only thing is ....its timewasting, cheating, feigning injury master....eddie howe.

In interviews he comes across as the sort of guy you'd find helping old ladies cross roads. Creep.

He's moaning, dirty, cynical cnut that admittedly plays quite tidy stuff in between cheating.

That Burnley game was the worst time wasting I've ever seen. And he then had the cheek to call that free kick that Martin scored soft. If anyone has had their share of soft free kicks at the iPride Pro Park in association with ETS Tyres Ltd then it's this Boy Scout,

In interviews he comes across as the sort of guy you'd find helping old ladies cross roads. Creep.

He's moaning, dirty, cynical cnut that admittedly plays quite tidy stuff in between cheating.

That Burnley game was the worst time wasting I've ever seen. And he then had the cheek to call that free kick that Martin scored soft. If anyone has had their share of soft free kicks at the iPride Pro Park in association with ETS Tyres Ltd then it's this Boy Scout,

He helps old ladies across the road ..........whilst lifting their purses.

Archived