Addison and croft able to leave derby in the summer

DCFC4_LIFE

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are they going to be allowed to leave for free?

I feckin hope not, how many half decent players have we let go for free under Clough, get a few quid for them.

A fair few, but these two are third decent...maybe even quarter decent.

Lee Croft looks good for one game, has a week eating kebabs to celebrate then looks fat for the next 5 games and eats his way to oblivion in to the rest of the season (allegedly). Miles Addison looks hench but breaks footballs, ruins the turf at Pride Park and forgets you can use the side of your foot to stroke the ball to other members of your team.

I recall some absolutely horrendous performances from Addison...performances I haven't seen from any of Clough's favourites. Newcastle away springs to mind. Rabbit in the headlights.

There are lots of things I dislike about Clough's management but his ruthlessness in getting rid of deadwood like these is something I like.

How the hell did Croft get a new deal? He's never really done it for us and surely was on quite big wages. Thought it was ridiculous when he started the season playing in the first team, of all the players to give a second chance to, Clough chose him! Be good the get rid of him, but who's going to want him? Most likely be released and then join someone on a free.

The same can be said about Addison, why give him a new deal at the start of the season when he was just going straight out on loan? He says he's caught in between midfield and defence, then surely that's the player he wants? He wanted someone in the summer to play that defensive midfield role and Addison can do that as some of his performances for Barnsley showed.( I know some were disappointing) and also is versatile as Clough seems to like his players to be. Seen on a Bournemouth forum about some of them wanting him for next season and to be made captain, shows what they think of him. Don't know what the previous poster is talking about, Newcastle away was far and away his best game at CB for us.

Croft I won't lose sleep over. Felt it was harsh when he first got dumped from first team but he's had two chances now and it isn't working for him here.

Addison I will be upset about. How anyone can say his man of the match performance against Newcastle was a poor game by him is beyond me. I think it's situations like this that show the fickleness of fans. I think the lad has a future and just needs a manager with the ability and man management skills to smooth out his rough edges. I hope, if he does go, he goes on and shows how could he can be and proves to Nigel that sometimes players need a bit of coaching.

What sort of player is Addison? All I see is a slow clumbsy midfielder who can't pass or bulldog type defender with poor positioning who can easily be done by someone with an ouce of pace and good movement..

I have no idea why anyone here would want to keep him other than he is a Derby graduate and from around here.. As far as his footballing abilities, he won't improve us..

If Jewell had bought him from X club no one would want him around here..

Well I doubt anyone will be too concerned about Croft leaving. The main drawback on this could be the injury he picked up there a couple of weeks ago which might mean he is not ready to play for anyone. Think it was his hamstring. Guess he would be let go on a free if there is a deal for him to play somewhere, maybe at the same club he is at now in Scotland. Similar deal as happened with Martin and Leacock. The club/ players agents? found some club that were prepared to take them on as players and Derby then cancelled their contracts and so this probably reduced the amount they would need to be paid off in wages (I would guess).

As for Addison. Its a shame, but this happens in Football, he was rated by Jewell and found his best form in a Derby shirt under him. Seems like he lost some pace and his football progress stalled since his injury. Clough is not a fan and Clough is the boss, so there you go. Goodbye and goodluck. There could be one silver lining in this though. Bournemouth are apparently in the money. Russian billionaire owners or something. Think they spent quiet a bit in the January Window. They may well pay us a decent fee for him, more than we might expect to get from most other clubs. The Pugh rumour might also have some truth in it so it could end up as a swap deal of some kind. Who knows.

Croft wouldn't be bothered in the slightest to be honest had a few good games for derby wish him luck wherever he ends up.

Miles leaving is just a baffling situation decent young player who can do a job for us & we just want to let him leave with barks out all season, Shackell possibly leaving too & OB still injured who knows how long its gonna take to bring him back in? Leaves us with just Buxton who is an actual cb

Archived