Europa League - Bilbao fans fly to wrong country

froggg

It's souless because of the **** we've had to watch for so long. Please don't tell me u would prefer a **** ground to what we have now

I'd prefer a ground like Craven Cottage which has a bit of character and history, even a new ground that is designed a bit different like the Amex. The layout and design of our ground is at the very bottom of the list of grounds I'd like to have.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd prefer a ground like Craven Cottage which has a bit of character and history, even a new ground that is designed a bit different like the Amex. The layout and design of our ground is at the very bottom of the list of grounds I'd like to have.

Agreed, hard to tell the difference between our stadium and the Riverside.

Love grounds like Loftus Road,

I love the new grounds but not the bowl shape design many clubs in England have..

The new stadiums built in Portugal and Germany for the Euros and WC are beautiful stadiums.. But Pride Park is just so plain to me.. The atmosphere I don't care about, but the look is just plain and IMO quite ugly looking..

It's souless because of the **** we've had to watch for so long. Please don't tell me u would prefer a **** ground to what we have now

This is exactly the problem! In 1988, my college over here built a new arena for Basketball. People called it lifeless, well yeah it was lifeless because the fans were lifeless. Basketball went to crap right after it was completed and people lost passion. 17 years later or so, basketball got good again and what do you know? All of a sudden it had a quite a bit of atmosphere to it.

People love the Baseball Ground because it's associated with better times in Derby history. I'm not all too familiar with Derby County's history to be honest, but sports are filled with similar stories. Pride Park, from all I've ever figured out it is a nice solid stadium. Nothing spectacular, but it isn't "ugly" and "soulless". Meanwhile City Ground seems run down and far, far past its prime.

When I first sat down to the very first game at Pride Park against that Italian team, I was gob smacked at the size compared to the BBG.

Everyone's got used to it.

Give us a good team with results to match, and we'll give you a atmosphere, no problem.

Archived