What happens when and if we become sustainable

i84est

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd just like to go on record saying I understand the plan. I know they're trying to do the right thing.

Unfortunately nobody else plays fair and I fear we'll get left behind because I have bugger all faith in any FFP.

Bit like a kid queuing nicely for his dinner at school while everyone else just pushes in. He might have done the right thing but he'll be hungry

Rangers and Pompey spent fortunes. Absolute buckets.

It's scare mongering tactic used by Tom Glick.

But you won't have to worry about doing a Pompey. That will certainly not happen with this board. You won't have to worry about doing a Blackpool or a WBA either.

Really?

This league is so tight. I think it's remiss to say we certainly won't get promoted under this board - if that's what you're alluding to, it wasn't clear.

Also, we did spend a fair bit of money in the Premiership - infact we bled money on **** players (and some good ones), particularly in the first stint in the Premiership. Have we ever recovered from that, financially? Probably not, and this is the first administration since then that are committed to getting us on an even keel. Maybe not as much as Portsmouth or Rangers (although how much have they spent? I don't have any clue), but enough.

We become the only club in the football league that's got balanced books. We enjoy trips to Chesterfield and Dagenham. And laugh at teams spending millions to win European Cups and English titles.

"Ha! Look at them fools with their £10m signings losing a CL final to Bayern Munich! Wait until the FFP kicks in properly"

.-Derby fan Steve Smith on his way to league game v Luton. December 2017

Whats wrong with Luton? Thats my home town! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> STILL A RAM!

Bit like a kid queuing nicely for his dinner at school while everyone else just pushes in. He might have done the right thing but he'll be hungry

I think it's a bit more like being a kid at a posh school and your parents don't spend loads of money on you. The fact that all the other kids' parents can't afford to buy the fancy clobber and are living on never-never doesn't matter.

Is there not an incentive to run the club at a loss for tax reasons?

Honest question – I'm no accountant, and don't pretend to understand tax laws but given the majority of clubs seem to run at a loss it seems there must be some logic to it

The logic being that if they throw enough money at it they will reach the promised land?

Any businessperson that puts avoiding tax of making profits needs their head checking!

I'd just like to go on record saying I understand the plan. I know they're trying to do the right thing.

Unfortunately nobody else plays fair and I fear we'll get left behind because I have bugger all faith in any FFP.

Probably the best example I've seen/heard of our situation.. Top notch

Archived