Lambert resigns to take over at Villa?.

Ramchope

Lots of reports saying Paul Lambert has resigned from Norwich after they refused permission for him to speak with Villa.

Can understand why as Villa are a big club but without money to spend and a fed-up crowd, its not the most attracting draw for a young inexperienced (at Prem level at least) manager. Norwich will be coming down next year I think..

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Lambert would be a quality choice for Villa, however, Lambert is a bit of a mercenary dumps a club straight away when another offer comes along, this is the 4th time... I know he is only trying to better himself, but as a Villa fan I'd be a bit worried that he is always looking for the quickest exit out the door.

Lambert has turned the worst professional footballer I have ever seen into an almost England striker in Grant Holt, although I'd laugh if Villa signed him... got rid of Heskey and pull in grant holt 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> that is if of course the earth actually decides not to piss around with the laws of science which means he can't pull off a season like he just has done 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

With Martinez deciding to stay at Wigan will this mean a return to Norwich for Steve Bruce ?

Norwich can't be surprised at Lambert because the ink was barely dry on his Colchester contract when he upped and offed for them. What comes around etc etc.

Big potential in Aston Villa but he could have made Norwich quite a big club if he added to the squad, certainly he could have made them as big as Villa. It's a shame he has gone and I hope Norwich replace him adequately.

Confirmed officially on Norwich website, think thats a poor move for him Villa are going backwards and Norwich are going forward as a club. Money grabbing jock.

Agreed, very poor move. Like what YR said, I think Norwich has the potential to match Villa.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7788724/Lambert-offers-resignation

Norwich City have announced that Paul Lambert has offered his resignation amid reports linking him with the vacant managerial post at Aston Villa.

The Canaries have not accepted Lambert's offer, while it is understood that his representatives are meeting with Villa Park officials on Thursday.

Villa are in the market for a new boss after parting with Alex McLeish's services at the end of a forgettable 2011/12 campaign.

They are believed to have identified Lambert, who has taken Norwich from League One to the Premier League during his time at Carrow Road, as the leading candidate to fill their coaching void.

Norwich have rejected his resignation

if you were an owner would you want a person in the most powerful position in your club that didnt want to be there,

they are probably holding out for a better offer in compensation and fair play to them, thats all contracts are for in football these days

Archived