London Supporters Club

Asanovic

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in touch with them when we came over, as we travelled up from London on the day, they don't run coaches to any of the games, but they do all get together to watch any of the games that are on TV and they also block book seats on the train to get a discount. Give them a mail, they are sound.

Do they travel to all away games? And what sort of numbers are we talking? Not sure if my current work circumstances will allow me to attend the 7-10 away games I usually try and make, but if by travelling in numbers saves a substantial amount it could well be a considerable option in the future.

Do the club give any help to the supporters clubs? Is there an official list of supporters clubs and do they do anything to try to get their numbers up?

I mean just from reading this thread it seems like there are at least 3 blokes who would get to a game if it proved a cheaper viable option. From london they could do the national express route and pick up on the way?

With us looking at all and any new revenue streams, I wonder if it wouldnt make sense to have someone internal co-ordinating the supporters clubs associations?

Do the club give any help to the supporters clubs? Is there an official list of supporters clubs and do they do anything to try to get their numbers up?

I mean just from reading this thread it seems like there are at least 3 blokes who would get to a game if it proved a cheaper viable option. From london they could do the national express route and pick up on the way?

With us looking at all and any new revenue streams, I wonder if it wouldnt make sense to have someone internal co-ordinating the supporters clubs associations?

I'd definitely join. I go to all Saturday home games, the odd mid week home game and all south away games, and Leeds Leicester and forest.

I see the same faces sat together on the 17.18 to London after a match, not sure if that's the supporters club or not.

Are you a Season Ticket holder Asanovic? That must cost a fortune traveling to every home game.

Yep, got a season ticket, and yep it costs a fortune. Luckily I still qualify for a 16 - 25 railcard (last year though!), and try to use megabus/megatrain where I can - got up to Leeds a couple of seasons ago for £8. Got family in Derby too so I try and tie it in.

I live near Blackheath so not 'too' far from you East Kent Ram.

I was in touch with the London supporters club a while ago. Think they are probably a nice bunch of guys but, at least then, it seemed to be a small group. They have a website I think but they could use social media to attract a much bigger following and arrange events. I'm pretty sure when Derby are playing in London, Tom Glick could be persuaded to maybe do a fans forum etc.

Archived