Should Jailed McCormick be allowed to play again

ramexpat

I'm of the opinion that if you have alcohol at all, don't get behind the wheel of a car. Just don't do it.

I used to drink like a fish in my youth, now if I have half a lager I feel pi55ed. So I think just because the law says have 2 pints and you're fine, this isn't necessarily the case.

I have no sympathy for him and like the parents, he's got to live with what he did. I hope he's suffering, just like they are.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes I think you should engage your brain before typing Bris.

He was twice over the legal limit, and was going over 70, which is the speed limit.

I'm not one to judge if the sentence is long enough or any morals, but to justify it by saying he was only speeding is a bit naive or just trying to get people to bite.

The fact he was downing shots n chose to drive, meant he was putting other people at risk, this is why u are not allowed to do it, if you have driven over the limit at over 70 mph, then I hope u get caught and banned before u do any damage to anyone.

You do realise that 'twice over the limit' is only 3 pints don't you? When it says he was twice over the limit, I don't know how much he had drunk, but I know mnay people that have had a few pints then jumped into their car and drove home afterwards.. Does it make it right? Of course not.. But many people do it and they don't realise what can happen..

You do realise that 90% of the people drive over 70mph on the motorway don't you? Speeding on a motorway is normal, this shouldn't be down to alcohol making him do it, most drive over 70mph on a motorway..

You do realise that a carcrash at over 70mph is likely to result in death don't you? Again, no excuses, but a death on a motorway from a carcrash is what is expected..

I'm not defending him at all... But I think there is a reason why he wasn't given a longer sentence.. I think his situation is rather different to one driving 70mph in a 30 zone smashed out of his face..

People who have driver's license are old enough and educated on the subject to know that alcohol takes it toll in driving and also on other things. They just think it is fine when I'm doing it.

Other thing is that people who are guilty of drunk driving tend to get caught again and again. At least here.

Okay enough of me ranting. Won't take part anymore on this subject.

He is technically not a free man, he has been released, however will be under licence until his full sentance is up - just to clear up the legalise.

Personnally he should have had 2 life sentances and 1 for attempted murder, that is the only justice that can be seen to be fit when someone knowingly gets into a car after they know they are over the legal alcohol limit and drives. It is premeditated murder.

how is it premeditated? the act of driving was yes, but not the act of ending someones life. It was negligent and a massive mistake but to categorize it as murder is simply ludicrous.

This thread is indicative of how we treat our criminals, it is also one of the reasons why we have a 50% reoffending rate along with our gutter of a prison system. The man made an awful error, however his error is one which many in our country make every single day. Driving over the speed limit having drank a bit too much is something that hundreds of thousands do without consequences. Yes he accidently killed two children and that was an awful tragedy which was a result of his mistake, that will be on his shoulders for the rest of his life and rightly so. However to even suggest that the man after serving the time he was told to shouldn't be allowed to come out and go back into his profession is ludicrous. The biggest joke of all is the kind of people who moan about him going back into football, are the ones who would be outraged if he had to go on Job seekers allowance because he couldn't find work.

This thread is indicative of how we treat our criminals, it is also one of the reasons why we have a 50% reoffending rate along with our gutter of a prison system. The man made an awful error, however his error is one which many in our country make every single day. Driving over the speed limit having drank a bit too much is something that hundreds of thousands do without consequences. Yes he accidently killed two children and that was an awful tragedy which was a result of his mistake, that will be on his shoulders for the rest of his life and rightly so. However to even suggest that the man after serving the time he was told to shouldn't be allowed to come out and go back into his profession is ludicrous. The biggest joke of all is the kind of people who moan about him going back into football, are the ones who would be outraged if he had to go on Job seekers allowance because he couldn't find work.

And your post is indicative of the sandal wearing, tree hugging, yoghurt knitting idiots we have making our laws these days.

Why is it wrong for people to be outraged that this arse can consider returning to a privileged occupation, is he too good to retrain at something else and play his football "dahn 'Ackney Marshes" in annonimity ? You are not a parent are you ? I wonder if you would come across as pious if you were.

And your post is indicative of the sandal wearing, tree hugging, yoghurt knitting idiots we have making our laws these days.

Why is it wrong for people to be outraged that this arse can consider returning to a privileged occupation, is he too good to retrain at something else and play his football "dahn 'Ackney Marshes" in annonimity ? You are not a parent are you ? I wonder if you would come across as pious if you were.

It's a shame more of us aren't in charge, look at Sweden, Norway and a lot of scandanavia is thriving because of 'tree huggers' like me. I don't wear sandels, knit or eat yoghurt I can assure you of that. I think you can be disgusted by someone but that shouldn't stop someone from returning to a profession. A lot of footballers aren't very bright and didn't excel at school because they focused on the sport. He should be allowed to play football if he wishes and to suggest otherwise to me is just a ridiculous. I also happen to believe very good people are able to perform very bad actions. I am not a father, however if I was and I was outraged then I wouldn't be objective and of course I would be annoyed. The justice system is supposed to be that, not the revenge system.

It's a shame more of us aren't in charge, look at Sweden, Norway and a lot of scandanavia is thriving because of 'tree huggers' like me. I don't wear sandels, knit or eat yoghurt I can assure you of that. I think you can be disgusted by someone but that shouldn't stop someone from returning to a profession. A lot of footballers aren't very bright and didn't excel at school because they focused on the sport. He should be allowed to play football if he wishes and to suggest otherwise to me is just a ridiculous. I also happen to believe very good people are able to perform very bad actions. I am not a father, however if I was and I was outraged then I wouldn't be objective and of course I would be annoyed. The justice system is supposed to be that, not the revenge system.

I disagree strongly with almost everything you said in that post but it was a good post. My hat of for you for feeling like that.

And I know I wasn't supposed to post anymore on the subject but idiot I am I continued to read on. No more.

I disagree strongly with almost everything you said in that post but it was a good post. My hat of for you for feeling like that.

And I know I wasn't supposed to post anymore on the subject but idiot I am I continued to read on. No more.

fair enough cisse 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> This is what I love about forums, we can all express our opinion 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I think teams should be banned from signing players who commit criminal offences whilst they are playing professional football. I say fook 'em they have had their chance find another career. The only time football and crime work together is in schemes for bad lads.

This ***** should be made to pick limbs off roads and carriageways. I hope Cloughie never signs a player that got a criminal record whilst playing, but I don't think he would.

Here's a video to cheer you all up, it's McCormick arriving in Santa Stoke on Trent for his first night behind bars.....

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGIlUUsh0cU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGIlUUsh0cU

You know, watching that video, I feel sick for him when he finds out people have died, that police woman looks sick to the stomach. Then I think, well if he'd have just killed my two children, and maimed my husband - I would want to kill him.

You do realise that 'twice over the limit' is only 3 pints don't you? When it says he was twice over the limit, I don't know how much he had drunk, but I know mnay people that have had a few pints then jumped into their car and drove home afterwards.. Does it make it right? Of course not.. But many people do it and they don't realise what can happen..

You do realise that 90% of the people drive over 70mph on the motorway don't you? Speeding on a motorway is normal, this shouldn't be down to alcohol making him do it, most drive over 70mph on a motorway..

You do realise that a carcrash at over 70mph is likely to result in death don't you? Again, no excuses, but a death on a motorway from a carcrash is what is expected..

I'm not defending him at all... But I think there is a reason why he wasn't given a longer sentence.. I think his situation is rather different to one driving 70mph in a 30 zone smashed out of his face..

Having a few drinks knowing you have to drive back down the motorway is stupid though. The slight mistake on a motorway can cause a pile up. I agree with what you're saying with regards to the speed limit, but to drink with the knowledge you hav

e to drive on the motorway is pure ignorance and stupidity.

We should all weep for a legal system that values the lives of children at 2 years apiece.

Given the relatively small chance of actually getting caught, where exactly is the deterrent against people committing these offences?

Why would someone drive if they think they might be over the limit? Answer - utter stupidity & complete selfishness, with the thought of oh nowt will happen to me, I'll be fine.

Well it's not bloody fine and if you think nowt will happen, think again.

Seperate incident but on Sunday, a couple of car thieves had a trip around where we live. Caused damage to 2 parked cars, almost took out a motorcyclist, a woman walking her dog, raced over the green opposite our house where normally our son plays footie, eventually he lost control, crashed through our next door neighbours hedge and left the hotwired car parked in his front garden.

Were they drunk? Stoned? Dunno - but if he'd have hit my son? I think I'd have been the one going to prison. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' /> Some people just don't get the fact that every action has a consequence.

Yeah but it's alright MrsRam, he's done his time, the lady that lost the two boys she gave birth to and had her husband maimed will just have to move on, McCormick's got a career to reserect and that's what's important here. http://images.wikia.com/runescape/images/1/1f/Emoticon-Facepalm

I can just feel his horror when he found out he'd killed someone. As a parent, I would want to kill him. I'm just looking at the whole thing from my safe perspective. I just hope the parents can find a way of moving on, because that's all they've got.

Archived