Weather Updates

mozza

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not closed but loads of cancelled flights.....including mine.....yet the weather is better than yesterday.

Didnt see anything coming or going.

might be ice on the runway not snow, or maybe slush

if the ground gets to a certain temperature the deicing fluid doesn't work.

might be ice on the runway not snow, or maybe slush

if the ground gets to a certain temperature the deicing fluid doesn't work.

and depending on the width of cleared runway some planes cant land or take off

if its slushy the breaking action may not be good enough for planes to take off or land

slush is very dangerous - it was slush that caused Munich

Forgive my cynicism but 1 hour later all flights are running.

I think they simply cancelled flights so that there was no backlog to deal with on a sunday, and possibly to limit liability to claims for delay.

(Yesterday - worse weather - and virtually flights all flights left - albeit after some serious delays)

Forgive my cynicism but 1 hour later all flights are running.

I think they simply cancelled flights so that there was no backlog to deal with on a sunday, and possibly to limit liability to claims for delay.

(Yesterday - worse weather - and virtually flights all flights left - albeit after some serious delays)

you could be right - the old business ethos "piss off the minority" rather than delay eveyone all day they cancel the morning and let the evening passengers go on time and be happy

No idea what our weathers like. Been in bed since Saturday night poorly so didn't care. As long as it's all gone by Friday I'm not bothered.

Im landing at 3pm tomorrow , chance of it not happening, no Ryanair flights have landed or taken off from East Mids for last 2 days , not going to be happy if i cant make it , been looking forward to Bristol City for ages :(

Hope you make it!

slush is very dangerous - it was slush that caused Munich

Actually Ralph, I saw the documentary. It was ice on the wing.

Yes, I know you used to be a traffic warden at Manchester airport, but I saw the documentary with my own eyes.

As they say in Mehico, FACT!

A traffic warden? Hehehehehehe :lol:

And I believe actually Ralph that there was slush present on the runway and it was a build up of this that meant take off couldn't happen as it should and it crashed. The pilot was cleared of not de-icing his wings.

A traffic warden....I'm still laughing :lol:

Actually Ralph, I saw the documentary. It was ice on the wing.

Yes, I know you used to be a traffic warden at Manchester airport, but I saw the documentary with my own eyes.

As they say in Mehico, FACT!

actually Fred - the initial thoughts were ice on the wing reducing lift caused it - and the pilot was blamed for not deicing properly and using anti-icing procedures.

he fought to clear his name and this led to investigations into the unknown effects of slush on the runway which caused aquaplaning and insufficient airspeed over the wing to create enough lift for take off.

A traffic warden? Hehehehehehe :lol:

And I believe actually Ralph that there was slush present on the runway and it was a build up of this that meant take off couldn't happen as it should and it crashed. The pilot was cleared of not de-icing his wings.

A traffic warden....I'm still laughing :lol:

actually Fred - the initial thoughts were ice on the wing reducing lift caused it - and the pilot was blamed for not deicing properly and using anti-icing procedures.

he fought to clear his name and this led to investigations into the unknown effects of slush on the runway which caused aquaplaning and insufficient airspeed over the wing to create enough lift for take off.

Blar blar blar

Ice on the wing.

Move along, you're positioned and held on double yellas.

Some British gentleman send this to Finnish Embassy (London):

Dear Sir/Madam/Ms,

According to reports in today's newspapers, the foul weather that we are experiencing in the UK is coming directly from Finland.

I respectfully request that you stop this unfriendly behaviour immediately. It is playing havoc with my plans for the garden, not to mention the heating bills.

I shall expect an improvement very soon, and will not accept any excuses! Thank you.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived