2012-13 Captain?

CumbrianRam

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive always found it weird how in football lots people seem to decide captaincy by how good a player is in their position, unlike other sports where its almost all to do with the mental game and organisational qualities of that player.

I know the captain doesn't have that managers role like say cricket but I don't like to see a 'flair' player given it. I feel its like he has it because he is the biggest name in the team not necessarily the best leader.

I think whoever gets it will say what Clough tells em to and it will make very little difference but Bryson seems a good leader type figure to me.

I think Bryson is nailed on but I'd give it Brayford.

I think he more than any other established player epitomises the way we should be playing. (when he's fit) When he's on form he's almost swashbuckling.

It looks like he enjoys his football and I think that enthusiasm rubs off on others.

Bryson is hardly vocal.

And he's a tackle dodger if it looks like it might sting.

It will be him though because he's pretty good and the first name on the team sheet

Personally id go with Fielding. Passionate, experienced the England set up..... and no goalkeeper is shy. Crazy breed

I also went other current player as I really would give it to Bucko yeah this place would go freaking ape **** but he really does sum up Derby and where we are going as a club, not much talent but a hell of alot of effort, in fact that sounds a bit harsh he does exactly what a defender should do and not let the ball pass him!!!

Bucko for captain!!!!

Archived