My Statement regarding Proposed South Stand move 2013/2014

therams69

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sitting behind the goal is a crap view. I don't go to watch derby to listen to some people chanting, I go to watch a football match so I want the best view I can get. If you think you can get a better atmosphere behind the goal, there is another one. Move to the north stand.

I like my seat where it is, and so do the 4 other people I go with.

Sitting behind the goal is a crap view. I don't go to watch derby to listen to some people chanting, I go to watch a football match so I want the best view I can get. If you think you can get a better atmosphere behind the goal, there is another one. Move to the north stand.

I like my seat where it is, and so do the 4 other people I go with.

I 100% agree with this..

I've had season tickets in the north stand, SE corner, SW corner and the East Stand (near the half way line) and my favourite place was up high in the SW corner (the opposite side of the away fans).. I had a perfect view of the pitch, nice atmosphere without any yobs jumping up and down swearing all the time, and I could actually sit back and enjoy the game of football..

Wow. Lots of negativity towards it.

From my point of view I'm not against it, I'm just not one of those whose desperate for it.. If you guys want to do it as you think it will create a better atmosphere for you then you should go through with it..

But for me personally the atmosphere isn't the reason why I would go to the games nor would it bother me if we all sat in silence.. I'd happily sit there watching a game with my feet up talking tactics to the guy next to me observing what is going on with the game.

I don't think people are as such against it, it's just perhaps many people don't see how it benefits them personally

Brit - Thats fair enough mate. But fans have to vote. If they dont see why it would improve PPS then I fear them voting no for the move.

If the fans do not want it, it will not come in. If you are a SE ST ticket holder you will be asked and I urge everyone to consider whats best for Derby County, that is the team we love and care about and this will gain us extra points over the season.

Sage - This wont be a problem, Glick said that. It wont affect fans leaving the game etc.

Safe Standing would be a waste in SE Corner so this move has to happen at some point.

To be honest mate I don't think it will have any effect on the pitch whatsoever..

I don't see how shooting infront of your own fans will give you that extra edge to scoring and winning more points over a season.. Liverpool have one of the worst home records in the PL and that's infront of the famous 'KOP'

It didn't stop Man City scoring 5 goals infront of the Stretford End at OT.. It's not a card that's likely to swing any favours as it's mythical to think that aving a singing end behind the goal will generate more points over a season.. There is absoloutely no proof of this whatsoever..

It is for the fans benefit only, and those that want to sing.. I don't think people will buy the 'it will help the team more' because IMO it won't make any difference. If you want it, vote for it.. In reality it's only going to affect 1/4 of the attendance anyway, those that don't sit in the SE corner aren't going to be affected in any shape or form.. So it's looking like a majority vote from the SE corner is what's going to swing it and those that vote no because they like their seat etc.. Are perfectly entitled to do so..

Good luck to those who want it though

To be honest mate I don't think it will have any effect on the pitch whatsoever..

I don't see how shooting infront of your own fans will give you that extra edge to scoring and winning more points over a season.. Liverpool have one of the worst home records in the PL and that's infront of the famous 'KOP'

It didn't stop Man City scoring 5 goals infront of the Stretford End at OT.. It's not a card that's likely to swing any favours as it's mythical to think that aving a singing end behind the goal will generate more points over a season.. There is absoloutely no proof of this whatsoever..

It is for the fans benefit only, and those that want to sing.. I don't think people will buy the 'it will help the team more' because IMO it won't make any difference. If you want it, vote for it.. In reality it's only going to affect 1/4 of the attendance anyway, those that don't sit in the SE corner aren't going to be affected in any shape or form.. So it's looking like a majority vote from the SE corner is what's going to swing it and those that vote no because they like their seat etc.. Are perfectly entitled to do so..

Good luck to those who want it though

Disagree it terms of it making a difference. I have spoken to Clough numerous times and players, they want it, they said it will make a difference to them at PPS.

Yes correct it will be up to the SE ST holders and guess we will see matey.

You also have to consider other fans in different areas that want to move to the new south stand, many fans have said to me they would come back, would this outweigh the ST loss if fans were to not renew. Not for me to say but needs to be considered.

I think it's a good idea in theory, but I'm not sure it will work logistically re buffer zones and leaving the game. However if safe standing does come back in, it will make more sense.

Surely an easy solution when leaving games is to hold the away fans back for 10-15 minutes at the end.. Many teams up and down the country do this already.. As for buffer zones, I haven't got a clue what that means? Segregation? A line of stewards and a 2 metre netting should do the trick..

Disagree it terms of it making a difference. I have spoken to Clough numerous times and players, they want it, they said it will make a difference to them at PPS.

You also have to consider other fans in different areas that want to move to the new south stand, many fans have said to me they would come back, would this outweigh the ST loss if fans were to not renew. Not for me to say but needs to be considered.

I guess only time will tell if it makes a difference on the pitch or not.. There's a difference between prefering something or feeling more comfortable a certain way than to actually performing better..

I'm sure every Liverpool player prefers to play their games at Anfield but the reality is they've won more games away from home this season.. The same goes for Wigan or Bolton..

Ask any Bolton player if they prefer to play their last game of the season at the Reebok or at Stoke and they'd say the Reebok.. They feel more comfortable in front of their own fans, they feel the fans can help them and be the 12th man.. In reality, stats say they've got more chance winning away..

I guess only time will tell on that part, but IMO I honestly don't see Derby winning and extra few games (someone mentioned an extra 10 points - crazy) just because we have fans chanting behind the goal..

One question though, should we go 0-1 down or we're playing poorly.. Are those fans behind the goal going to continue singing and supporting the players throughtout the match? No matter what?

Surely an easy solution when leaving games is to hold the away fans back for 10-15 minutes at the end.. Many teams up and down the country do this already.. As for buffer zones, I haven't got a clue what that means? Segregation? A line of stewards and a 2 metre netting should do the trick..

Line of stewards is more than acceptable at games such as Spurs v Arsenal. Liverpool v City etc so more than acceptable at Derby.

Not for me to say Brit when go 1 nil down. Fans are encouraged by each other. Proven by the sick Forest chants. PPS hasnt had a facelift in 15 years so who knows what could happen. Would be good to get the regular away fans together, we sing and support whatever.

However the players talked and discussed that the reasons for the Leeds + West Ham at PPS wins as example was down to the noisy atmosphere (played a part should I say!)

Its not just about fans chanting behind the goal. About being iconic as well. Making it fun. Majority of fans nowadays go to PPS as its routine, not because they want to. Fact. I have spoken to enough fans to know.

We will see though mate...

Archived