Johnny Russell

Ramchope

Who knows? They have other targets? They dont think he is that good? He won't suit their style of play? They don't need another striker? They can't afford him... Also, we don't know exactly who's in for him. Celtic are interested. Cantania put a bid in. Reading have previously shown interest. And according to their owner 'another Championship club are interested.'

Just asking, was listening to Radio Derby at 6 tonight with the BBC Scotland correspondent on saying that Rush and the Dundee United chairman have a verbal agreement on the sale of Russell, Radio Derby seemed to think that this was therefore done and dusted and now just down to the player.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

might b a couple of weeks before any sort of deal is fully complete, as Russell is in Tenerife and will obviously have to do a medical if he agrees deal! How much do u reckon he would be on a week at derby?

Not a lot

Just asking, was listening to Radio Derby at 6 tonight with the BBC Scotland correspondent on saying that Rush and the Dundee United chairman have a verbal agreement on the sale of Russell, Radio Derby seemed to think that this was therefore done and dusted and now just down to the player.

Yeah, sounds promising. Still we can remain paranoid until he signs on the dotted line...

might b a couple of weeks before any sort of deal is fully complete, as Russell is in Tenerife and will obviously have to do a medical if he agrees deal! How much do u reckon he would be on a week at derby?

My guess would be £8k per week.

Bid rejected??? Yanks out!!

I refuse to believe any of this until a Dundde Utd fan comes on here, makes a really long post saying that he is joining us, and telling us just how good he is and how much they will miss him.

And then all you arselickers will give the guy 15+ likes.

United fan in peace here.

Have watched johnny ever since he's graduated from the youth system at tannadice. Brief summary of him. He a quick and nippy player, capable of playing on the wing as well. Very energetic and never gives up, no exaggeration. Has a good leap on him as well, can reach some height. Has a very good attitude and has rapidly improved in a short amount of time. Closest player he is like is maybe Shaun Maloney. He's very different to goodie and not a target man. He feeds off players very agile. Will b sad to see him go. If he's showing the same attitude as he has done at tannadice, no way he will go to Celtic. He knows he is better than Celtic standard or will b in a couple of years.

Now thats what I'm talking about!!

Only 4 likes though.

Yeah, sounds promising. Still we can remain paranoid until he signs on the dotted line...

Just sounds too good to be true....if the 2 clubs have agreed a verbal offer then surely someone can still come in and gazump the deal?

That Derby itk twitter account is run by a first class bellend. One moment he was saying the third bid was just 'paper talk' half an hour later when sky and BBC started reporting the deal he piped up saying a bid has been accepted.  

Sad fookin loser.

We still haven't seen enough of Bennett, isn't he having one more year in the under 21s?

Brilliant signing! No more fannying about inside the box... Hughes to Sammon, through ball to Russell, he shoots...... g g g g g gooooooaaaaal

He better sign.

True, I said the same thing a bit disappointed not to see more of him through the season, I always thought that he would play well up top with Sammon little and large strike force!

True, I said the same thing a bit disappointed not to see more of him through the season, I always thought that he would play well up top with Sammon little and large strike force!

really? wouldnt mind getting rid of bennett to be honest, he's going out on loan i reckon

Archived