Who will we be going for???

Mary Hindge

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would probably go for:

Defence

Matthrew Bates: Very unlikely but could be the Barker cover we need for a season

David Murphy: Said somewhere last season we should go for him and then he signed a years contract would go fo him as first choice left back and Roberts as back up.

Midfielder

Mikele Leigertwood: Would be my first choice, hopefully Reading do go up and they dont want him, again unlikely :-(

Jay Tabb: Not sure if injured but hasnt been getting many games at Reading so maybe able to pick him up, I really like him has ability and always gives a 110%, obnly down size he is a midget

Sammy Clingham: Could easily pick him up even if Coventry do stay up to be fair not seen him play for a while but could he add a bit of steal to our midfield? A negative would be that he was once a red dog....

Adam Clayton: Sort of player Nige likes, young, hard working and is improving all the time

Chris McCann: Very good player for the division, only probem injured more than frigging Darren Anderton, suits Derby quite well

Marvin Elliott: Box to box players lots of energy and always gives his all would improve our midfield no end.

Lewis McGugan: If we got him for nowt I would be fookin giddy, not consistent and not a Nige type of player so aint going to happen!!!

I would go for both defenders and want one more defensive minded midfielder and one more attacking so thats erm Leigertwood and McGugan hhhhmmmm yes please.

I didnt mention Paul Anderson as didnt want to mention more than one red dog but now I have i will say if his wages were low i would offer him a contract as he could be the wide right player we need.

[url=http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/erik-huseklepp/transfers/spieler_34599.html]Erik Huseklepp , solid striker , think he is contracted to Portsmouth whilst on loan at Brum , wages may be high though

i think its a little mis leading as I think he still has a contract with Pompy buut his "loan" contract runs out at Birmingham at the end of this season.

The problem with that list is it ranks players by their market value. Their market cost in terms of fee is zero. It's the weekly wage we will buy on. We need a LC, CB, CM or WM and a CF. The trouble is we are only looking to pay £3-6k a week each.

i think its a little mis leading as I think he still has a contract with Pompy buut his "loan" contract runs out at Birmingham at the end of this season.

Pompey will be going down ,, will be like a Woolworths closing down sale at Fratton Park end of the season

£3 - £6k is that a educated guess or a fact? I think we need LB CB (loan or someone for a year) and 2 x CM and perhaps a wide man who could give is another opition. Dont think we need a striker actually happy with what we have got and we could be getting Maguire back.

Tam Mak from Millwall is a very good player, very highly rated there but been injured this season.

Gareth McCleary has come good, very good in recent weeks.

Richard Wellens is a player I've always liked, a good industrial player

Grant Leadbitter - the infamous leadbitter SMASH

Anthony Gerrard a good solid centre back

I wouldn't be surprised to see Wellens come here, in all honesty.

LB - Elokobi, good at this level but would be too expensive. Aidy White would be cheaper and can play LM.

CB - Murphy can play CB and LB which could save money, but would need to take a pay cut. The lad Lynch from Forest could be more affordable.

CM/WM - Vicente is an amazing player, but Brighton and others would outbid us. Richie Wellens could be a good short term bet, if Leicester release him. NC wants an experienced CM.

It's all down to cold, hard cash.

CF - Dobbie is a good forward who can link up play, but Blackpool would be favourites. Again McLeary is more affordable and can play wide right too.

£3 - £6k is that a educated guess or a fact? I think we need LB CB (loan or someone for a year) and 2 x CM and perhaps a wide man who could give is another opition. Dont think we need a striker actually happy with what we have got and we could be getting Maguire back.

It's an educated guess, based on previous wages quoted and our ambition to keep a low wage bill.

ched evens is out of contact in the summer got 20+ goals in league 1

id like hammill good winger and koren probs out of buget

i like he look of garven he seems affordable and of the right quality

id love assulin on loan as well

I agree with the striker thing and I hope that Maguire does come back. As for CB, I am not too sure that we need one. I know Barker will be missed but we have Buxton, who deserves a chance, and O.B will hopefully come back strong. The lad Naylor can apparently play CB as well- very impressed with him so far at RB too.

I have often said that I am not that big a fan of Greenie but I am willing to accept that he has done well since coming back in and hope that he stays. That said, he isn't worth blowing the wage budget for and we wouldn't struggle too badly to replace him.

This summer, I hope we concentrate on getting a creative midfielder, a battling midfielder and keep all of our players. (A big turn around as mid-season most of them could have left for me!). Other than that a bit of cover for LB and I think we can look forward to a good season if we can get a bit of consistency going and our strikers don't keep breaking.

Archived