Johnny Russell

Ramchope

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dundee Utd have to accept a bid before he can officially (cough cough) discuss terms so he cant say yes or no to any club until a bids actually accepted.....

Not quite - the club have to give permission for the player and buying club to talk to each other. Doesn't mean they have to accept the bid for this permission to be given.

Fair point but if they allow permission to talk then the selling club lose the stronger hand as the player can then try to force a move if he has already agreed

I also think most clubs are also savy to our bidding style now starting low and adding

I hope if we do sign him we make sure he gets fit. Scottish players are not used to the week in, week out intensity of the Championship and need to be prepared to do the hard work which enables them to help the side, not just score goals. I think we saw in Maguire a player who wasn't ready for the step up.

I must admit I am quite excited about Russell and I hope it happens. Soon.

Steve Nicholson@SNicholsonDT39s

Russell latest: Talks continue, no second bid (I'm told there wasn't a first bid) and the figure of £1.25m is nonsense #dcfc #dcfcfans

I fully expect the next headline to be "rams continue to chase James Vaughan" - ie message to Dundee - we don't have to sign your player, we have other options and at the moment nobody else has shown a serious interest in your player despite your best efforts to start a bidding way

Archived