Mcfarlands Bar

ramexpat

Derby reveal the 'McFarland’s Bar @ The Pedigree Suite' in honour of legendary ex-player

Derby County have made the decision to honour popular ex-Rams defender and manager Roy McFarland this summer.

The Rams will be naming the Pedigree Suite Bar in the South West Corner of Pride Park Stadium, which is exclusively open for season ticket holders, ‘McFarland’s Bar @ The Pedigree Suite’ in time for the first game of the npower Championship season 2012-13 season on Saturday 18th August against Sheffield Wednesday.

[url=http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/derby-honour-mcfarland-290037.aspx]http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/derby-honour-mcfarland-290037.aspx

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shouldnt we have named it after Paul Mcgrath?

Why? Roy was a better player and Paul was only with us for a season. Its difficult to imagine for some but Roy McFarland was one of the best defenders in the world, possible a shade behind Bobby Moore and Franz Beckenbauer.

What a difference an A makes!

Let's hope THEY get the spelling right. He is Macfarland and has probably had to spend a lifetime correcting folk who insist on missing out the a.

I speak as one who has always had to correct people who spelt my name as Steven and not the correct way as Stephen. In my case I now usually just put Steve.

We don't want to upset the great man do we?

Nice one Roy Mac!

Super that they are honouring Roy. The man deserves it. Some player in his prime. A true legend of our club. The word legend is thrown around too liberally these days to players who dont always deserve the acolade. No such worries with Roy McFarland.

Steve I have looked everywhere obvious and its McFarland I see. Never MacFarland.

Why? Roy was a better player and Paul was only with us for a season. Its difficult to imagine for some but Roy McFarland was one of the best defenders in the world, possible a shade behind Bobby Moore and Franz Beckenbauer.

Much debate over the years on this...better than Stimac would you say Uttox?

Archived