Derby County v Watford

froggg

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My description of Coutts was pretty much spot on, plenty of sideways passing, gives the ball away often yet attempts many surging runs with the ball similar to Pearson.. Although he seems more effective than that donkey..

But don't choose games to try and make a point.. Coutts was crap at Bolton but I nevr said 'I told you so'

I could easily tell you that Tyson is an amazing striker and finisher, g and watch that Man City game.. Or Bob Malcom is as good as Lee Carsley in the DM role, watch his debut away a Wolves.

Delighted we won but we won't have an easier game all season.. I remember beating Palace 5-0 the other season where Brayford was literally a league above, he's never replicated the same performance.. For our sake let's hope yesterday wasn't Coutts best game of the season.

You said he 'offers no attacking threat' and compared him to Thirlwell. Everyone who has watched him, disagrees and still you can carry on. You said he attacks less than Bailey. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

You said he 'offers no attacking threat' and compared him to Thirlwell. Everyone who has watched him, disagrees and still you can carry on. You said he attacks less than Bailey. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

On the matchday chat thread yesterday when we went 5-0 up. Several of us noticed the gentleman living in Mexico had left the room. We had a little bit of a giggle, especially remembering the crap he'd come out with the week before when he told everyone we'd lost the game at 75 minutes.

We also wondered what he would say after such a drubbing.

My money was on we wont face an easier game or a poorer team all season.

I've got him on permanent ignore but maybe someone could confirm what reason he gave us for yesterdays win?

On the matchday chat thread yesterday when we went 5-0 up. Several of us noticed the gentleman living in Mexico had left the room. We had a little bit of a giggle, especially remembering the crap he'd come out with the week before when he told everyone we'd lost the game at 75 minutes.

We also wondered what he would say after such a drubbing.

My money was on we wont face an easier game or a poorer team all season.

I've got him on permanent ignore but maybe someone could confirm what reason he gave us for yesterdays win?

Pretty much what you guessed. Apparently Coutts is now a negative midfielder 'with the odd surge'.

This a good game, quoting players on one game.. I'll continue

Tyson has worldclass finishing ability.. Watch his goal against Man City

Hendrick is the best passer in the league.. Watch his pass for Wards goal vs Pompey last season

Van Persie is **** at penalties.. Watch his penalty today vs Southampton

Your turn mate

Hendrick is the best passer in the league.. Watch his pass for Wards goal vs Pompey last season

Your turn mate

I love your twisting and turning. I argued with you about Coutts weeks ago as you well know. You wrote him off as a negative player before he had played a game for us then have blatant cheek to accuse me of judging him on one game. He seemed more attacking than that at the time, from when I had seen him play and from clips. In every game he has played for us he hasn't been negative. He has played better in some games than in others, but cannot be seriously compared to Thirlwell and is definitely a more attacking player than Bailey. He had more shots against Ssausagehorpe than Bailey had in a season. He has 3 or 4 assists in 5 games.

Your turn, old bean.

Your turn mate

nice one bertie

pity you missed the watford goal yesterday

you were happy to judge coutts without really knowing anything about him - laughable

only eclipsed by your failure to admit you may have been hasty. or worse - wrong.

Your turn mate

Bris, I appreciate the point you're making. People are way too quick to jump on you and aren't doing themselves any favours.

But sometims, there is more grace and respect to be earned by admitting when you got it slightly wrong. Coutts may turn out to be rubbish for us, but based on his performances so far, I have to say, your comparisons with Pearson, Thirlwell and Parker (actually that may have been someone else) are a little wide of the mark. He can dribble, pass forwards, and create something out of nothing. None of these players have proved they can do that in any game in their careers.

If you want to call him poor, a poor man's Cywka may be more accurate. But I've seen enough to say even if he is crap eventually, he is neither negative or anything like Stephen Pearson.

Bris, I appreciate the point you're making. People are way too quick to jump on you and aren't doing themselves any favours.

But sometims, there is more grace and respect to be earned by admitting when you got it slightly wrong. Coutts may turn out to be rubbish for us, but based on his performances so far, I have to say, your comparisons with Pearson, Thirlwell and Parker (actually that may have been someone else) are a little wide of the mark. He can dribble, pass forwards, and create something out of nothing. None of these players have proved they can do that in any game in their careers.

If you want to call him poor, a poor man's Cywka may be more accurate. But I've seen enough to say even if he is crap eventually, he is neither negative or anything like Stephen Pearson.

I don't think people are jumping on the ridiculous comment he made and the way he's state opinions as fact without a shred of evidence. The failure to admit a mistake or just not comment any further, I find rather amusing.

I don't think people are jumping on the ridiculous comment he made and the way he's state opinions as fact without a shred of evidence. The failure to admit a mistake or just not comment any further, I find rather amusing.

Bris has very entrenched, strong views on the way football should be played, influenced greatly by the culture he lives and has fallen in love with. That's at odds with a lot of us. Mexico is a world away from Mickleover.

We all have our different personalities don't we, and Bris likes to tie his colours to the mast on issues and it's difficult to take them down. The best way to deal with that would be for people to have a little more grace in their response. Slowly slowly catchy monkey and all that.

Although there's a part of Bris that loves to bite back too so I've just wasted my time writing that probably. Maybe. I dunno.

I love your twisting and turning. I argued with you about Coutts weeks ago as you well know. You wrote him off as a negative player before he had played a game for us then have blatant cheek to accuse me of judging him on one game. He seemed more attacking than that at the time, from when I had seen him play and from clips. In every game he has played for us he hasn't been negative. He has played better in some games than in others, but cannot be seriously compared to Thirlwell and is definitely a more attacking player than Bailey. He had more shots against Ssausagehorpe than Bailey had in a season. He has 3 or 4 assists in 5 games.

Your turn, old bean.

I judged him from games I'd seen of him over the past season.. Not on one game, like you are doing.. But please, tell me I'm wrong once again, tell me how good a player he is based on one performance..

What do you describe as negative play? I describe it as shying away, passing sideways/backwards, not looking up or looking to create space for others.. I mentioned before regarding Bailey, despite being deep lying midfielder, he has a rare talent that many NPC midfielders don't have and that is that he can lift his head and pick out a forward pass.. Something I've rarely seen Coutts do.

But he did it once other twice vs Watford so that makes statement true.. Just like when I say we have a poor mentality late on in games so we go and score a late equaliser for the first time in years therefore that fact can now be brushed under the carpet.. Right?

More shots than Bailey did in a season? Ok boss.

Archived