Who will we be going for???

Mary Hindge

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jay Rodriguez out of contract at the end of the season, clough's a big fan claiming him to be 'one of the best in the division' although we'll probably back out when he asks for half decent wages.

Other possibilities out of contract:-

Julien Faubert - Excellent right back, but i think we've got enough cover there

Stephen Dobbie - Been promoted with Blackpool and Swansea, knows what it takes to get out of this division.

Filip Kiss - Scored against us at pride park, and impressed me

We'd have to sacrifice our wage bill to get Jay Rod here in my opinion. Can't see that one as much as i'd like him.

I wpuld have thought at his age, any club would have to pay compo to Burnley. Could be as high as £1m

Alot of the players being mentioned are surely out of Cloughs wage budget. Jay Rodriguez has been linked with Premier League teams, so it's hard to picture him joining Derby in a lower league for less money. George Elokobi would also be on a high wage as he is at Premier League side Wolves. However, he may be looking to join another club as he doesn't reguarly start for Wolves. Then again, should Wolves get relegated, they may need players like him to stay as bigger players such as Matt Jarvis and Steven Fletcher etc could leave. After reading other posts, I agree that I would like players such as Sammy Clingan to join. Especially if Coventry get relegated we could get him for a decent price aswell so Clough may swoop for him. Another CM that would be good is Grant McCann of Peterborough. I know theres been a few people talking about Chris McCann of Burnley, but Grant is cheaper and scores a hat-full of goals from midfield. He's got a great left foot. In terms of a winger, looking at the link that was posted in this forum, Robert Brady of Hull City is priced at £100,000! He signed from Manchester United last summer, and in my opinion would be a great signing for us. He's young and skillfull and if Hull only want a figure around £100,000 then Clough should definetly look into signing him. Defensively, I heard Derby where interested in Dundee United LB Paul Dixon. He's about 24 and 6ft tall from what I know and has always been close to breaking into the national team (He's Scottish). I'd like Clough to sign him and use Gareth Roberts as the cover. Due to Shaun Barkers injury, I think we need to get cover in. But only a loan. We'll have Shackell, Buxton and O'Brien fit next season, all of which are natural CB's. Then Naylor can play CB too, with Paul Green and John Brayford able to cover RB. The only thing is I'd make sure we loan an experienced player, because if Shackell got injured for example, then we have Buxton, O'Brien and Naylor, all of which look to be developing into quality players, but between them dont have many caps at championship level under there belts, plus O'Brien and Naylor are very young. Therefore an experiences centre half to command youths would be very beneficial. Last thing, Do we need a striker? I don't know about you but we look at Chris Maguire out on loan at Portsmouth and performing very well, and most importantly scoring goals! Then we have Nathan Tyson who's odds to score must be similar to those of Frank Fielding! (Obviously there not but i'm just showing my disapointment in how bad Tyson is), yet Clough persists in putting faith in Tyson by playing him. I'd bring Maguire back in and play him, send Tyson out on loan to Wycombe (I only say Wycombe because Tyson scored 42 goals in 78 appearnces for them!) Then pray he finds some form and hope he does well next time he walks out the tunnel in a Derby shirt. Sorry for going on, theres alot to discuss!! COYR!

George Elokobi, I dont think would improve us, and his wages will be well out of the 3k - 6k that we are saying we will be offering players.

I think Grant McCann is probably too old for our young hungry team!!! Also think came out and said he would not play for another team, also think Chris McCann is the better player just needs to get over injuries and play a little more concistently.

Paul Dixon is a good shout for left back unfortunately Dundee will probably want a fee for him and by the sounds of it the most we can hope for in the summer will be a few free transfers, maybe a couple more if we dont get Green or Savies to sign an extension

I also dont think we need a striker with Savies and Robinson being first choice and a back up of Ball, Tyson and Maguire and think we are covered.

CB 2 x CM and maybe a RW if we do have a little to spend???

Michael your point about tyson being sent out on loan is pointless as he will be almost 32 come start of the season and when he comes back he will be 33 to 34 and I've see him in younger years compared to his movement in his recent derby matches and you can see that he dosent so freely so as he gets older he's going to get slower and personally all he has is pace.Im still convinced though that theo is faster than tyson.

Michael your point about tyson being sent out on loan is pointless as he will be almost 32 come start of the season and when he comes back he will be 33 to 34 and I've see him in younger years compared to his movement in his recent derby matches and you can see that he dosent so freely so as he gets older he's going to get slower and personally all he has is pace.Im still convinced though that theo is faster than tyson.

Yes he is old, I just don't want him at the club. Clough obviously won't sell him, he'll be embarressed that one of his own signings was such a failure. So the next best thing would be to loan him, anything but including him amongst the starting 11 or subs.

Archived