The Olympics Thread

-JW-

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Mo Farah and Jessica Ennis had pressure with all the hopes of a nation expecting them to get gold, but the whole world (maybe not the Yanks but what do they know) expected Bolt and boy did he deliver.

Many a young child will be doing the 'bolt' sign.

Number one all day every day!

What is the 'ultimate' time for 100metres, 9.58 is the record i reckon it will be physically impossible for anyone now, and anyone in the future, to go under 9.3.

You obviously did not used to listen to Mike Parry on Talk Sport who said that as the world record is always being beaten they will be a time in the future when the 100m would be run in 1 second. I think Alan Brazil is still laughing.

What is the 'ultimate' time for 100metres, 9.58 is the record i reckon it will be physically impossible for anyone now, and anyone in the future, to go under 9.3.

Some reckon that only the natural progression of man (taller,faster,stronger) will be the only way that anyone will be able to beat Bolts record as he's a pretty much purpose built machine.

Could just be hype and excitement though. But it might just last until he's looking at kids saying "fook me kids have got it all nowadays!"

Archived