Best concerts you ever saw

Cisse

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have to rename this thread to Best Concerts You Never Saw - cos as much as I love music, I've never been to a concert. If Jackson had lived and done London, I'd have gone to that but he had to peg it didn't he? Bloody hell.

I'd have to rename this thread to Best Concerts You Never Saw - cos as much as I love music, I've never been to a concert. If Jackson had lived and done London, I'd have gone to that but he had to peg it didn't he? Bloody hell.

You have never been in a concert ? How is that possible ? Hey Dav, perhaps you should arrange something. Wink wink.

End of May 1967 Spalding Festival.

Cost of entry £1 (one English pound sterling)

Ist on stage Pink Floyd

Sounds Force Five (a local Spalding group)

Zoot Money

Geno Washington & the Ram Jam Band

Move

Cream

Jimi Hendrix.

I got to the front pressed against the stage (which was just a raised platform about a foot high and stood there for about 8 hours. seemed like a few minutes.

Not a bad way to spend a Bank Holiday Monday!

http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/Barbeque-67-poster-big

http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/spalding-experience

Yes I was at the performance when Keith passed out. Roger said "Gotta stop for a bit, our drummer's just died!" and poured a pint of ale over him (soft drinks only for the rest of us!)

. The Who performed "Tommy" at Mothers in March 1969. Later in the same year they returned for another gig. After about an hour or so Keith Moon actually passed out and fell prostrate to the floor at the end of "Magic Bus". He was taken backstage where he had water thrown over him and after a short period of recovery he went back onstage to take his place behind the drums.

http://www.funtrivia.com/en/subtopics/The-Legendary-Mothers-Club-Birmingham-UK-324968.html

You have never been in a concert ? How is that possible ? Hey Dav, perhaps you should arrange something. Wink wink.

It's not that I've never had the chance, it's just never materialised. My sis saw Madonna, she was great apparantley. Dav was trying to get me tickets for Jackson when it came on the news he'd died. I tell you, I was gutted cos I'd made my mind up to go to that one.

Mine would be Marilyn Manson believe it or not. Leeds Town & Country 1997.

Incredible showman and was their last good album. I've seen loads of better bands but never such an amazing show.

I also pulled a Yorkshire lass but that honestly has no bearing on it...

Edgar Broughton Band - Kings Hall Derby about 1974, not keen on the band but it was my first live concert and I loved the vibe.

Deep Purple - Coventry Theatre 1975, brill.

Pink Floyd - Knebworth 1975, out to lunch.

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Birmingham Odeon '76 ish, brill,

Led Zeppelin Knebworth '78/79 can't remember was still out to lunch.

Paul McCartney - Wembley 1991 excellent.

Paul McCartney - O2 2010 Still got it the old buggar.

I wish I was around to see the gigs of the 70's and 80's. In no particular order.

Iron Maiden - Manchester 2006

Justin Currie - Buxton 2012

Bruce Springsteen - Manchester 2012

Thunder - Sheffield - 2008

None of these will go down in history as classics I am sure. But to me they were inspiring and in some ways life changing.

Archived