Johnny Russell

Ramchope

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say one more week. I wish the club would just clear everything up. The most disorganised transfer I have ever seen.

It's not disorganised at all. Derby clearly didn't want it leaking into the tabloids before he was back from holiday. Some big mouth in Scotland let it slip after Derby had said please keep it quiet.

(The reason derby keep it quiet is so Celtic don't piss on our parade).

Now it is out Derby are trying to cover it over and say we haven't had a bid accepted is so that we do not make other teams aware of the coop we have just got.

It seems last night we were working through the final details and sorting the red tape of the contract out.

I wish people would stop getting in a tizzy over lazy journalism from some Scottish newspaper journalists with a strong Scottish bias trying to big up the possibility of Russell signing for Celtic.

Their agenda is to promote Scottish football and to promote Celtic - Russell is regarded as one of the best players up there, they will say ANYTHING they can to try to influence where he ends up.

Conducting a fan survey to see how highly the Celtic fans rate Russell? That will have been designed to make sure Celtic bid for him, and to make Russell think that he'll be an immediate hit, and besides how can they not sign him when there's a demand from the fans? Saying that they're favourites and in pole position despite them never actually having made a bid?

Nothing printed in the papers should ever influence a player's decision but unfortunately sometimes it does - It's mindgames from people who don't really have any business playing mindgames, sticking their noses in to try to influence an outcome.

Granted, he might decide not to come here, but react to that when it happens, stop giving lazy, biased bloody journalists control of your emotions!

One hour, it is accepted, the next is not, the next talks are on-going and in the end he signs for Celtic. Pretty disorganised!

That's the media spouting ****** every 5 minutes contradicting each other, you can't blame the club for that. Behind the scenes it may have all gone through smoothly. Don't believe everything you read.

Said on RD this morning that Russell would like to play abroad but our bid is higher than the Italian clubs

Hope this does not end up like another Kenny Miller fiasco, he didn't really want to come to us and it showed.

I really wonder why people think that it's something to get worked up about. 

I can't say I'm that bothered myself - if Russell has any sense he will stall until he finds out whether or not Celtic come in for him before even talking to Derby. For goodness sake, how on Earth are Derby supposed to be able to offer him anything better than playing in the Champions League? There will be other strikers.

As far as the numerous and predictable "What are Derby pi$$ing about at, why is it taking so long, booooo Clough out" posts are concerned - as has already been said, it is not Football Manager. If it was, he would have gone to Ssausagehorpe two clicks ago.

How when he's on holiday? Would need to do a medical, be shown around the club etc. it's not a video game with a couple of clicks he's signed

I believe it when he has a scarf over his head with the new Derby shirt on.

I believe it when he has a scarf over his head with the new Derby shirt on.

Believe what?

I'm not saying he will sign for us, if Celtic are interested and make a bid then we have no chance, but when you can't say

"I wish the club would just clear everything up. The most disorganised transfer I have ever seen."

based purely on media speculation.

Chill out, untwist those knickers, stick the kettle and Take That on as nothing will happen till he gets back

"Based purely on media speculation"

No on based on media speculation, based on what is actually happening! We the fans are being informed the wrong information by people close to the club i.e. Steve Nicholson, Owen Bradley etc.  

"Based purely on media speculation"

No on based on media speculation, based on what is actually happening! We the fans are being informed the wrong information by people close to the club i.e. Steve Nicholson, Owen Bradley etc.  

How do you know what is actually happening, all Nicholson and Bradley are reporting is what the club are telling them, that doesn't mean that bids are being accepted, rejected, accepted like you think.

Somebody mentioned it earlier, Sammon was spotted at Pride Park a couple of days before he signed, the club said he was visiting mates, then he signs.

You said you will believe it when you see him with a scarf above his head yes? well ignore everything you read or hear unless it's on the official site with that scarf.

There was a Derby County before Johnny Russell and there will be a Derby County after Johnny Russell, if he signs great, if not move on to other players.

I am not being funny but this is a forum and it would be a very boring place if we all ignored everything as we would not know as much because many media outlets are put onto this thread so there would be nothing to talk about.

I dont know what people are worried about, if we lose out this transfer window, we have the back up of signing him for double the fee next season, of course if he scores more than one goal for his new club it may be a bit more :ph34r:

Archived