What happens when and if we become sustainable

i84est

What happens when we can operate on a profit because even though we would make money we still need to pay of the debt so will we still be in this position for a long time ie we make a million profit every year it will take about 25 year plus to be debt free.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happens when we can operate on a profit because even though we would make money we still need to pay of the debt so will we still be in this position for a long time ie we make a million profit every year it will take about 25 year plus to be debt free.

The plaza will be bringing millions in by then......

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gjqxtjsgiSc/TqzAm7SDXYI/AAAAAAAADb0/VijvMw55Iu0/s1600/Plaza-Mayor-Madrid

They will undoubtedly in my mind sell us to the highest bidder! and they will be very proud of running probably the first profitable club in the UK, which at this moment seems impossible, some teams obviously get parachute payments and sell a player for a large amount in some cases.

but take away all your variables and still have a revenue that outweighs expenses in this day and age, it's just not possible and our owners are engineering every method possible to make it so, once they have done that. The sports management corporation will sell us to the highest bidder and what happens then, who knows. We have to understand that the FFP will have an effect on anyone coming into buy us...

We become the only club in the football league that's got balanced books. We enjoy trips to Chesterfield and Dagenham. And laugh at teams spending millions to win European Cups and English titles.

"Ha! Look at them fools with their £10m signings losing a CL final to Bayern Munich! Wait until the FFP kicks in properly"

.-Derby fan Steve Smith on his way to league game v Luton. December 2017

We become the only club in the football league that's got balanced books. We enjoy trips to Chesterfield and Dagenham. And laugh at teams spending millions to win European Cups and English titles.

"Ha! Look at them fools with their £10m signings losing a CL final to Bayern Munich! Wait until the FFP kicks in properly"

.-Derby fan Steve Smith on his way to league game v Luton. December 2017

In 2017 I'll still have a team to follow, and I think they'll be in this league or above. I wonder if Portsmouth or Rangers will be in that boat...

But still - make sure you keep spending, keep the folks happy.

We keep selling players to remain sustainable, bringing through youth players and buying from the lower leagues.

This is probably true.

Our foreign owners are going down the route of foreign clubs who dont have the money being raked in.

They invest in youth development, an academy and young starlets furtehr down the pyramid.

Then when the big boys come in, they have to pay miles over the odds for the very best of the scores of decent young players we have been spunking through our academy setup.

This is probably true.

Our foreign owners are going down the route of foreign clubs who dont have the money being raked in.

They invest in youth development, an academy and young starlets furtehr down the pyramid.

Then when the big boys come in, they have to pay miles over the odds for the very best of the scores of decent young players we have been "spunking" through our academy setup.

Are you sure thats the right word?

This is probably true.

Then when the big boys come in, they have to pay miles over the odds for the very best of the scores of decent young players we have been spunking through our academy setup.

and since when have we been any good at getting anyone to pay over the odds for anyone.

We are definitely lidls rather than Harrods

In 2017 I'll still have a team to follow, and I think they'll be in this league or above. I wonder if Portsmouth or Rangers will be in that boat...

But still - make sure you keep spending, keep the folks happy.

Rangers and Pompey spent fortunes. Absolute buckets.

It's scare mongering tactic used by Tom Glick.

But you won't have to worry about doing a Pompey. That will certainly not happen with this board. You won't have to worry about doing a Blackpool or a WBA either.

Archived