Simon Cox

JacobDcfc

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing time rather than sitting on the bench for the majority of the forthcoming seasons.

U say that but is there really any difference between say theo and Maynard cox or ball? Granted Maynard and cox have more experience but honestly are they any better?

Imagin it know a derby front 3 of

Baldock cox ball !

• 1 month later...

Should be a good signing for them - but I think this will open peoples eyes up to what sort of fees are being splashed around for a perceived goalscorer and Simon Cox is proven at league one level and no higher, so shows how difficult it could be to replace Savies.

I would guess the Forest strikers wagebill is bigger than our whole teams.

Derbyshire and Miller are on 18k a week aren't they - seems neither of them will play next season as well... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Should be a good signing for them - but I think this will open peoples eyes up to what sort of fees are being splashed around for a perceived goalscorer and Simon Cox is proven at league one level and no higher, so shows how difficult it could be to replace Savies.

I would guess the Forest strikers wagebill is bigger than our whole teams.

Derbyshire and Miller are on 18k a week aren't they - seems neither of them will play next season as well... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Bet they might be on more than 18k. Ridicules money for what they are.

I can't see Cox being a great signing, he's only had 1 prolific season and that was when he was at Swindon when they were in league 1. Fair enough he scored 32 goals in 54 appearences in that season, and since he was quite young was signed by a Premier League side (West Brom). So he lacks Championship experience, which is surely what we're looking for? Plus, like others have said, he's not worth 2million. West Brom signed him for 1.5million when he was at his best, now he's a few years older and scoring less goals he's worth 500k more? Sounds abit odd to me. Cox, IMO, would have done so much better if he had progressed to a Championship side after Swindon, rather than jumping to the Prem.

He'll be good for this level, just 2 million pounds for a "good" player is alot. I reckon Theo will score more and was signed for almost 10th of the price!

In all honesty I would just player Blackstock and Miller... and save the money - don't think he is a lot better than either of them.

Striker cox joins forest influx!!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7983863/Cox-joins-Forest-influx

Nottingham Forest owner Fawaz Al Hasawi has confirmed the signing of Simon Cox from West Bromwich Albion.

Sky Sports revealed earlier on Saturday that Forest were set to win the race for the striker and he has now sealed a move to the City Ground.

A number of other clubs had been interested in the 25-year-old and Al Hasawi is delighted to have added him to Forest's ranks.

"Welcome to Republic of Ireland international striker Simon Cox, who has joined us from West Brom. He is our seventh signing of the summer," he said on Twitter.

Cox also tweeted his joy at the move and expressed his gratitude to the Baggies for everything they had done for him.

He wrote: "Think I'm all done now. Signed now. Can't wait to get started and exciting times ahead. #nffc.

"I would like to thank all the fans and players and staff at WBA for my time there loved it. Met some lovely people. Wish u all the best."

Archived