My Statement regarding Proposed South Stand move 2013/2014

therams69

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do fans enhance players performances, yes or no ?

From discussions with them I would say yes.

If you were playing Sunday league football and more were there perhaps making some noise sure you would put that extra percent in. You would run on the buzz of it all.

Not sure how anyone can doubt the effect a vocal home crowd will have on the team. It would just add that extra motivation to any player before the game. You can only get so motivated with no support, once 25000 home fans start backing you it lifts you beyond what any person can achieve all by themselves.

Hopefully be able to get a season ticket for next season, was it next season or the one after that this will be implemented? Where would one sit in the meantime if they wanted to be vocal?

Sorry Mossy I got used to trying to defend this proposal!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

no prob m8, i'm trying to be positive too.. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Exactly.

The atmosphere needs addressing and is being so.

Lets face it, its certainly not going to get any worse! Top 3 of attendances in Champ and yet worse atmosphere. We are an embarrassment when it comes to that. Speak to the away fans that come to PPS.

So for that, like Glasto says, its worth a try!

Fans absolutely affect performance over the course of a season. St James' Park / Sports direct whatever is a good example. Loads of away teams find it intmidating because their fans are stuck up in the top tier and are barely audible. Add this to the immediate roar demanding an instant reply that they give whenever an away team scores first, and its easy to see why they have only lost 43 times at home since the start of the 2001/2 season. Less than 5 times per season on average, they only lost 7 times at home when they were relegated in 2009.

PP will never be the BBG, but we need to do everything we can to make it a place where teams are grateful to avoid a thrashing

Home crowd have the ability to earn penalties and free kicks for the home team and yellow cards for visitors. And help their own team when they need it most, that is when they are playing poorly or in trouble otherwise. One can decide by him/herself if one wants to change things. I've seen this happen myself and it can be done.

Not at the expense of my seat! The seat I had for 13 years. Do you think it's going to cost nothing to change all this around? Dcfc aren't going to pay for it just to "give it a go"

Not at the expense of my seat! The seat I had for 13 years. Do you think it's going to cost nothing to change all this around? Dcfc aren't going to pay for it just to "give it a go"

So your seat is more important than the bigger picture? Just gauging opinion. Valid point and your opinion and I respect that.

DCFC, as Tom Glick said want the move. Fact. However, they are considering what fans want as well before ultimately making a decision. So yeah 'give it a go' !!

I remember the barmy army tried and failed to bring an atmosphere to the north stand. Why is it going to be any different in the south stand?

I remember the barmy army tried and failed to bring an atmosphere to the north stand. Why is it going to be any different in the south stand?

To be fair mate North Stand Block A worked and would have grown year on year had it not been stopped. Great times in there.

South Stand different because next to away fans. This is why the North would never fully take off. Thats the major difference.

Home crowd have the ability to earn penalties and free kicks for the home team and yellow cards for visitors. And help their own team when they need it most, that is when they are playing poorly or in trouble otherwise. One can decide by him/herself if one wants to change things. I've seen this happen myself and it can be done.

Fully true Cisse lad!

Archived