The Olympics Thread

-JW-

Beach volleyball.

You'd think if the gals are jumping around in bikinis, the guys would be wearing their lil speedo's. Wrong, they have to wear sensible shorts & vests.

Sexist, that's what that is.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My daughter's there this morning - been looking for her but all they show are Chinese and Turkish fans (I wonder why), her fathers recording it - so he can have a good look for her later (yeah right).

She went to the mens basketball last night - got to their rooms about one - then up at five this morning.

She'll be a ray of sunshine when she gets home tonight.... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

ETA; He'll be a bit disappointed that it's just volleyball and not beach volleyball she's gone to see. Hahaha.

They've got a silver! Japanese lodged a complaint though because of cheering from the British crowd when their gymnast failed the dismount on the horse.

edit - It's actually because he landed the dismount but f'd up the process they usually have to go through. Could knock us down to bronze and Ukraine into 4th.

Call me cynical but I can't help thinking that if that cock up had happened on either the 1st or 2nd rotation, then they wouldn't have protested the score. It's not done for Japan to finish 4th so of course they're going to protest, but like I said, call me cynical.

Don't blame the crowd for booing, we woz robbed of a silver!

But, getting a bronze has proved impossible for us for the past 100 years, so a great big hearty well done to GB. Still got the individual events too so might nick a couple more 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Archived