George Boyd

DcFc Dyycheee

It's worth pointing out

He's only scored 7 goals this season, Taylor has scored 12 - your bad.

Not my bad at all.

If you read my post I am talking about Taylor- he has scored 12, valued at 1m and has prem interest. Erm, your bad I am afraid

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who would you replace Boyd for? Hendrick or Bryson, the man who was named young player of the year or the player of the year?

Theo and Steve Davies are good strikers but S.Davies with his injury record (granted some of been unlucky) he has look disinterested at times, and Theo will never score from more than 10 yards out, we need a player who can do the same job as Theo (which isn't too difficult) and pick up the ball and run at the opposition defenders and crack one from 20 yards (Commons et. al)

I'd replace him with either, cos he's better than both of them in an attacking sense. Or ideally, play all three of them.

Our midfield isnt sorted, quite the opposite really, it's got little attacking flair or creativity.

One minute everyone claims that our strikers are good enough, look at there goals to game ratio, they miss a few chances, i.e the last game against Peterborough, and now they're not good enough. I've always thought they were average, but that's not the point.

I've seen enough games this season where the whole team is so devoid of ideas it's painful to watch.

I'd replace him with either, cos he's better than both of them in an attacking sense. Or ideally, play all three of them.

Our midfield isnt sorted, quite the opposite really, it's got little attacking flair or creativity.

One minute everyone claims that our strikers are good enough, look at there goals to game ratio, they miss a few chances, i.e the last game against Peterborough, and now they're not good enough. I've always thought they were average, but that's not the point.

I've seen enough games this season where the whole team is so devoid of ideas it's painful to watch.

Yeah that's been a bit of an issue through most of the season (though not the final month or so).

For me, the issue is on the wings. Bryson has a blindig pass in him once every game (that's why I like him - I see flashes of what I think he can do and you and I have disagreed over this before) and Hendrick is satisfactory, they're good enough for top 10 but they could be much better with some decent wingers. Having Paul Green and Ben Davies either side may work defensively but neither could run with the ball, or pass. Infact Ben Davies can't really do anything with a football. Several times last season I saw Hendrick and Bryson deliberately ignoring Ben Davies, which is a concern.

I don't get Ben Davies.

Yeah that's been a bit of an issue through most of the season (though not the final month or so).

For me, the issue is on the wings. Bryson has a blindig pass in him once every game (that's why I like him - I see flashes of what I think he can do and you and I have disagreed over this before) and Hendrick is satisfactory, they're good enough for top 10 but they could be much better with some decent wingers. Having Paul Green and Ben Davies either side may work defensively but neither could run with the ball, or pass. Infact Ben Davies can't really do anything with a football. Several times last season I saw Hendrick and Bryson deliberately ignoring Ben Davies, which is a concern.

I don't get Ben Davies.

What's to get he's carp lol ( bavies ) we'd be better of with ward on leaft and Tyson/Hughes on the right

What's to get he's carp lol ( bavies ) we'd be better of with ward on leaft and Tyson/Hughes on the right

I agree, Clough does too for the majority of the season. We just need back-up to the above to be better (assuming Tyson is a new player next season!)

Clough loves players with surnames beginning with B so i think he will sign.

Now I think about it..............

Barker, Brayford, Bailey, Bryson, Buxton, Bavies, Beo Bobinson, Bareth Boberts, Brankie Bielding, Bom Barroll, Bason Backell and Bamie Bard.

You're totes right!

Now I think about it..............

Barker, Brayford, Bailey, Bryson, Buxton, Bavies, Beo Bobinson, Bareth Boberts, Brankie Bielding, Bom Barroll, Bason Backell and Bamie Bard.

You're totes right!

tut. Overkill.

So when Boyd played for P'boro at Pride Park in the last game of the season what exactly did he do that made us think he could fit into our team perfectly? absolutely nothing from what I saw 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

Completely agree, Will Hughes did more for me that game then Boyd did. Prefer to play him and save a million notes

Archived