Johnny Russell

Ramchope

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11794/8756616/Transfer-news-Derby-leading-the-race-for-Dundee-United-s-Johnny-Russell

Dundee United are close to agreeing a fee with Derby County for the sale of Johnny Russell and they hope the deal will reach a 'speedy conclusion'.

The Tannadice club have already revealed they are ready to sell Russell and they are considering a move to bring back David Goodwillie from Blackburn Rovers as a replacement.

Celtic and Italian side Catania have been linked with Russell as a result but Championship side Derby appear to be leading the race.

United boss Jackie McNamara said in the Daily Record: "I think the club are getting closer to agreeing a fee with Derby for Johnny.

"If they agree, it will then be down to the player. There's been a lot of speculation and I think it would be good if it were to be brought to a speedy conclusion."

Sounds like if Celtic are interested, they haven't got long to mount a bid...

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be too worried if I was Celtic, in the event that Hooper was to leave, they can probably cope for a season without his goals, they could just as easily play Commons up front. It's not as though they have many teams competiting with them for the title for a couple of seasons, and its not as though their going to win the champions league.

I wouldn't be suprised if we signed Russell and if Hooper was to leave we'd see Celtic being linked to someone like Goodwillie.

Neither do Derby County.

Ha ha,

Where have you been? When was the last time Forest or Leeds where in the Premier? We offer the chance of Premier league football just the same as most teams in the Championship if not more...

We have the ground, the fans, the training facilities and to be fair the backing of a CEO who is fighting tooth and nail to bring exactly what he promises to the club.

We are everything a premier league team is without the status at the moment. next year is the year and a lot of you WUM'S are going to be eting humble pie.

We have the ground, the fans, the training facilities and to be fair the backing of a CEO who is fighting tooth and nail to bring exactly what he promises to the club.

We are everything a premier league team is without the status at the moment. next year is the year and a lot of you WUM'S are going to be eting humble pie.

It sounds like bla bla bla for me at the moment.

So you are suggesting we will be in EPL in a year time? It is a stupid brave suggestion tbh. 

It sounds like bla bla bla for me at the moment.

So you are suggesting we will be in EPL in a year time? It is a stupid brave suggestion tbh. 

Are you really shooting people down for saying our own team has a good chance of being promoted?!?!

I've heard of glass half empty/full

Are you the glass smashed and I fell on it and died?

About as stupid as saying we have the same chance of being in the premier league as celtic, fancy a bet on who makes it first

Bullshit. I did not say we have the same chance of being in the premier league as celtic. All i said is we can't offer EPL football TO RUSSELL. Neither do Celtic.

Archived